Ratings for Dr. Larry G. Armstrong

Dr. Armstrong is the man you want doing your neurological surgery. He's an experienced and highly skilled Neurosurgeon. You can also tell that he's a good guy who you'll be able to trust ...good combination when you can find it! As a bonus, you'll have his great nursing staff looking after you. Cindy and Natasha were both fantastic. He just performed a two level Posterior Cervical Laminectomy on me, including hardware and fusion. Dr. Armstrong explained the risks and benefits of the two surgical options: Anterior and Posterior. He advised going in from the back, because my case presented a much higher risk to the spinal cord when coming in from the front. He was honest with me and warned me that a posterior recovery would be more painful. I didn't need any more risk, since I was already a walking time bomb for becoming paralyzed from the neck down. I am now beginning my recovery and looking forward to getting back to work and resuming a fairly normal life. You can't really pay someone back for something like that.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Good doctor with horrible practice! Refused to see me again after I questioned why his PA called me a "she", talked about my bowels and kidneys (at a neurosurgeon's office?) , said I fell at home, not work, etc. Dr. Armstrong refused to see me again on 7-11-17 after an appointment was confirmed! Waited for over an hour!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Extremely kind and takes time with patients. Dr. Armstrong is very compassionate and an excellent surgeon. He is very respected in our community and treated my family so well.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr. Armstrong is best doctor I have ever had. He explains in great detail in a language that the common person can understand. He has performed two surgeries on me and totally changed my life. I will go back to him if needed and will have no problem recommending his services to any in need.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Best Bedside manner of any doctor I have had in Oklahoma or Arkansas! Answered every question with an explanation. Overall very knoweldgeable and friendly!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Armstrong's back in 2002 in Fort Smith, Arkansas. He did Surgery on my C5 SCI(Spinal Cord Injury) after a car accident. He always stayed positive on my results and of me being able to walk again. Even after he was no longer required to check in on me he still took time out to come see how I was doing and the progress I was making. I had over 10+ doctors and he was and still is my favorite. He is the best doctor in my opinion to be doing surgery on anyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr Armstrong makes you feel like the only person in the world while in his care. His sunny disposition and great bedside manner is great. His surgical skills have positively changed my quaility of life. His staff is very helpful and quick to respond with questions.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

this for a visit to the office. He was very understanding and sympathetic. He did not mind filling out paperwork from my insurance disability, says he does it all the time. Dr. Armstrong was recommended highly from a friend who hates doctors but had to have lumbar surgery and he was very impressed with Dr. Armstrong. No other neurosurgeon has given much hope for my lower back but Dr. Armstrong said he had no problem do 3 discs in line and he will be doing my surgery on Sept. 5, 2006. He will be going through the abdomen and this will minimize problems down the road that I have inherited.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2006

Dr. Larry G. Armstrong's Credentials

• Fort Worth School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal