Ratings for Dr. Johannes Louw

I have Bipolar, for 20 years, I was in and out of hospital for not taking my medication. Dr. Louw put me on a new mood stabilizer, Lamotrigine and an injection - initially, I hated him for it. He also put me on extended leave so I had to take my medication and go for appointments. I was not very happy but it helped me because I did really well, my family said this is the best they have seen me. I have a full time job now. After 1 year, he took me off extended leave, now I go for the injection because I can see it helps me. His staff at Gateway mental health team is also pretty good.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

He is one of the realist people I have met. He is kind, genuine, knowledgeable, resourceful and absolutely hilarious..... not like other drs who like their toast dry, like their personalities.😒 He is beyond reasonable and offers and illustrates options. He is so real, hilarious...sometimes its hard to be srioys,with him....i love that! Laughter is the best medicine!I am one of the blessed people that has him as,a Dr. He is most definitely the kind of person I would take tons TWENTY ∅NE PIL∅TS. concert.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

He is a terrific Psiquiatra, really knows how to treat people with mental health disorders! Thanks a lot! Angie Tabares.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Louw is my psychiatrist doctor. He is very good taking care of me. He follow up my medication which sometimes I don't take. He is very persistent that I should take my medication on time or else it will cause side effect. One time I did not take my medication to see what is the side effect and I mention it to Dr. Louw he said I will go back to the hospital which scares me. So from now on I will take my medication without fail. Dr. Louw is very knowledgeable doctor. I like him very much.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Thought he was goid but he turns on you pretty fast. Watch out.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I have been bounced from Psychiatrist to Psychiatrist my entire life and never had anyone get to the root of my mental health issues. I felt like I was one of the people who slipped through the cracks and lost their potential to a system that didn't care to fix my problems, only medicate me and send me away. Dr Louw is fun and jovial, he made me smile even on my bad days when I first started seeing him. Our first session he got down to work trying new treatments with me, by my 3rd session he had noticed a medication that *HE* didn't like the results of and changed it. By the 5th session I was a totally new person. He really is able to see in to a person and treat them not only according to what is wrong but also who they are and what they want out of life. He gave me my life back, if he hadn't stepped in, I likely wouldn't be here now, let alone more successful and authentic than I have ever been. He gave me back my future.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Dr Louw is one in a million. I believe he has the ability to relate to just about anyone at his or her own level. He is kind, gentle, and knowledgable; at the same time, he helped me see the humor in many life situations. I'll miss you, Dr J, and I'll never forget you. Thanks for helping me find my life again.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

Dr. Louw is my psychiatrist. He is very good to me, his care goes behind his duty. He filled up my RAP-PD for my student loan for free without any charge. He is caring he reminded me to see my family doctor because aside from mental illness I also have breast cancer. Together with Marie Herbert my case manager they made up a team of caring professionals that try to cure mental illness. They are dedicated to their duties. Always ready to help very accommodating true public servants. We need professionals like them. Thank you Dr. Louw and thank you Marie.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Dr. Louw is a good person. He is insightful and thinks deeply about the human condition. That is why I have found him so easy to relate to during my sessions with him. Dr. Louw has the maturity and experience to take time in formulating a diagnosis giving me the sense that I, as a patient, come before career goals and financial compensation. Through his up to date professional knowledge Dr. Louw has offered me a number of choices in pharmaceutical therapies. He is not brash, headstrong nor single minded. Rather I have found him to be open and accepting of individual peculiarities and life circumstances. Dr. Louw has been warmly welcoming regarding future support should I have such need. For that reassurance I am grateful. I have felt more engaged with life and more of an asset to my fellow man and woman because of the increased strength this kindly professional has given me.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012