Ratings for Dr. John R. Mcauley

Dr. Mcauley is very knowledgeable, thorough, and personable. I went to see him for the first visit today for depression and anxiety and he was understanding and kind. He treats his patients like they are intelligent people and explains options. He is not your everyday know it all doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

My husband and I were recently "fired" for not following office policy and I apparently was rude to the office staff. I asked for an explantion of breaking office policy and recieved none.the administrator said she could not make him follow up with me. Keep in mind the dr. has seen my husband for over ten years. I asked for a response due to this long relationship. The rudeness on my part was me being adament regarding seeing dr when scheduled. I was told by staff and I quote" you can't expect to see the dr when scheduled" I thought that was the purpose of the appointment system.. Maybe I was wrong. Do not waste your time they overbook and understaff. If your dr. is not there--which is often- the others basicly make you come back to see your dr. all the while charging office visits and co-pays. Rediculious!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Getting old--never remembers what you tell him from one visit to another. Friendly but outdated. He is NOT agressive in treating illnesses--very passive. Not impressed with his interaction with me as a patient, more interested in telling corny jokes than listening to my telling him how I am feeling. The ABSOLUTE worst office staff of all time. They have such an antiquated phone answering system, that it is impossible to talk to a human being most times. You must leave a voice message to even talk to his nurse, who seldom, if ever returns calls. Takes days to get a prescription refill called into a pharmacy. Even the pharmacies cannot contact this office directly, and also have to leave messages on their annoying phone system. Faxes from pharmacies are also responded to VERY slowly. Stay away from this office if you want a doctor who responds to your needs in a timely manner. Enough said, you are warned. Office waits are often over 2 hours due to constant overbooking of appointments.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Dr. John R. Mcauley's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

GHI