Ratings for Dr. Rafael J Perez

Dr. Perez is wonder. I've been going to him for years and he and his staff have been great with me. He always has a smile on his face and does his best to help you and explain things to you. He's a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Zero compassion, the only thing they care about is the money.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I was seeing this Doctor was happy with him but had to stop going because of the unprofessional office staff . I know I am not the only one they blame each other and make major errors with billing and one of my friend that also goes to him was sent to collections for services she had paid. He has a real problem with his office staff that really hurts the service provided.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Be aware,I went for my annual visit witch my insurance was going to cover. Since I was feeling some pain, the dr. Ordered MRI to be done. For my surprise they bill me a regular visit plus the annual. Dr Perez was very good, but his billing dept. is terrible.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Came to Dr. Perez for abnormal bleeding issues. The staff was not bad at all, they actually followed up with me on time and never gave me an issue. His medical assistant was very nice too. He is an amazing doctor, he is super nice and does a thorough, detail assessment on all his new patients. He listened to my heart, lungs, asked detailed question regarding previous medical history and familial history which is important to do which many docs don't look into. He did not rush during the visit and made the time to answer all questions. I had an ultrasound done in the office and he was able to read and confirm ultrasound results right there. He is very knowledgable and not intimidating :))) definitely going back next year

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

The doctor is good, but the staff is awful. They never return phone calls. He should surround himself with a better team. I will not return to his office again.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Perez for many years now. He became my primary doctor when I decided to switch OBGYN after finding out I was pregnant with my second child. My prior OBGYN was a nightmare and felt so uncomfortable with him. I have now been with Dr. Perez for 9 years. He is far now from where I live, but still choose to drive to see him then leave. He is easy to talk to and always has a professional demeanor and has a smile on his face. When I have had to call the office for general questions the staff answers properly over the phone and they always answer the phone. They have never given me any type of attitude or rudeness. About 2 years ago I suffered a miscarriage, when they had to perform a DNc, he was very knowledgeable and explained properly at what had gone wrong and what to expect. He is a great Doctor you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

The Doctor is excellent. I was recommended from my gynecologist to see him for Fibroids at South Miami Hospital. I had surgery in December "Robotic", I removed my uterus, ovaries and left my cervix. I am 49 years old (healthy). It was a complete success, so far so good. STAFF, on the other hand is very nice, but way to disorganized.... You will have to followup on just about everything. Too many patients at office, therefore, I will go back to my regular Gynecologist... But do recommend the doctor..... miami, Florida.....

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Just like the same poster, I had issues scheduling surgery, overpaid for 3 "pre consult visits" and even paying additional co-pay for surgery "up front"a week before! So all those "pre-op" visits didn't apply to my surgery, since he's not my regular doctor and just recommended by own gyno just for surgery! Office staff tends to point fingers at each other as a response to no returned calls! Doctor himself seems more than capable with great bedside matter, but he should surround himself with a better team!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

The doctor is very good, but the staff is awful. They never return phone calls. For weeks I left messages to schedule surgery, and ended up making an appointment with another surgeon. I got a call from the doctor himself the day before I was seeing the other surgeon and explained that his staff never returned my calls. he took care of it and I ended up having surgery with him anyways. I wished I hadn't. I made an overpayment for my deductible and have been trying to get a refund for 6 weeks; same thing, staff doesn't return phone calls, makes promises & doesn't follow through. I wish I'd seen the other guy!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. Rafael J Perez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in South Miami, FL