Ratings for Dr. Donald E. Pichler

Dr Pichler is very rude. Not to mention that he treats his front office staff very disrespectful I don't believe his office manager even shows up to work because you could call everyday and told she's not in. I had left 10 messages for her and never received a call back

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr Pichler is old medicine. His new partner is young, open minded and very caring. I too received a billing for an office visit of 45 minutes,(that's how long I had to wait to see him after my appointment time). I too reported this to my insurance company, because he barely spent 15 minutes with me! I hope my insurance company looks into this dishonest billing, but I read the other review and I am sure a red flag is in accordance with his billing practices. I attempted to get a hold of the office manager about this but she never seemed to be in the office or if she was didn't return my messages. When Dr Pichler came into the room,, he was very rushed, sweating profusely, out of breathe and all I got was a referral that turned out to have normal results yet cost me due to my new healthcare plan. His front office staff is nice but he has a nurse that is so loud and obnoxious to the point of annoyance. I do have to say they have a nurse whose name is Rosie and she is so welcoming and attending. On one occasion, I saw Dr Blackstens, who is so awesome. She took the time to listen and exhibited caring about my problem, unlike Dr Pichler who didn't even take the time to listen to me, he always interrupted and I felt as though it was his way or the highway. I believe that he needs to retire because his "bedside manner" is a big zero!, and his billing practices need to be looked into. I have never had a problem with this issue before, is he so desperate for money to bill my insurance incorrectly? It is in the hands of the insurance company now because it is wrong what they billed my insurance for. After all the years I have been seeing Dr Pichler, I have become very disappointed

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

i have been a patient for 15 years, but he has been costing me quite a bit of money lately. I know he is just a PCP whose primary function is to refer, but all my referrals have been senseless lately because my results have been normal. I know better safe than sorry, but all he does is referrals and it becomes quite costly becaus of my new plan. My last three bills lately had an extended visits stating he saw me for over 45 minutes. I didn't even spend 20 minutes with him. I had to call my insurance to report this.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Dr. Pichler has the worst beside manner ever. He demands that you listen to him instead of him listen to you. He has clearly lost touch that he is the provider of healthcare to his patients. He's rude, interrupts and is very condescending. I can't imagine he's anything that anybody would want in a doctor. Don't waste your time with this man.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

My daughter and I have been going to Dr. Pichler for years and we cannot rave enough about the care we have received. He is always willing to listen, prescribes exactly what is needed, is extremely knowledgeable. He knows that we are both attorneys and is very sensitive to the demands of our jobs. We think we have the best doctor in town!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I read the below comment and had to laugh and out loud. Dr. Pichler doesn't waste time with people, this is the only true part of their statement. Some can handle it, some can't. For instance, If you come in coughing at an age where you should know smoking is bad for you and you're telling him you need a prescription for cough syrup with codeine and anti-biotic but you're stupid butt is still smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, expect the wrath of God and the advice to quit smoking! I have seen him help exit a patient after repeated conversations with her about smoking and her asthma. (No broken Dr patient, she's a friend I referred) He does get disgusted when people come in who don't take reasonable steps to keep their overall general health in check. He believes in tough love or tough but sound medical advice. Some more sound advice, if you're bringing your kid in for constant illness and he's fat, be ready for a verbal awakening. You are the problem, you are buying the food and allowing the TV and Video game time instead of the exercise and nutrition the child should be entitled to have. I gained weight and have a back issue, his sound advice, "Get up and walk every hour but not to the kitchen, you're getting fat". I said, "Yes sir will do." I left with at script for muscle relaxers, advice on pain control, a plan to follow the orders and the suggestion I didn't want to hear but was true. I got home, I got active, I went back to work, I walked and stretched hourly, I lost weight, I felt better and moved more and felt better and got stronger and so on. See, he's earned the right and privilege of choosing his patients. I've been one for 30 years since I left the pediatrician. When this ingrate below and hopefully ex-patient didn't get coddled, they launched into setting their scene with words they had to have looked up to use properly in a sentence I'm sure. Either that or their own inflated ego didn't allow room for their self diagnosis and contradictory treatment plan from the Dr. "If readers can imagine a corpulent, ex-military curmudgeon, waddling around a dimly lit office," that is a riot! These are not the 1900's in some back alley clinic in England freak! You're crazy with a capitol C and I can see him saying to himself that you're business isn't worth the aggravation. Mr. or Ms. Anonymous has had it's feelers hurt by a Dr. that didn't want to play the "my knee hurts, give my Oxy game!" That' the truth about this pathetic excuse for a human being. Dr. Pichler is ex military and your widdle knee pain is NOTHING compared to what many of his patients have endured. I'm sure he gave you instructions that included you getting off your butt and doing rehab and if you didn't want to, find another Dr. to give you drugs! You might be more credible if you hadn't slammed everyone and everything down to the condition of the NE Heights office. Dimly lit my butt!That's absurd and the man doesn't waddle. He's confident and extremely experienced as well as being a Patriot and a hero, a real life hero who tended to our country's wounded! Shame on you for your attack on this man's credibility and ability to sum you up without reading your binder of boo boo's since 3rd grade. You slam the staff, his punctuality (he is ex-military, you expect "readers" to believe that?) I have never waited more that 15 minutes for him in 30 years! Helpfulness and knowledge a 1 as well? If you know what's best, why are you in his office unless it's to troll for DRUGS?! Go to an Orthopedic Specialist who will x-ray you and send you to rehab and tell you to take Tylenol for the pain and walk just like I'll bet Dr. Pichler probably advised. Everyone is indeed entitled to an opinion just like they are to change Dr's or get a second opinion. You do not have the right to make assumptions, lie, discredit and slander a mans good name. This person is launching personal attacks and making wildly inappropriate assumptions like "he's obviously very unhealthy?! I think I know how your knee was "injured" sweetie, probably when someone who has to deal with you daily put you over their knee and gave you the spanking you so badly needed. It didn't work, maybe they need to use a belt next time. You be sure of this instead of how Dr. Donald Pichler with be remembered. Be very confident that you will not remembered at all. If I had to bet, you will be dumped from a moving vehicle outside a hospice someday never to be seen again when you can't wipe your own butt anymore! Karma

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Dr. Pichler is the worst doctor I've ever seen. I will never go back to his office. Similar to other patients who have commented on this site, my experiences have always found Pichler to be rushed, rude, inappropriate and pretentious. My last visit primarily involved him saying "I'll be the judge of that" repeatedly, and ended with him threatening to log my records and to never see me again, because I kept asking questions about his plan to treat my knee injury. He didn't listen to me, did his examination and scrawled out a treatment plan, as if I were a product in a factory. This man is clearly jaded, and ostensibly very unhealthy. If readers can imagine a corpulent, ex-military curmudgeon, waddling around a dimly lit office, whose control issues permeate his entirely miserable existence, you've imagined Dr. Donald Pichler. Soon, I'm sure he'll be ushered into irrelevance among the doctors in Albuquerque by way of his dissatisfied patients.

Submitted April 9, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Pichler for years and he always knows how to treat me when i go in when i'm sick. Now my husband goes to him and really likes him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

He's thorough, careful and his staff set up additional appointments with other specialists for me. I think he is a good family doctor and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

HAS HELPED MY FAMILY - CAUGHT MY DAD'S CANCER EARLY ON A GOOD PERSON

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Dr. Donald E. Pichler's Credentials

• Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Albuquerque Nm 87131 (Grad. 1976)