Ratings for Dr. Peter Inkpen

I have to Thank Dr. Inkpen for all the help & treatment I received from him during the past year. On all my visits I found him and his staff to be most helpful and attentive. I am now pain free for the first time in 3 years . I would highly recommend Dr. Inkpen.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Inkpen. He is friendly, caring and most importantly knowledgeable. We are lucky to have a physician in the area that possess the skills that he has to be able to perform the procedures that he does. He has helped me immensely with my neck pain, which are very tricky injections. To everyone being critical of how long they have to wait, all that means is that he is spending the time with other patients that they deserve. And just because you didn't hear the answer you wanted to doesn't make him wrong. Maybe it makes YOU wrong. The staff are wonderful and always friendly, and you can really tell how much they care about their patients. I often get dizzy after my injections and I'm always intrusted to take extra to feel better.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I was very disappointed with my experience with dr.inkpen,his staff were great and the person who did the testing,but after talking to dr inkpen about severe pain in my calf and numbness in my toes and lump on my ankle,i asked what causeing all the pain he said my knee or possibly lower back,wear a brace is what he recommended..that I had been wearing on and off for 20yrs and its not the solution,i asked well do I need surgery on my knee,he said no,just carry on....wow I think I went into shock..what a stupid recommendation,absolutely no solution at all or even a recommendation to see a orthopedic surgeon,so now I gotta go to my regular dr to get referral for orthopedic surgeon I can hardly walk some days....this is why our medical system is overwhelmed we gotta go around and around till we get the right drs,its very costly on us and these drs get paid out of our tax contributions over many years of hard work for feeble and useless experiences like this....I wouldn't recommend him at all it was a waste of travelling there 3hrs in total,best thing I got out this was 2 pair of gym shorts from thrift store down the street....

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I visited Dr. Inkpen today, and contrary to most of these reviews, I found him, humble, friendly, very helpful, and patient. I would highly recommend him. He was also on time, and I think people should realize that when a Doctor isn't, it is because he is needed elsewhere at the time.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

His staff is quite excellent Unfortunately Dr. Inkpen himself isn't! I found him to be quite rude and arrogant. After waiting over 15 minutes for my appointment I saw someone other than Dr. Inkpen. When he finally deemed it worthy to come in he was eating his lunch! This was on my time not his! When responding to a question I got a, talk to the hand response! Mainly because his mouth was full! Not at all something I would expect from a professional. I thought only a high school girl would think that was appropriate behaviour. He might think he is someone but I for one sure don't!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I have seen Dr. Inkpen twice now and am so grateful we have someone with his expertise in Vernon. I am a physician and I can say with certainty his skill set is rare. He is a top neuromuscular ultrasound expert and his ability to diagnose and treat many neuromuscular conditions is unparalleled. Those who have been critical need to appreciate that without him many patients would struggle to get the care he provides. He has been a godsend to me and I am more than happy to give him my highest recommendation. His staff is excellent by the way.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I am a professional nurse with a BScN, with 13 years experience in Diabetes Education, therefore, I do have thorough medical knowledge regarding Diabetes. My husband was referred to this man (in my opinion he does not deserve the title of Doctor) for a neuropathic assessment. The doc was punctual and that is the only good thing we have to say about him. We were taken into his assessment room and my husband was instructed to get up and lay on a metal table, my husband has had eight back operations, so laying on a metal table is quite painful for him. While he was setting up the probes for my husband he asked me to give his assistant a list of current medications. I stood up and handed her the paper and then started back to the chair, however, I decided that I wanted to observe what he was doing to my husband so I remained standing. This is a common practice and encouraged in the majority of medical treatments and I was unable to see clearly by sitting. Inkpen then rudely told me to sit down, I was stunned and said, "excuse me" and he repeated, "sit down." I did not want to make things difficult for my husband so I sat down. Throughout the procedure my husband was in excruciating pain, no explanation in order for him to anticipate what was going to happen. I observed tears running down my husband's cheeks. When Inkpen was finished he proceeded to tell us the neuropathy that was afflicting my husband was from Diabetes and not his back injury. I have been to many, many, Diabetes conferences and I have thoroughly researched Diabetic Neuropathy. Many highly regarded Diabetes Specialists and all research articles support the fact that neuropathy happens after many years of hyperglycemia (blood glucose in the mid to high 20's). This has not been the case for my husband, who had maintained euglycemia since being diagnosed with diabetes. Research also states that when a person with diabetes has neuropathy then retinopathy, and nephropathy is also present (impotence also is a problem), My husband only has problems with neuropathy. When I questioned Inkpen about all the research and the findings of these many Diabetes Specialists he told us that with his machine he could diagnose Diabetes years before there would be any increase in a person's blood glucose readings. Basically, he let us conclude that all the Diabetes Specialists did not know what they were talking about. When I asked him if he could say 100% that the neuropathy was from Diabetes he would not commit himself to this. Both my husband and I found this man to be extremely rude with a very poor bedside manner. I have worked with many doctors, none have been as rude as this man. If there would have been a negative number in this rating that is want we would have given him. After this visit I have had the opportunity to speak with others who have gone to see him and they all have had the same impression of him and a similar experience. He is very arrogant and I would not take my worst enemy to see him.

Submitted June 8, 2017

Had 3 visits. 1st one for consultation Dr was on time and somewhat friendly. 2nd one for procedure he was running 30 mins behind. He did not bother to look at my chart to see my name and asked his assistant while he was taking blood what my name was. He came across as very arrogant and sarcastic. At followup he suggested paying another several hundred dollars to try the treatment again since it did not work the first time. I politely declined. Staff was very friendly - he might want to take a lesson from them.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

May 16/17 Staff were nice. Dr. Inkpen has personality of a doorknob! Referred by my GP. Had to cancel first appointment the day before due to family issue. when I arrived for my appointment, I was advised I had to pay $100 for cancellation. I was never advised of any cancellation fee at the time. Apparently I was under 24hours before appointment, even though it was the day before. I would not have minded paying a fee if it was a reasonable amount, but $100 is ridicules. To much to write hear about the poor treatment when met with Dr. personality. After getting home in significant pain from treatment that I had to stop, called office about fee when cancelled day before. Receptionist nice, but unable to do anything about it. Left message for Dr. Inkpen to return call, which he has yet to do! This is not over, as just making a charge like this without any notice of fee is not justified.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I thought the staff and Doctor were great.He was very helpful,did his job very well.Could not be more happier and relieved after my visit.Was given a steriod shot and felt so much better..Thank you Dr.Inkpen and staff.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017