Ratings for Dr. Rafay S. Mehdi

expect to spend 3 hrs every time you have an appointment. they will not answer the phone in the morning until after 10am or after lunch until 2pm. I have been a patient for 10 yrs, ty Masshealth, and have seen Dr Mehdi himself 3x. the nurse practitioners are both dismissive and oddly personal. they write scripts before you can speak and then send you for unnecessary blood work, or to a specialist. you'll be asked to come in for another 3 hr appt to discuss test results to be told you're fine or that you need a specialist to whom you've already been. your referrals will never be processed, your refills never called in w/o another 3hr appt. all in all the worst run practice I've seen and if there was just 1 other dr in my area, I'd be out the door. if you love to wait 3 hrs to be seen for under 5 minutes, this is the place for you. also, there is no hand washing which doesnt matter b/c I've only ever had my bp checked. no ears, nose or throat. no listening to lungs, nothing.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I first saw Dr Mehdi in Boston at one of the Harvard hospitals 20 years ago. Then I was 18 going to 19. Today I am 38 and I feel better then I was 18. Dr Mehdi's wisdom, his true desire to care for me, be always there for me, give me complicated scientific medical information in simple understandable folksy style, his ability to connect to me and bring both holistic and western medicine on one platform to help me fix my problems has been an incredible journey. Dr Mehdi is not only my life coach, my friend, my family and my Doctor but also Doctor of my family, my friends, my coworkers and my neighbors. Recently my sister who is a well known producer in Hollywood flew from LA to get second opinion from Dr Mehdi. My sister said in an interview that meeting Dr Mehdi was transformational on so many dimensions. She and her friends now routinely consult Dr Mehdi. Thank You Dr Mehdi and Love you for what you have done for me personally and for my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Terrible. My father in assisted living could not get wound care attended to for over TEN days because this office and doctor who touts "call my cell" would not call back. I could write pages of examples, but this was the most horrific & final straw. Horrible excuse for a doctor. Save your time & sanity & keep searching

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr Mehdi is a blessing from heaven above. Knowledgeable, spiritual, mystical and always available. Dr Mehdi you should write a book " What they don't teach at Harvard Medical Schools". I am so happy that your daughter has decided to go in medicine. God Bless You Dr M and your family. You saved my health my marriage and my peace of mind. Five stars to you!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Best Doctor EVER!!!! Dr Mehdi is an exceptional doctor. He was my doctor at New England Baptist Hospital. I was in ICU and Dr Mehdi brought me back to life. Worked all night to keep me alive.very few leave ICU in the condition I was. He gave me hope. Hope to live and go back to life. 15 years later I am alive healthy, successful business and personal life. As my Primary Care Doc. Dr M gave me 7 principles to live my life . I attribute my excellent health business and family life due to Dr Mehdi's advice and guidance. Dr Mehdi I cannot wait my for kids to be old enough so you can be there Doctor. Dr Mehdi is the only Doctor in Boston that gave out his cell number even 15,20 years ago when it was unheard off. Dr Mehdi' wisdom up-to-date medical knowledge mysticism and spiritual healing all in one makes himthe best kept secret of Boston. Few words about Dr Mehdi's staff. Courteous, warm, prompt, folksy, and not uptight and stressed like other Doctor's office. God bless Dr Rafay Mehdi and God Bless Dr Mehdi' staff.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Dr Rafay Mehdi is the best kept secret. I have been coming to his office since 2003. Since then my whole family including my friends and coworkers come to Dr Mehdi. It is because of this Doctor I am alive. When no one good diagnosed my illness he did. I lost 125 pounds. His simple techniques and very special way of hypnotizing me help me loose 125 pounds in one year. All these rude comments from others are from drug seekers who could not get fix. Mass Health and cheap insurance carrying patients tend to be rude and accusatory. I work for insurance company and know first hand. Dr Mehdi is the best kept secret of Boston and may God bless him and his family

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I have gone to this dr for a few years now what a mistake. I have never waited for less than an hour and a half and have never been seen for more than 5 minutes. In my first trimester of pregnancy I came in for a rash on my stomach. The female dr told me it was chicken pox. I told her that I've had chicken pox in the past and showed her a picture on my phone to compare (it looked nothing like chicken pox). She insisted that it was and said my child would more than likely have birth defects!! Dr. Medhi called me a week later to "let me know I was pregnant". I went to another dr in the meantime who helped me with the rash. What a nightmare. That was the last straw for me.

Submitted December 8, 2014

I will not be going back to this practice. It was my first visit and it will be my last. I had an 11:15 appointment and didn't even get into a room until 11:50. Once in a room I was told to put a Johnny on and never once was apologized to for the wait. Once in the room I proceeded to wait until 12:35 to have a female doctor I don't even know the name of, come in and call me a baby, going on and on about how you I am and that I don't need a physical, I LOOK healthy.. She checked my blood pressure and said i could get blood work if I wanted but I don't need a physical because they usually do that between the ages of 20-29. Then she told me the lab was closed now and that I could come back another time. Maybe if I had been seen at the time my appointment was for, the lab would have been open! Overall terrible experience and do not recommend anyone to go there.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

i have never seen anything like this place. first off, the assistant at the front was extremely rude!! second, the wait is always 1 1/2 hrs and another hr in the room before you are seen. third, if im comming in to talk to a dr i expect him to be helpful. not make me feel worse and tell him it isnt his specialty n to go elsewhere & good luck finding answers. not your specialty?! are you a doctor or a nurses aid!? but most of all- as we were in mid conversation, we were inturrupted by a staff member to alert him that he had givin the lady before me medication tht she is allergic to. not only is that horrifying but why the heck was i even able to hear that!? not one good thing about that place. run away and run away fast!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

This place rocks! Their staff is amazing and doctor is outstanding! Doctor Mehdi has an amazing family, and the only reason he left for a bit was to visit his sick mother in Pakistan. His wife is a famous international recording artist and I have watched his daughter grow up from a sweet little cutie to one of the most mature teenagers I know. I truly don't understand all the bad reviews, with Dr. Mehdi's advice I lost 100 lbs. with his simple techniques. I was extremely overweight before but I have progressed so far with Dr. Mehdi's help. He also managed to save my marriage with my wife and we are as happy as ever. It is worth every penny. Moving to PPC was the best decision I have ever made. I highly recommend it!!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

Dr. Rafay S. Mehdi's Credentials

• Zaporozskij Med Inst, Zaporoz'E, Ukraine (Grad. 1985)

Delta Dental