Ratings for Dr. Tamara Y. Brown

I've been her patient for 9 years and she's gets an A+++++!!! :)

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

My experience with Dr. Brown has been a positive one overall... She listens to me and seems to be very informed. She does not let you choose your course of treatment. She tells you what she thinks is the best treatment for you and your condition.(She is the doctor),,,,,She has ordered all of my diagnostic test in a timely manner. Now be that as it may... I may have to wait for a day or two before I get my results(unless there is a serious issue,if so, tracy calls me when she gets the results)As far as prescriptions are concerned,...she sends them over electronically when you leave the office. I like Dr. Brown. I understand that she is running a small practice on her own,I understand that she is ONE caring for Many.If this does'nt work for you,I say find a new doctor. She has a good bedside manner and I have'nt had any problems with her in the two years that i have been a patient.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Had a appointment for a physical and arrived 30 minutes early only to be seen an hour and a half after my appointment time. Also called to see if I could get a prescription called in from Poison Ivy and it took them 2 days to get it. Got reinfected and was DENIED a second prescription. So, let just say I'M STILL ITCHING... Not like I was asking for a HIGH POWERED DRUG.... Poor service....

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

My experience with Dr. Brown showed that she doesn't consider input from her patients and doesn't put their well-being first. I was a patient last year and lost my insurance, but was able to get free medical care due to my hypertension. I was prescribed HCTZ (a diuretic) and it controlled my hypertension well. I regained my insurance this year and decided to choose Dr. Brown again, but couldn't get an immediate appointment. I was out of medication and asked her to call in a prescription for the HCTZ so I wouldn't be without meds until my appointment. She said that she had no way of knowing what medicine I had been prescribed recently and decided to put me on a med SHE chose. My blood pressure got steadily higher the longer I took it. I asked again if she would just call in the HCTZ & was told that I would have to be evaluated in-office first before she would continue prescribing "all these different medications". I had only asked for HCTZ. Go figure.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Good doctor. Very thorough. Office does not take checks, only credit and debit cards

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Dr. Tamara Y. Brown's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Healthnet