Ratings for Dr. John C. Gutleber

I cannot begin to say enough good things about The Doctors Office. Dr. Gutleber is one of the best doctors our family has had in a very long time. Extremely knowledgeable and thorough in his examinations. Staff is excellent. Highly recommend their office.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Best doctor. He will explain things in details for u to understand. He will draw the part of your body in details where the organs are and all. If something is going on. Or something about results.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I am an RN who recently started working night shifts and came to see Dr. Gutleber for prescription for Provigil, a medication that is indicated for shift workers to help them stay awake at night. I was prescribed it a few years ago by my family doctor in another state where we used to live. I had a few pills left and brought a bottle to my appointment. I was seen by someone who did not bother introducing himself to me. He inquired about my mammogram and wrote me a lengthy script for various routine labs. Then he told me that he will check with the doctor regarding Provigil. In a few minutes a nurse came and gave me a referral to a neurologist to write this prescription. He did not even recheck my blood pressure which was high when the nurse checked it a half hour earlier until my request. Mind you, they do not have a problem to perform Botox injections, according to the sign on the wall, or manage weight loss (advertised on billboards in South Florida) but I have to see a specialist for the medication I need. My total wait was over an hour and a half for this appointment. Also I requested an itemized bill from front desk (we get reimbursed for all medical expenses) and was told to come for it in 3 days and no, they could not mail it to me. I say this is a substandard practice that is only concerned with their bottom line, so I will be looking for another family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr. Gutleber sees patients only half of the day. The other half of the day he is off somewhere else attending other endeavors (RUNNING A WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC). Meanwhile he leaves a NURSE PRACTITIONER, who operates under the guise of a DOCTOR. When in reality he is NOT a DOCTOR! I was recently in Dr. Gutleber's office and was seen by this NP. His ability to asses the obvious was overwhelming when I told him what the problem was! He botched up the medications he prescribed, in that I ended up getting medication which according to the pharmacist at the drug store (who happens to be a real pharmacist and not a make believe doctor!) was not the correct type of medication for me. In the process not only giving me the right medication, but saving me $70 in the process!! I think it is very misleading, to say the very least, that Dr. Gutleber says he's the doctor you will see, when in reality, and depending on what time of the day you show up, you will get someone who is NOT A DOCTOR! I pay health insurance premiums to bee seen and or treated by a doctor. NOT A NURSE PRACTITIONER!, yet Dr. Gutleber's office still charges REAL DOCTOR FEES/RATES regardless of the fact that who really sees you is NOT A DOCTOR! Furthermore, in the state of Florida, if I have no car insurance, I cannot, by law, operate a vehicle. How is it then that a doctor's office can clearly admit to not having any sort of liability insurance, yet can still operate a medical office!!! This just leaves too much to be desired! FIND A DOCTOR WHO IS WILLING TO RUN HIS PRACTICE FULL TIME AND NOT HALF THE TIME WHILE HE LEAVES A 'QUACK' RUNNING HIS OFFICE AND PURSUES OTHER ENDEAVORS!!!!

Submitted August 15, 2014

Very clean office , nice staff I wait 10 min. To see a real Dr. No an assistant or nurse like in many other practices, all my questions were answer , the Dr. Spend a lot of time explaining my medical condition,

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

Very unorganized and uneducated staff. I waited almost an hour when I called and they told me what time to come in. The assistant took my blood pressure and heart rate (using a machine that does it for her) and asked me my weight, no height. She also was unable to correctly pronounce the medical terms for some of the questions. Then I waited for the doctor with the exam room door OPEN! Then after waiting another 10 minutes another "nurse" came and asked what I needed, I told her I needed to talk to the Dr. about a referral and they proceeded to WRITE one on a prescription pad without even really quesitoning why I wanted one (even though I really did need one for a specialty doctor). Also, in the paper work it states this dr does not have malpractice insurance, big red flag in retrospect. If you are looking for a PCP do NOT go here, very unprofessional and they seem to have interest else where.

Submitted September 13, 2011

Worst doctor I have ever been to and even worse management. I was given in-house ultrasounds and told they were part of my new patient check-up. They were not. I was billed over $800. Clearly the office is trying to use this as a means to pay for their machine. The billing manager (the dr's rude wife) was extremely unhelpful and unprofessional. She even told me 'bring it on' when I told her I would be reporting these charges as fraudulent. I saw the dr himself for about 20 minutes in the exam room where he chattered on the entire time about his own personal injuries. I had no idea how this was relevant to me, but at the time I thought it was harmless because I wasn't sick, I was just getting a check-up. Throughout several phone calls with the office about these charges I was given 4 different reasons as to why the ultrasounds were ordered. This doctor is awful, the billing nazi is a liar and a fraud, and the entire office should be shut down. DON'T GO THERE!

Submitted July 6, 2011