Ratings for Dr. James Atkins

Ask for a second opinion ! Brought in by ambulance , spent 1 min with him . Gave some tylonal , and basic antibiotics, told me it was a bladder infection . And sent home . I had a burst appendix and just about passed away. Lucky went for a second opinion after being misdiagnosed , had a "proper" examination and quickly diagnosed (actually touching my stomach) . 10 days in hospital to recover and another 3 week till feeing normal could have been prevented with proper time and procedures to diagnosis. He's a lawsuit waiting to happen .....

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Drove 85 km to emergency at PRH with acute hernia pain. Spent all of 40 seconds with dr Atkins and was told it was nothing to worry about yet as long as I can push it back in place. When I asked if there is anything I could do, I was told to take Tylenol, iboprophen or other pills. Next time I'll go to the local vet, probably get a more professional opinion. Too bad there wasn't a 0 rating.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Worse Doctor ever seen. He did not do one thing to help severe back pain (10/10 for pain). I have never seen or had this poor treatment from any doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Thank you to dr. James for your compassionate care in the ER. You let me cry and were very kind and knowledgable. I felt good coming away from there, feeling like someone was really listening to me and that I am being cared for, so thankful. ( I hate to rate the punctuality because even though it was a bit of a wait, the ER was swamped)

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015