Ratings for Dr. Rabia Khan

Dr. Khan is outstanding - I never have to wait and she even emails with me about concerns in order to save us both time. When I've switched a medication, she checks with me about its effectiveness. I'm so happy that she is my doctor!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr. Khan is the best doctor that I have ever had!! sge has been our family's Doctor for over 5 years now. I feel that she genuinely cares about us and will do what's necessary to help. She is also very kind, listens to all my concerns, I never feel rushed, refers me to specialists if I need more help:) all family doctors should be like her! I'm moving to Ottawa so I'll have to find a new family doctor. I wish I could take her with me!! She is what I will miss most about Rockwood.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr Kahn is nice and pleasant but I agree with the previous poster where she is very hands off. She seems to want to send you off any chance she gets to see another dr. My husband tried to book a physical a few years back and was told she didn't do them on men because of her religion. That he would need to see a different dr for that. I went to her for a pap test once and it was the most painful uncomfortable procedure I've ever had done. I've had multiple children so I've had many of those! It really felt awkward and like she had no idea what she was doing. After that I was referred to a gynecologist which I gladly accepted. Appointments are impossible to get and you are almost always referred to a walk in clinic if it's for something you need to see her right away for. I've started taking my health into my own hands and have asked many questions on possible answers to my chronic illnesses I've been seeking help from her for years. When I ask questions she acts surprised and often needs to look things up. Even names of specific tests to have done she won't know and will often say she will look into it but never does. I've had her also say she wasn't sure of the name of a specific drug to try but she'd find out and call it into my pharmacy for me. I would get there only for them to tell me that nothing has been called in. I'm in the process of trying to find another dr but unfortunately in this area we have very little to choose from.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Dr. Khan is an amazing doctor. She is compassionate, caring and always goes above and beyond to ensure my family is receiving the best care possible. She has an excellent bedside manner and relates wonderfully with both of my teenage children. She never hesitates to refer us to a specialist when necessary and I have never had any of my concerns or questions dismissed. We are so fortunate to have Dr. Khan as our family doctor!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Very hands OFF doctor! My family has recently had to switch doctors and we now go to Dr. Khan. She has yet to actually come into contact with any one of us. She mostly sits at her computer and types in her notes. My daughter recently suffered whiplash in a car accident and was told by the hospital to go and follow up with her family doctor. When the insurance came to the house to visit , they asked if she had been examined by our family doctor. She had to say that she'd been in to see her but not actually examined. Dr. Khan just wrote down that the hospital had diagnosed whiplash and told her to continue with their recommended treatment. She barely looked at her let alone examine. So what was the point in going in? The insurance adjuster was a little surprised. It seems we are expected to know what to ask for when we go in, rather than her doing a check up and making recommendations.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Khan is so caring and understanding. She listens to you and does not ever rush your appointment. She seems very understanding and helpful if you have any questions. She is by far the best doctor I have had. I would reccommend her to anyone! She's fabulous :)

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I agree with the others that posted here. Since moving to Rockwood I have been bounced around from 2 other doctors who left the clinic. Dr. Khan is fantastic, caring and understanding. My ONLY complaint is not with her but with the clinic staff. They are WAY too nosey when it comes to information they "need" in booking appointments.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr. Khan is fabulous. She is gentle natured, she smiles, asks about how I'm feeling and about my personal life, and answers all of my questions. I'm seeing her right now for my first pregnancy - at 10 weeks I relocated temporarily overseas and her staff was in touch and excellent regarding my care and transferring my files for me. Now that I'm back and have moved to Toronto, I drive 80km to see her and the drive doesn't bother me one bit because she is truly excellent - it feels like I'm visiting a friend who cares about me personally.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

The absolute best all around...always has time to discuss your issues and has no problem referring to a specialist when in doubt. Terrific bedside manner and explains her thoughts or concerns thoroughly.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013