Ratings for Dr. Paul Adams

I have the same experience with him. He did not see me for almost a year without returning my calls. But meanwhile I had to take pills. One day, I call and stated that I will get there without any appointment. Few minutes after I received a call back and had an appoinment scheduled finally.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Adams has no personality and makes assumptions about a person instead of taking time to talk to you. I had his intern ask me questions and then Dr. Adams come into the room to discuss me with the intern for about 3-5 minutes. I have other health conditions that he doesn't seem to take into consideration and kept saying I had diabetes, which I don't. I had to repeat that 3 times I DON'T have diabetes. He seemed uninterested and honestly like he didn't care. I am not sure why he went into the field of medicine as he is so uncaring. He talked about a liver biopsy and I said I would need to be sedated as just freezing the area wouldn't be good as I have really HIGH anxiety and would panic. He said guess I wasn't getting one done there then and brushed it off. He ordered blood work and then left. No follow up appointment, not even a good bye. I waited almost a year for this appointment and travelled 1.5 hrs to get there. What a waste of time. I still am no close to a diagnosis. Oh, he also looked at me and told me to lose weight and that would probably solved a lot of problems. I have an under active thyroid. It is really severe. They are trying to get the right dose to make it normal. It always is changing between under active and normal. I also have Fibromyalgia and the meds made me gain some weight as well. Honestly, he is a judging douchebag.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr. Adams may be an expert in his field, but his "bedside manner"leaves much to be desired. I have no choice bu to deal with Dr. Adams as he is the only specialist in my condition in this area, but I have found him to be disinterested, unempathetic, abrupt and unavailable. Calls to his office are rarely returned, and staffing seems to be inconsistent, so that if you do get through to a live person, you will be starting from scratch each time in resolving whatever issue you have been calling about. If you are unfortunate enough to be dealing with Dr. Adams, be prepared to be persistent (aka pushy) in order to get any help or attention from him. Extremely frustrating.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Travelled far to see this doctor and was seen promptly but difficult to office in the Hospital as it is under renovations. Saw the doctor very quickly and it seemed he had not reviewed the referral information and tests results forwarded by the referring physician and Family Doctor prior to meeting with us and seemed not updated as to why we had come. He repeated the same tests and was not interested in other physical gastric /intestinal issues that the patient was experiencing . No follow up appointment was booked for test results and can not get any response from the doctors office 2 months after the initial office visit. It is important to communicate with the patient and if a patient is told that they will be notified about a test result regardless of the result it is important to do so.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012