Ratings for Dr. James A. Smalley

He is the Worst! I honestly wonder if he really is a Doctor? He was first, my mothers podiatrist and she saw him for a small wound that wouldn't heal on her toe. Eventually that wound caused her to lose her toe, then lose her leg & finally lose her life! So five years later when my Ins. co asked me to choose a podiatrist because of my ongoing foot problem , I chose him. Not realizing it was the same dr my mom had until I arrived at his office. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt & stayed for my appointment. At the conclusion of him examining my foot he seemed very confused as to what my foot issue was and after several guesses but no one answer his solution was to pull up and print a map with directions ,and then kindly showing me ,by outlining with his pen & explaining how to get to the "Good feet store". Huh?? That was it? He never even gave me one final diagnosis ? So I left in horrific pain worse off then when I came because I actually BELIEVED my foot would be healed. Or at least I would know what the problem was? So a couple of weeks later I return for a second visit hoping to have better results . But this time my appointment is with the other podiatrist In Dr Smalleys office. My choice. Figure maybe I might get somewhere with a different doctor . NOPE, didn't happen. This Doctor was also clueless as to my foot problem . So after she offered no diagnosis , nor solution , I started crying and begged her to help me in someway to solve this health problem. At least tell me what it was on the soul of my foot! So reluctantly , she finally offered me a boot to wear to keep me off of the little wound on the ball of my foot.but only after first checking to see if my medical insurence covered it. So she gave me the boot. I wore it for many months but to no avail ! Didn't do a thing to help my foot. So Here I am over a year later and my foot problem has almost ruined my life.. I can barely walk and am in agonizing pain all the time. Truly feel the problem with my foot isn't to complicated to figure out what it is and how to fix it. It's like a planters wart . So now I'm Waiting to get new ins thru my husbands new job. I HOPE to God it's not too late! Don't want to end up like my mother did! 9 feet under!💀

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016