Ratings for Dr. Pooneh Seyed Akhavan

She is good till a point but always in a rush and don't seem to follow what she says I would say choose another dr

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

Dr Akhavan is an amazing doctor, she truly cares about her patients. Both my parents see her and they are both very happy with her care. She ordered tests for my dad that were supposed to be done by his family physician. I wish we had more doctors like her. She goes above and beyond to help her patients.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

She is just great. The staff at the facility where she works were just great. One of the best internal medicine doctors that I've visited - TRULY TRULY TRULY works with you until a suitable treatment plan is found.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

This doctor was distracted. Tests that were to have been done were not. She has residents at Mount Sinai domuch of her work then pops in. In general, I do not think she believed I was in such distress. It took much badgering for an MRI, which revealed a lesion.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Very knowledgeable physician, excellent bedside manners, caring and efficient. Truly lucky to be under her care!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Godsend of a doctor with equally wonderful staff-Bibi. Very caring and treat you like a person!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

She is good but when I go she is always in a rush now I don't need a Dr like that take time to listen and let the patient speak but thoughts of things every tyme I go there I get no respect and I personally am asking for another Dr who will let me talk without rushing me out

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I was diagnosed with arthritis in my twenties and have been fairly asymptomatic for the majority of my life. When my condition changed and my symptoms worsened my previous rheumatologist dismissed my condition. He recommended NSAIDs and felt that I was wasting his time despite my significant symptoms and an inability to work. Please understand that my previous rheumatologist is not a bad practitioner and had my best interests at heart. Unfortunately the mindset is that if your condition is not as significant as the cases they typically see, you tend to be dismissed. After struggling with the medical system thankfully a practitioner recommended the early arthritis clinic and it changed my life. Dr. Akhavan is a godsend. My life changed the day I met her. I am pain free, haven't missed a day of work and enjoying my life. I only wish I found her sooner. She is amazing. It was a long wait to attend the clinic but worth it. Hopefully someone reads this review and it helps them.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I don't have any experience with any other rheumatologists, but Dr. Akhavan has taken such good care of me these past 7 years since my diagnosis. I am sad that moving from Toronto means leaving her, but I feel incredibly fortunate to have been under her care for so long. She and her staff are all so kind and welcoming, not to mention she has done a tremendous job in getting my disease under control. Her, Bibi (her receptionist), and Jane (her nurse) have honestly grown to feel like family to me. I can't sing my praises loud enough!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Best of the best in every way. I travel 2 hours each way for appointments and I'm fine with that.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017