Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Chan

Always busy, expecting for wait for more than 1 hour. And only about 5 minutes to talk to you. He’s always rush to do something else. When you ask one question. He won’t give you a clear answer. Last time he said a “medical words”, which we don’t understand. He ask my husband to google it online instead of explain it. Would never recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

My father's prostate cancer was treated by Dr Chan and the whole family is very gratefull to him and his staff. He is skilled, compassionate, and in high demand. 10/10 would certainly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

最之近本人患有血尿問題,經家庭醫生轉介見陳醫生,reffer letter 轉介信發到陳醫生醫三星期後亦未有收到陳醫生預所通知何時有appointment 見陳醫生。我打電話到法所查問,職员Sally 小姐生知我的 appointment 是在5個月後。我告訢Sally 我每天都在流血不能等5個月,我要求早點見陳醫生。Sally 說不能提早,要我等5個月。當我要求如果有任何早一点的applicant 請通知我時,說話未完Sally 突然排線,如此冷血粗暴醫療態度是完全不能接受,令病人對這專科診所全失信心。 我在不斷流血要急於見專科醫生給我止血,最後我到醫院急症室才得到治理。

Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr Chan became my urologist when I was admitted through the ER for a kidney stone in early spring 2015. I ended up having three surgeries for two (separate) stones in four months. Nobody's fault! I was well taken care of for two in-patient (at TSH Birchmount) and one day surgery (at TSH Main) scopes to remove the stones. The part I wasn't happy with is that I either barely saw or didn't see the doctor at all after surgery. The in-patient surgeries were performed on Monday evenings (I'd been admitted two days prior) as no doubt my case was handled after regular hours (I wasn't returned to my room til 9 pm and midnight, respectively) so I understand the logistics there. However, although I was still in the hospital a day after surgery, it wasn't until about 10 days later, when I went for the post-op follow-up, that I was told I needed *another* surgery as the stone couldn't be 100% removed on first try. THAT news could've been shared with me in the hospital. I was new to the kidney stone arena and thought everything had gone well, so finding out I needed another op was quite shocking. As for the day surgery, before discharge I was given a 'script for a med I'm allergic to - and they just barely caught the doctor before he left the building. So luckily I got a Rx for an acceptable med but the nurses told me that if they hadn't found Dr. Chan, I would have been out of luck for adequate pain relief. Overall, it's been a learning experience. If anything, my quibble is with the office assistant who can be less than helpful when you have questions. Yes, she has gone out of her way to help me a few times, but she's equally caused problems by not returning calls. BUT don't let that scare you off! Dr. Chan DID answer my questions and surgery outcomes were as discussed (and he visited me in hospital the day before both in-patient ops). PS And I should mentioned that stent removals were a breeze. They were performed in hospital and took two minutes. The procedure went as he'd described and did not hurt at all. People try and scare you with what they've experienced or just read, but most times you'll feel nothing.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016