Ratings for Dr. Evelyn Sugar

I had work done and was not advised that it wouldn't be covered by my insurance until the procedure was done. Very unprofessional and unethical and have never encountered this before. I will not be returning!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

I like Dr Sugar, unfortunately I hate how they are always trying to squeeze every penny they can from me and my insurance. They have done this to me and my family on more than one occasion. I book appointments and tell them to do ONLY what is covered by my insurance. While in the dentist chair the hygienist will ask if you want other things done, like polishing your teeth knowing that its not covered but not telling you its not covered. If you say yes when its time to go you end up with a huge bill. Any dentist I have ever gone to has never done such a thing. I am done with them. I hope it was worth the extra 130 bucks you made off my family. It will cost you much more in the long run!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Evelyn Sugar, how can you say it. Remember from the past how family practitioners would actually visit your home for those of us old enough to remember. Well as a Dentist Dr. Sugar feels like that to me. Her team and her make you feel at ease and comfortable every step of a procedure. But. What really stands out for me is the phone call in the evening from Doctor Sugar to check how you are doing after you have been there, amazing. Could not ask for more.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr sugar is gentle,easy to get an appointment,ftiendly, I had a dentist for over 30 years and moved to milton and had a difficult time trusting a dentist as I had a previous bad experience in milton with a new dentist. She has been so mindful and gentle. The whole family sees her and are all more than hapoy..I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr Sugar has been our dentist for over 13 years. Our youngest was very anxious when at 7 we moved here & had to find a new dentist. Dr Sugar was fabulous & we never had any issues. I don't think most people are fond of dental work. Dr Sugar is professional, personable & her technique is on point. As in any healthcare-emergencies can arise....if she's running late they can call you or advise you when you arrive. We have insurance coverage & she has always explained everything & every option available. Our children are grown & away at school. I still schedule their cleanings around school breaks so they don't have to change dentists. She is a kind heated & lovely woman.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

The worst dentist ever. Worst receptionist ever. So unfriendly!!! Even when I switched to another dental office receptionist was sooooooo rude the new dentists receptionist. They had a very difficult time getting my x rays transferred because dr sugars receptionist didn't seem to know what she was doing or just didn't care. Steer away from this place

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Very rude and very pushy. Horrible with kids. Just bad

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Unnecessary fillings and xrays to max out insurance. Pushy receptionist. Wouldn't recommend.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I totally recommend Dr. Sugar if you are looking for a dentist. My husband, my 3 kids, and I have all been going to Dr. Sugar for over 10 years now. In fact, we moved to Mississauga several years ago and went to another dentist closer to our home. However, none of us were very happy with the change, and now we actually go out of our way to travel to Milton and see Dr. Sugar. She is great.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

First, let me say that you will not find a better or more ethical dentist than Dr. Sugar. She ALWAYS discusses and visually shows you, through her. camera, the treatment she recommends before proceededing. I would suggest that there are not many dentists out there that are as thorough and helpful in assisting you on making YOUR decision on the treatment you will have. As to prior comments on gauging, you get what you pay for in this world. Sure there will always be dentists out there that will say to you you don't require certain treatments, but like in many industries, there are those who will say and do things to get you to become a customer, client or patient of theirs, but I would ask you, have many times have you made the switch and then said why did I do that? Think about it.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015