Ratings for Dr. Peter Robbins

Dr. Robbins has been our family doctor since Dr. Harold Wight retired and Dr. Robbins took over his practice. Our entire family absolutely love Dr. Robbins! Our children were all in their early to late teens when we began seeing him and he is now even treating our children's spouses and our first grand-son. Dr. Robbins is what I would call a good old fashioned doctor...meaning he is the type of doctor who actually takes the time to get to know his patients and will always ask our kids how my husband and I are doing when they need to visit him and ask us how the kids are doing when we visit. He never rushes you through an appointment and will always have a little laugh with you over some joke or funny comment you may make. He is so very kind and down to earth and is so very sensitive to your needs. Dr. Robbins is extremely knowledgeable but he doesn't take chances with something that he feels is in need of a more specialized care than he can give and will not hesitate to send you to a specialist. He will even take the time to call a specialist personally to try to get you in as fast as he can if he feels your medical issue is urgent. In my humble opinion, Dr. Peter Robbins is one of the best family practitioners in St. John's, if not THE best. Dr. Robbins receptionist Lisa is a sweetheart and while she can be tough, she is always fair when dealing with people. Lisa will be the first to say it as it is, shall we say, but she is the type of front line person I would absolutely want working for me, hands down! I would highly recommend Dr. Peter Robbins to anyone who is looking for a family practitioner! I feel so very lucky to have him as my family's doctor and trust him 100% with my family's health care.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Best in town. Never has an issue. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Great staff too. No complaints.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Does not show concern for other peoples time committments and spends too much time chatting

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

So lucky to have him as my GP. Dr. Robbins is very knowledgable and takes the time needed to discuss issues and treatment plans. Very warm and friendly personality as well.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr Robbins has been my moms doctor for many years. He is extremely kind and so patient with her. My mom has altzeimers and Dr Robbins has seen her throigh all the roigh times with the utmost respect. He always takes the time to make her feel relaxed and comfortable and jokes around with her. He can always get a smile out of her even when shes in a lot of pain. His receptionist Lisa is fantastic too. She always goes the extra mile and is very kind and understanding.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Robbins is the only doctor I feel comfortable with. He's compassionate and understanding, and he truly cares about his clients. He remembers the little things about me and my family, and never makes me feel rushed, even when I'm the last patient for the day. Sometimes getting appointments can be a bit tricky due to the office hours (they close for lunch from 12-1 and sometimes don't take the machine off for a while), so it's best to call around 10-11am, but he's worth the hassle.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Robbins for a number of years know and have always found him professional, interested, a great listener and very very knowledgeable. His is very patient in listening to you an, spot on in his diagnosis and great with his remedies. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

very nice doctor.never rushes me out of the clinic.understanding and very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012