Ratings for Dr. Philip L. Monroe

I have been a patient of his for years, and my experience has been very positive... until my most recent visit when it came out that I am gay. Immediately his whole body language changed, he became distant and rushed through the rest of the visit, avoiding eye contact. The nurses and staff are all great, but I am switching doctors. I need someone who cares about my health and doesn't let his religious feelings interfere with his practice!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

He was extremely kind. One of the nicest doctors I have seen. He was knowledable about the medication I take, even though it is not a common medication. He helped me with what I needed. The support staff was gentle. Even the office was inviting. I definitely recommend Dr. Billings.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr. Monroe has cared for my aging parents for many years. He is absolutely the most caring and kind physician around. I wish there were more like him as it's difficult to find physician's willing to see new Medicare patients due to it's low reimbursment. He truly cares about patients and their families.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Monroe as my physcian. He has always been very professional and he really cares about his patients as people, not just another $.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

GOOD DOCTOR. SEEMS MORE CONCERNED WITH HOW MUCH MONEY HE WILL MAKE ON A VISIT. LOOKED AT HIS WATCH SEVERAL TIMES. OTHER THAN THAT, HE WAS HELPFUL

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

He has been my doctor since I was 14, I am now 40. I see him, my children see him and we all think of him as a member of our family, not just our doctor. He is wonderful and his Christian ethics are evident in all he does. I recommend him without hesitation and feel that he is the most compassionate person I have ever met!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

Dr. Monroe has been my doctor since I was a baby. He is now my children's doctor and we are lucky to have him. He is caring and helpful as is his staff.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2006

Very good doctor. Very friendly. Wish everyone had a doctor like him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2006

Dr. Monroe is the most caring and professional doctor i have come acrossed

flag | Submitted August 25, 2006

Dr. Philip L. Monroe's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal