Ratings for Dr. Vijaya Prabhu

An extraordinary human being! Always went the extra distance for me. She was professional, caring, compassionate, cautious with medication, on time and efficient with paper work. A real gem! I am exceedingly grateful for all that she did for me while I was in her care.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Like multiple people stated I find her very rude and judgemental. It's really frustrating to try and get your point across to someone who doesn't listen. I struggle with anxiety, depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I had told her that I find anxiety physically & emotionally exhausting. Her response was "Anxiety isn't an illness." Not even exaggerating. If it's not an illness why are you medicating me? More importantly if it's not an illness why do you even have a job? Definitely stay away from this "psychiatrist". I'm going to be looking for a new one.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

She treated me while she still worked in Winnipeg. I worshipped her. I became gravely ill as a result of undiagnosed heart failure, ended up in hospital where I was finally diagnosed. I was freaking! After her day at a clinic across from the hospital, she'd come to see me for an hour 2 or 3 times a week for several weeks, leaving around 6 PM, instead of her clinic end-of-day around 5 PM. She was of immense help and support before, during and after my hospitalization. I wept openly when she told me she and her hubby doc had accepted positions down east. Her best resident took me on and he too was helpful but was no match to Dr. V. That was 25 years ago and I still think of her often.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Completely disrespectful. I was physically abused for years and then my boyfriend tried to kill me. I went to see her, she was provided by Mental Health, she said I just need to get over it and not fear him because the world is full of people like him. She said it is up to me to get over it and I pretty much caused it. What a horrible person. Where did she get her qualifications and why is she allowed to traumatize people like this?

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

referrral for an assessment was a waste of time. Judgemental, critical, non objective attitude,Unwelcomimg and disrespectful of the resident. The office was crowded and extremely untidy. Not an environment conducive to a comfortable conversation or assessment.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

She treated me like I was incompetent and seemed to be more judgey than helpful. I left feeling more depressed and frustrated about my condition than I had come in. She didn't listen to me and seemed to have no concern for me.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr.Prabhu is very patient and thorough. She does not recklessly prescribe medications. A patient and kind psychiatrist. 8.5/10.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

She is the most kind, caring, and amazing doctor! She listens to everything I have to say and is incredibly understanding... She always takes her time and does not change medications unnecissarily.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Everytime i see her i leave traumatized. She is very cold and has no idea how to relate to people. During every appointment she decides to play with my medication, even if it's working and i have no issues with it. At my last appointment she decided to take me off a medication that i'd been taking without any problems for 10 yrs and to put me on something else that i wasn't comfortable taking. She wouldn't listen to my concerns. While you are talking to her she just sits there and smiles obnoxiously. She makes me feel very uncomfortable and if i didn't need someone to prescribe my medication, i'd never be back. I'm currently looking for another doctor who will be more understanding.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012