Ratings for Dr. Mary F. Bergum

I have always felt that I received reasonably good care from Dr Bergum until recently. Her office staff seems less than professional, and she has been very slow on refilling prescriptions to the pharmacy. I have even had her forget for several weeks until I contact her myself. I think that this may be due to the lack of organization in the office. I think that I may start looking for another doctor, which is really a shame because I like her style and willingness to research things.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Love this Dr and her staff. I don't expect my Dr to automatically know everything..but I do want them to research it out they don't. She does this! Spends plenty of time communicating with me while I'm there, so she gets the whole picture loud what it's going on. I don't feel like a number coming through a revolving door. She and her staff seem a bit untraditional, but she is current, knowledgeable, and engaged. My kind of Dr!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

VERY impressed and I know my biochemistry and basic medical info. She was knowledgeable, very personable and easy to talk with. She took a long time with me and understands my unique needs. One of the best I have encountered and I (with informed confidence)plan to continue under her care. So refreshing to see true pro-active and gifted caregivers in the field!!! :)

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Love my Doctor, very kind and understanding. Always knowing what our family needs are and is willing to help out. She gets us in a timely matter. I have recommened her to many friends and co workers. They also love her

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Was 30 minutes late taking me back for my appointment because she was speaking with pharmaceutical reps. Provided me contradictory directions on how to take the prescription she was providing me; first advising that I could take as needed and then advising it should be taken daily. Seemed surprised when I wanted to pursue a cause of my problem rather than medicate the symptoms.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr Bergum shows consideration and care far beyond the level of any care my large family has ever received. She gives excellent individualized attention to you when you are in her office and truly leaves you feeling that she cares about you deeply. Her office is a bit untraditional but that adds to the homey and comfortable atmosphere you receive from Dr. Bergum.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Bergum is one of the most UNKNOWELDEGEABLE doctors I have ever seen. She has the same medical disease as I do, Hashimoto's and seems comfortable being obese. She acted like she had more brain fog than I did. She didn't know that Unithroid is a thyroid replacement hormone and wondered what I was taking it for?? RED FLAG! She would only test TSH, prescribe Synthroid, and believed RAI is the treatment of choice for hypothyroidism. Then it took her twenty minutes of talking to herself and looking up the names of the tests to test me for Hypopituitarism. She also gave me a pap test and she got so frustrated because I have an irregular shaped cervix. Needless to say I had to go to a GYN. She ordered the wrong tests pituitary tests and I never went back to pay for more imprudence. Also, the reception area people are quite unpleasant and needed some overdue instruction in patient privacy rights/laws.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Did not fill my regular prescriptions in a timely manner which caused my BP to increase to dangerous readings. This phyician placed me at risk medically

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

This Doctor is wonderful! She takes time to talk to you as a person. I was never treated in a quick harsh matter. She listened to all my concerns and even took my input into consideration when it came to my medical car. She is far from rude. Her nurse is just as good, although I can see how she can come across rude. However, I REALLY like her nurse. I think it's just that she gets busy. Honestly though, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Mary Bergum. We recently moved 300 miles away and I wish I could drive to Spokane to see her. I've recommended several friends to her and they all feel the same.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2006

Dr. Bergum is the worst doctor I have ever seen. She is unprofessional and rude. Her nurse anounced my health condition in a busy hallway and i am seriously considering action

flag | Submitted August 25, 2006

Dr. Mary F. Bergum's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• Blue Cross Of California