Ratings for Dr. Ara J. Deukmedjian

Dr. Deuk is one of a kind. I have never trusted a doctor or surgeon more than I trust him. I was told by two other surgeons that my only option was to have a fusion to relive my pain. Dr. Deuk examined me and read my MRI and told me that I did not need a fusion, but that laser surgery would alleviate my pain. I was so relieved that I did not have to undergo a fusion and that I could do this minimally invasive procedure to fix my pain. Let me tell you, it has been 7 weeks since my laser disc repair and I have 0 pain. I am like a new person! I am so thankful I chose to see Dr. Deuk and did not move forward with the other surgery!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I have gone to see doctors about my neck discs for the past 20 years. They pretty much told me the same thing as Dr. Deukmedjian. I needed too have surgery. Dr. Deuk was referred to us by several of his previous patients. I had a cervical fusion and have lost no mobility and no longer in pain. I am now able to do the things i was no longer able to do. I would definitely recommending Dr. Deukmedjian, he gave me my life back and i am very grateful.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I am finally pain-free thank you Dr. Deuk's surgery. The staff that was also A in my books from the time I first visited the facility all the way through surgery. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Deuk if you are seeking professional help for back and neck pain. He is very knowledgeable and answered all my questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Duek Spine institute has been a life saver for me. I cannot thank Dr. Deuk, Dr. Katukuri, Augusto and the whole staff enough. I have lived witn neck pain for the last 10 years and only recently have I received relief after visiting Deuk Spine and all the wonderful doctors there!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

For once in my life I am pain free. I have had back pain for 15 years and tried everything to relieve my pain and became dependent on pain meds. I recently had my back surgery and I feel so great. I have 95% pain relief. It's amazing!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I can't begin to explain what Dr. Deuk has meant to me. As much as he is my doctor, he is my friend. I have never ever met a doctor with which i have had so much admiration and respect. And it's not just me, ask any of his patients. His primary assistant, Augusto Cianciabella is equally as kind and caring. You need not take my word. Schedule a visit with Dr. Deuk and Augusto, tour his facility, and surgery center. I am confident there will be no further debate.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I am doing so much better after my surgery! Dr. Duek is an excellent surgeon and made me feel so comfortable about my procedure. He explained everything in detail in a way that I could understand. I feel so thankful for finding him!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. D has been a lifesaver for me. I suffered from neck pain for over 3 years. Most doctors wanted to fuse my neck but he gave me the alternative to fixing my neck with laser disc repair. I no longer have numbness and shooting pain down my arms. I could not believe the difference- i have 100% relief! Please go see Dr Deuk.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Deuk was very honest with me about my condition from the first appointment....i was told by another surgeon i need surgery right away. dr. deuk wanted me to try conservative treatment first and i am so glad i did. i am only 43 years old. i saw dr patel for injections and i have been out of pain for over a year. i still have check ups with dr deuk and he said it's possible down the road i might need surgery but for now continue managing my pain with shots. i love how honest he is and not eager to cut on my back when something else works.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Ara J. Deukmedjian's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ara Jason Deukmedjian, known by his patients and colleagues as Dr. Deuk, is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and is the founder of Deuk Spine Institute. He is fellowship trained with a focus on spine care and neuro-spine surgery. In addition to his work at Deuk Spine Institute, Dr. Deuk is CEO of Surgery Center of Viera, serves as associate professor of neurosurgery at the University of Central Florida's College of Medicine, is Chief of Staff at Parrish Medical Center, and Past President of the Brevard County Medical Society

• English

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• Surgery Department Chair, Parrish Medical Center

Multiplan
Veterans Administration
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot thank Dr. Deuk and the wonderful staff at Deuk Spine and Surgery Center enough! I am pain free after have neck pain for over 10 years. "

May 3, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have gone to see doctors about my neck discs for the past 20 years. They pretty much told me the same thing as Dr. Deukmedjian. I needed too have surgery. Dr...."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am finally pain-free thank you Dr. Deuk's surgery. The staff that was also A in my books from the time I first visited the facility all the way through surger..."

March 4, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Duek Spine institute has been a life saver for me. I cannot thank Dr. Deuk, Dr. Katukuri, Augusto and the whole staff enough. I have lived witn neck pain for th..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For once in my life I am pain free. I have had back pain for 15 years and tried everything to relieve my pain and became dependent on pain meds. I recently had ..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't begin to explain what Dr. Deuk has meant to me. As much as he is my doctor, he is my friend. I have never ever met a doctor with which i have had so muc..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am doing so much better after my surgery! Dr. Duek is an excellent surgeon and made me feel so comfortable about my procedure. He explained everything in deta..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. D has been a lifesaver for me. I suffered from neck pain for over 3 years. Most doctors wanted to fuse my neck but he gave me the alternative to fixing my n..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Deuk was very honest with me about my condition from the first appointment....i was told by another surgeon i need surgery right away. dr. deuk wanted me to..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I visited Deuk Spine for the first time in early 2015. I had been suffering for years with neck and arm pain. I did injections and physical thereapy but nothing..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Deukmedjian did my surgery about 3 months ago and I waited to post my review of him until I was sure that the relief I had the day after surgery would last...."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR BELONGS IN PRISON FOR WHAT HE DONE TO MY WIFE , HE PERFORMED SURGERY ON MY WIFE'S BACK AND PUT TWO SCREWS RIGHT INTO HER NERVE AND SHE CAN..."

December 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My life was miserable for several years because of back and leg pain. I saw various doctors locally and overseas. No one was able to help me. Living with pain l..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Deukmedjian and the staff at Deuk Spine are truly special people. I cannot thank them enough for their kindness and attention when I needed it most. Dr Deuk..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Deuk is one of a kind. I have never trusted a doctor or surgeon more than I trust him. I was told by two other surgeons that my only option was to have a f..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On November 11th, I had my ACDF neck surgery. I woke up with no pain in my arms and the numbness is gone. It is the first time in 5 months I haven't had a heada..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot imagine where I would be without the expertise of Dr. Deuk. I had lived for years with chronic lower back pain and suffered in all aspects of my life. ..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My neck operation was fully explained as for what to expect. They found the most effective solution and it worked. Here is to you and your staff"

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katukuri is the best doctor I have ever seen. I was shown so much compassion and everyone worked so hard to help me. I now have "An Angel on My Shoulder". ..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This place is fantastic. I saw Dr. Deuk initially and he told me I didn't need surgery, when 3 other places said I did need it. I saw Dr. Patel for injections a..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would like to thank you for relieving me of the back pain I have suffered for many years throughout my Navy career and after. Even with hospitalizations, my c..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I want to thank you for making your wonderful laser procedure available to me in order to fix my herniated cervical discs. It has been 4 years and I still feel ..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I worked at duek spine . They have a marketing director who sits at his desk all day and makes up positive reviews to get patients in. Seriously what kind of D..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Deuk saw me on short notice which was amazing. I really appreciated and valued his professional opinion and I am now in the follow up stages. His staff is g..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Without surgery I would have continued to self medicate and ignore life around me. Dr. Deuk gave me my life back"

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Neurosurgeon. The best in the business, hands down. Great with Work Comp and warranty for the work"

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am writing this because of the help Dr. Deukmedjian has given me. Over the last several years I have sought help for my sever back and leg pain. I feel like I..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "You did a tremendous job with the surgery on my back. After 16 years of back pain there is such a difference. I am so much better. Once again, thank you. Bill W..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been 6 wks since surgery with dr duke and the only thing i would change is that i shouldn't have waited so long. I feel great"

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to two laser institutes in tampa and was not impressed. I had a procedure done in '02 at lsi that failed miserably. I found Dr. Deuk through a family fri..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First and foremost, thank you all for literally saving my life! I truly believe that without every person on the team, especially you Dr. Deukmedjian, I would n..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is now almost 4 years since I had 3 sections of my neck fused by you. You took my UHC plan and I wanted to let you know I am doing fine. Before the surgery I..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am truly grateful to you for healing my neck. I had dealt with pain for 3 and a half years from herniated discs, bone spurs and a pinched nerve. I was told th..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ara J. Deukmedjian M.D. by Bert Roberts Some men seek high status And some the limelight and fame Some proudly strut across the stage of life Loudly proclai..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family and I would like to thank Dr. Deuk and his staff for eliminating my 5-year back pain. I've seen many doctors in many different states with no progres..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife and I want to thank Dr. Ara Deukmedjian and his staff for saving my life. We want to thank you for your tremendous skill in performing my fusion of C3-4..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you for relieving the pain in my back that has plagued me since 1981. I have missed out on so many things due to the pain, I got tired of lying in bed or ..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Deuk, I want to thank you and your staff for your expertise. I told you I would post raving reviews of your service and how you saved my life. Your institu..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I came in to see Dr. Deuk I was in REALLY BAD SHAPE, PAIN, Weakness and Depression consumed me. After meeting with Dr Deuk he assured me he could take care..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i suffered for yrs with back pain. I had my lumbar fused and less than a week i was pain free. thank you - mike"

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in severe pain with almost no feeling in my left leg. The best feeling in the world was as I left the building after surgery my leg was no longer numb. I ..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Deuk has been wonderful. My back pain has bothered me for years. I dealt with sciatica and pain and numbness down the leg all the way to ..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a Tricare Prime customer who recently underwent surgery that has transformed my life- Deuk Laser Disc Repair. Decades of chronic pain and countless medical..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "You went way above most surgeons, you treated my husband and myself with dignity and respect. Thank you for your honesty about my condition. It's been 6 weeks s..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I want to start off by saying Thank You! For many years I have had chronic pain in my neck and shoulders. I have been seen by several doctors and specialists a..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been suffering with sciatica and lower back pain for years. I have tried everything to relieve the pain but it was short term. My daughter found Dr. Deuk..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Doesn't spend much time with you, most of time is spent with Navigator and PA."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone is so nice there. Great center and great doctors"

September 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=35095'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

February 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=35095'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.2

February 7, 2014