Ratings for Dr. Evelyn Sugar

Dr. Evelyn Sugar, how can you say it. Remember from the past how family practitioners would actually visit your home for those of us old enough to remember. Well as a Dentist Dr. Sugar feels like that to me. Her team and her make you feel at ease and comfortable every step of a procedure. But. What really stands out for me is the phone call in the evening from Doctor Sugar to check how you are doing after you have been there, amazing. Could not ask for more.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr sugar is gentle,easy to get an appointment,ftiendly, I had a dentist for over 30 years and moved to milton and had a difficult time trusting a dentist as I had a previous bad experience in milton with a new dentist. She has been so mindful and gentle. The whole family sees her and are all more than hapoy..I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr Sugar has been our dentist for over 13 years. Our youngest was very anxious when at 7 we moved here & had to find a new dentist. Dr Sugar was fabulous & we never had any issues. I don't think most people are fond of dental work. Dr Sugar is professional, personable & her technique is on point. As in any healthcare-emergencies can arise....if she's running late they can call you or advise you when you arrive. We have insurance coverage & she has always explained everything & every option available. Our children are grown & away at school. I still schedule their cleanings around school breaks so they don't have to change dentists. She is a kind heated & lovely woman.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

The worst dentist ever. Worst receptionist ever. So unfriendly!!! Even when I switched to another dental office receptionist was sooooooo rude the new dentists receptionist. They had a very difficult time getting my x rays transferred because dr sugars receptionist didn't seem to know what she was doing or just didn't care. Steer away from this place

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Very rude and very pushy. Horrible with kids. Just bad

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Unnecessary fillings and xrays to max out insurance. Pushy receptionist. Wouldn't recommend.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I totally recommend Dr. Sugar if you are looking for a dentist. My husband, my 3 kids, and I have all been going to Dr. Sugar for over 10 years now. In fact, we moved to Mississauga several years ago and went to another dentist closer to our home. However, none of us were very happy with the change, and now we actually go out of our way to travel to Milton and see Dr. Sugar. She is great.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

First, let me say that you will not find a better or more ethical dentist than Dr. Sugar. She ALWAYS discusses and visually shows you, through her. camera, the treatment she recommends before proceededing. I would suggest that there are not many dentists out there that are as thorough and helpful in assisting you on making YOUR decision on the treatment you will have. As to prior comments on gauging, you get what you pay for in this world. Sure there will always be dentists out there that will say to you you don't require certain treatments, but like in many industries, there are those who will say and do things to get you to become a customer, client or patient of theirs, but I would ask you, have many times have you made the switch and then said why did I do that? Think about it.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I am very glad that I found Dr. Sugar . I had not been to see a dentist for approximately 5 years, due to being unemployed and not having dental insurance. After finding a job with a dental plan several months ago, I decided to make a dentist appointment. I was quite nervous to go to the dentist after such a long period of neglect. Dr. Sugar and her hygienist were very gentle and upfront with me. Dr. Sugar explained that because I had not been to a dentist for so many years, and because I had neglected to take proper care, I needed a bit of extra work (which included the filling of a couple of cavities and replacing previous older fillings that had deteriorated). She explained that she would do the work within the limits of my dental plan, but that because my plan only covered 80% of the cost, I would still be on the hook for 20% of the cost. Although I really liked Dr. Sugar, I decided to do some research and consulted several other dentists and the internet! Everything Dr. Sugar told me was accurate. I ended up having the work done by Dr. Sugar, and I am very happy. Not only is she very gentle, she was very forthright and honest regarding what was required to keep my mouth healthy. I would definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

The receptionist will relentlessly call you and reschedule to fit her needs, she will be forceful and book you at inconvenient times that work for her and her team only. It's ok if you're kept waiting in the lobby for 30 min but the receptionist will call you many times to make sure she doesn't have any gaps in her schedule. Unless you want to be treated like it is a huge privilege to be there I would say keep far away from this practice.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015