Ratings for Dr. Johannes Louw

Dr. Louw is very well suited to his specialization. He has a very gentle, soothing, non-judgmental demeanor. He never discounts any of my feelings or opinions. I feel like I have been heard and seen everytime I come to see him because he remembers my stories no matter how inconsequential. I am very thankful that I have him for a psychiatrist or I might have fallen into the cracks of the mental health system.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

This man is terrible, if you want to feel worse about yourself, he’s the doctor to help with that.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I have to retract a previous review. I saw Dr. Louw and he told me that he did not know what to do, I interpreted that incorrectly. He referred me to UBC Mood Disorder Clinic instead and they made several recommendations. But now I am without a psychiatrist and I only have myself to blame.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

I am not impressed with him at all. I came to him very sick while he wasn't very understanding and jumped to conclusions quickly.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I have Bipolar, for 20 years, I was in and out of hospital for not taking my medication. Dr. Louw put me on a new mood stabilizer, Lamotrigine and an injection - initially, I hated him for it. He also put me on extended leave so I had to take my medication and go for appointments. I was not very happy but it helped me because I did really well, my family said this is the best they have seen me. I have a full time job now. After 1 year, he took me off extended leave, now I go for the injection because I can see it helps me. His staff at Gateway mental health team is also pretty good.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

He is one of the realist people I have met. He is kind, genuine, knowledgeable, resourceful and absolutely hilarious..... not like other drs who like their toast dry, like their personalities.😒 He is beyond reasonable and offers and illustrates options. He is so real, hilarious...sometimes its hard to be srioys,with him....i love that! Laughter is the best medicine!I am one of the blessed people that has him as,a Dr. He is most definitely the kind of person I would take tons TWENTY ∅NE PIL∅TS. concert.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

He is a terrific Psiquiatra, really knows how to treat people with mental health disorders! Thanks a lot! Angie Tabares.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Louw is my psychiatrist doctor. He is very good taking care of me. He follow up my medication which sometimes I don't take. He is very persistent that I should take my medication on time or else it will cause side effect. One time I did not take my medication to see what is the side effect and I mention it to Dr. Louw he said I will go back to the hospital which scares me. So from now on I will take my medication without fail. Dr. Louw is very knowledgeable doctor. I like him very much.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Thought he was goid but he turns on you pretty fast. Watch out.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014