Ratings for Dr. Angela Cheung

I can't believe these reviews are for Dr. Angela Cheung of the Tor. Gen. Hosp! I have been her patient since 2013 re two atypical femurs (Fosamax caused) and she is incredible! Without her expertise and care I would have been in a nursing home in a wheelchair. I have only high praise for this doctor and her staff!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr Angela Cheung gives me an uneasy feeling as to her knowledge level on my issue and when you ask questions she seems somewhat vague with her answers.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Two appointments with her and 45 min and 90 min late. Was not prepared at all with follow up test results. My wife had more info for her. I had terrible side effects from the medication she prescribed to me. In fact the med she prescribed she called to my pharmacy after my 1st appt with her was the one she said she did NOT like to prescribe . She was not going to follow up with me for 4 months after calling me in this prescription. I called her office to let her know my condition was worsening and did receive a message that Dr Cheung was away and not available for 6 weeks. I was told to have my 2 week lab work done and I should feel better. 3 weeks into Meds I was 10lbs lighter after already losing a previous 30lbs so I called her office again to let them know. I did receive a call next day from the Dr on call and she was very concerned of my condition . Dr on call said she would make sure to have Dr cheungs staff call to have me back into office as soon as she as back. Hence second visit 6 weeks later and another 10lbs lost! Dr Cheung had no idea what had gone on with my adverse reaction to the med prescribed by her or my 3 visits to lab results or the other specialists that were involved with my treatment. She should not be seeing human beings!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

She never explained why she is pushing a new drug on me. The cost of new drug was 4 times the previous. She also never provided the side effects of this drug. She must have vested interest in prescribing this medication. Another corrupt at UHN

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

DR.Angela Cheung prescribes medication to the patients which has not been in market enough. (May be she has to experiment for The drug companys). She does not explain the side effect of the drug. I was pushed and misled by her to use PROLIA injection which unfortunately causes higher re-currence of Breast Cancer (based on micromedex). This was true in my case. This is not acceptable practice. I do not care if she has ten publications about osthroprosis. The important ethical part of this doctor is missing. Furthermore, on one occassion,She relied on her nurse to do the neurolgical test!! and based on incorrect information completed by her nurse, she wrote her medical report to other doctors.She prescribed a totally unsuitable medication to me which has not even been long enough in market in Canada. She used me as a lab rat or G. pig and for that I never forgive her.Unfortunately her bad practice cost me a lot.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012