Ratings for Dr. Aaron Nauth

Dr. Nauth performed my shoulder surgery September 1st 2016 for instability and torn labrum. He is one of the best and his team is amazing. He called me the day after my surgery and has taken good care of me post op till this day as I developed post op frozen shoulder which is very painful! I have received 2 cortisone injection to help me work through this FS and thank god because it gives you so much pain relief! He has always been kind, caring and a good listener at all my follow up apts and his team is the same! I am very grateful for all his help as I have to travel 8hrs drive from Timmins. He is extremely busy but again one of the best!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

A smart guy for sure but be prepared to work to get your conditions recognized as he is generally not nice and extremely unemphathetic. Typical bad bedside manner doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

The guy is a superstar. Called me up on a weekend morning to see how i was feeling the day after my surgery. Great team. Very upbeat and efficient.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I had my surgery with dr Nauth and everything went perfect.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

On July 27th 2012 I was in an accident falling from the 8th floor of my apartment in Midland Ontario and was airlifted to St Michael's. Dr Aaron Nauth performed the majority of surgeries required to put me back together and did an excellent job in my opinion, he continued to do great work in my follow up opponents removing some of the metal the was used to hold me together in a timely fashion. Incredible doctor!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I saw him in connection with a knee joint problem, but I was VERY disappointed with both his bedside manner and knowledge. This doctor MADE FUN of me for having so many painful conditions involving the foot and knee. He definitely lacks empathy. He also did not examine me thoroughly and simply glanced at the MRI, and instead of recommending surgery to correct the problem, he insisted I continue to do physiotherapy and, in his words, "MANAGE THE PAIN". He also refused to refer me to another surgeon in connection with another problem I have with my foot. Overall, the most horrible visit I have had with a doctor as the way he ridiculed me for having so many problems at a young age constitutes emotional abuse. I was lucky to find another surgeon who identified the problem and ordered surgery.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Nauth is an amazing orthopaedic surgeon. I was transferred to his care after an acetabular fracture because my local orthopaedic surgeon could not perform this complicated surgery. Dr. Nauth accepted me as a patient and performed my surgery within 4 days of my accident. St. Michael's is an old hospital, right in heart of downtown Toronto, and I felt really nervous seeing how old the hospital was if this was the right place for my surgery. However, meeting Dr. Nauth and his team was all I needed to put my confidence in this doctor. They were knowledgable, took the time to explain the surgery to me and made me feel at ease with the procedure they would perform. Most of the surgical team also visited me post-surgery to follow up on my recovery. 6 weeks post-surgery, and I am healing amazingly well and now starting full weight bearing physiotherapy to get back to walking unassisted. I was also nervous about having a large incision on my upper thigh/buttock area, but after seeing my local surgeon and quite a few nurses I am told that my incision scar is one of the best they have seen and after 6 weeks it is already starting to fade into my skin. I highly recommend Dr. Nauth if you need an orthopedic surgeon, not only is he extremely knowledgable, he has a passion for what he does and for his patients. The fracture clinic follow up appointments are also amazingly on time!!!! I am very thankful he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr Nauth at St Michael's. I tore my ACL and meniscus playing soccer and he was able to diagnose the ACL tear using his advanced knowledge prior to my MRI at the first consultation, using his expert diagnosis tests. Dr Nauth performed an ACL reconstruction in my knee using a hamstring graft, and partially removed the meniscus. I experienced severe post operative pain and we called his office for advice. He returned the call shortly after which was appreciated. As other's have said don't expect a fireside chat given the demands of a public health service, but his knowledge is first rate and the knee is rock solid now. Surgery was in Jan 2016, I was back playing soccer 6 months later in June. You are in very safe hands with Dr Nauth, but do your research on opting for a hamstring or patellar tendon graft if you're getting an ACL reconstruction, Dr Nauth prefers patellar grafts but I asked for hamstring given knee tendonitis.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Hey is a good surgeon for knee arthroscopy but he can't handle complaints.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Having fallen down from motorcycle I had a very bad multiple fracture right under my knee. The operation took about 4 hours in St.Michael's Hospital. Dr. Aaron Nauth didn't talk much, but, in my honest opinion, did the job well. I'm relly mpressed and grateful to him and his team.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016