Ratings for Dr. Vincent Young

Best doctor ever. Stage 3 breast cancer and I owe it all to the wonderful care I received from him and Dr. Meng. Patient, kind and really cares. A wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I was diagnosed in 1989 with Stage 2 Breast Cancer - at that time statistics indicated that I had a 50% chance of being alive for five years. On July 28th this year, I celebrated 25 years of cancer free living, thanks to this wonderful Oncologist. My husband and I retired to Lake Chapala, Mexico in 2003 where we have superb medical care but we will never forget the excellent care we received at the Ottawa General Cancer Centre and, in particular, from Dr. Young.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

I have not seen this doctor for about 7 years but I had to look him up today to see him again, I remembered what a great doctor he was kind and concerned and patient! I seen this and wanted to add my experience along with the rest :)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Best oncologist ever! Very attentive, genuinely caring, and immensely knowledgable. Seeing him while I was going through chemo treatments was a determining factor in my healing process. Other oncologists will do great if they learn how to be as empathetic as he is. I'm so lucky to have had him as my oncologist.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Amazing doctor! I was under his care in 1995 for 7 years and for the past 4 years. He is truly one of a kind...compassionate, understanding and very knowledgeable. You sometimes have to wait a bit but it is because he is giving another patient time needed! That is what we want in a doctor!

Submitted June 6, 2014

A stellar physician,the best of all the specialists seen along our cancer path: empathetic, non-condescending, conscientious and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Dr. Young has been my oncologist for melanoma since last year. He is such a kind and gentle man and makes you feel great. Definitely recommend him. Truly caring when I really needed that during my difficult time.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Very caring and gentle Doctor,very understanding .

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Young has been my oncologist since 2011, and I feel very lucky to have him. He is caring, compassionate, and always ready to answer my (many) questions. He takes the time to ensure that I understand everything, as well as understand the uncertainty of some treatments. Love his staff too - very supportive and caring.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

As a breast cancer patient of Dr. Young at the Ottawa Hospital for a year and a half,I find him perfect for the role, very professional but with a warm smile and great sensitivity. He's also one of the very rare male doctors who don't feel threatened by female patients who want to discuss medical articles. He should be cloned!!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013