Ratings for Dr. Neil Fukumoto

Reception staff are unpleasant and treat patients as if they are a pain. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Fukumoto for approximately 20 years. He has done excellent work on my teeth. His staff have been thorough in cleaning my teeth, except on my last visit there was a new hygienist who seemed to rush through cleaning my teeth, and afterward they didn't feel as smooth and clean as usual. (That's why I rated staff 4, not 5.) I have had fillings and a crown, and everything went well.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

While both Tanaka & Fukumoto are both very kind people, there aren't many good things I can say about their practice. There is a horrific sense of hygiene within this office ie - Dr. Tanaka brushed my mouth appliance with a used & tattered toothbrush, then placed the toothbrush back in the cupboard to be used again! Also, NOBODY (hygienists included) practice proper hand hygiene. ie cleaning your teeth then, with gloves still on, opening cupboards, charting/writing, then back in your mouth with same gloves. How many times does this happen in a day?? How many germs are on those pens & cupboards? I also had a hygienist diagnose & prescribe a mouth guard for bruxism (grinding my teeth at night... most definitely NOT within their scope of practice). Dr. Fukumoto was shocked that I had requested his opinion prior to getting the molds done. I was also told by Dr. Tanaka that I needed 4000$ worth of gum grafts ASAP!... I got a second opinion who could not have disagreed more.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013