Ratings for Dr. Randy Leung

Very dismissive and I agree with the statement below....medically neglectful. He is making decisions (or rather not making decisions) without reviewing CT or MRIs. I have fullness in my ear, dizziness, hearing loss and ringing and he says there is nothing that can be done. Ridiculous. Why become a doctor if your not going to try to help people.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Both my husband & I went to see Dr. Leung (referred by my dental office), for different reasons, in June 2017. Each time, Dr. Leung was very polite (shook hands with each of us & introduced himself - sometimes specialists ignore me & speak directly to my husband even when I'm the actual patient!) He apologized for the 30 min. wait even though we were on time for my appt. He took us in as soon as he could when we found ourselves very early for my husband's appt. Dr. Leung was very patient with our questions, explained things well, sent my husband for a further test & was very reassuring with the results. Would highly recommend Dr. Leung! Shauna, his receptionist, was always polite & patient on the phone & in person. Sorry that the fellow who submitted his review on May 28, 2017, did not have a good experience. I've found that with specialists, you usually wait a long time for an appt., then always wait long in the waiting room. Not so with Dr. Leung. Maybe we were lucky in the timing. Most specialists I've encountered have been knowledgeable & explain things well, it helps if you do your homework and go armed with questions. Highly recommend that you ask to go on a cancellation list to try to get in earlier than the several months it sometimes take to be seen.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Medically neglectful....my wife was tested positive for a rare auto immune disease that primarily affects sinuses and he quickly dismissed our concern that she could have it. Proceeded with (which was un necessary sinus surgery) and did not take biopsy as was asked by immunologist. A few months later she flared up with this life threatening disease, all he could do was pat himself on the back for the surgery when we told him.. We asked him several times and he would just say that's rare can't be that. Well she almost died and he had no empathy for us or realization of the severity of the disease. He should open a textbook, every other Doctor knows This rare blood marker means you have vasculitis. He is just a trigger happy surgeon. Staff is the worst, does not relay messages, she could care less about the patients, really she should try working for someone with a spine who can tune her in, try Tim Hortons, she won't last an hour.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

I have seen Dr. Leung several times, he is always very professional, offering much information and allowing me to make the best informed decision about my care. I find he takes time to listen and answers all my questions. Although, my procedure was very uncomfortable, I was kept well informed every step of the way. Very caring young physician.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

This doctor goes above and beyond his service. He has a passion for children as it shows through his practice.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Please consider seeing another ENT in the area. He cancels appointments with little notice. His bedside manner is extremely dismissive. He is very cold. I drove an hour and he literally saw me for 3 minutes. He had to cancel an appointment with less than 2 hours notice and I and my husband has already booked time off of work to attend this appointment. I asked if he could call with results on a different day and he said he could but that he would bill me personally $30. That is crazy. He cancelled the appointment and then he wants to charge me for information that he should have given me in the appointment THAT HE CANCELLED. Obviously only concerned about billing and money. Very very sad.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I attended Dr. Leung's office this morning for a 9.10am appt. The receptionist was very pleasant & asked me to fill out a form, which I did. When it came my turn, the Dr. himself asked me into his office. He did a very thorough examination, even removing some hardened earwax from my ear. While this was very painful for me, he apologised profusely, but I simply told him he was trying to help me, & I truly appeciated what he was trying to do for me. The tube in the nose, then down the throat was very uncomfortable too, but again, the Dr. was very apologetic. He then sent me for a hearing test, & went over the results with me. He is also arranging for me to have a CT scan of the temporal area of my skull just to make sure there aren't any growths, etc. He said the chances of any growth would be about 1% or less, but again I appreciated his thoroughness. Just from this one meeting, I would recommend Dr. Leung in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr Leung was a wonderful Doctor. Great bedside manner and overall very professional. His receptionist on the other hand was terrible. We arrived at my 4 year old Daughter's appointment early 8:45 am (appointment @9am) Travelled 45mins to get there and went to check in with her health card. His receptionist abruptly told me that her appointment was cancelled because when they called me, someone had pressed the button for cancelling. I told her I had received the call and confirmed. She said NO we called the number on the requisition from your family Doctor which WASN'T my number. Never has been. Plus Our family Doctor is across the hall!! I told her to let me go check with my family Doctor's receptionist as to which phone number they faxed with that requisition. Sure enough My correct number was on the requisition. She then said "let me check with Dr Leung if he will still accept her? Are you kidding me? there was no wrong doing on my part? I even confirmed with his office! In the end we seen Dr Leung and all was well. I sincerely hope his receptionist learns what good work ethics are, Learns how to deal with patients properly and at the very minimum stay off her cell phone!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Leung, is truly the most caring and helpful Doctor I have ever seen, he is always on time for my appointment, he always takes the time to listen to everything I have to say and most importantly he does every thing he possibly can to help you. He truly is the best doctor in Barrie

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr leung and his staff very very friendly and extremely professional.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016