Ratings for Dr. Zenaidy Castro

I visited Dr Castro to have some old filings replaced on my four top front teeth. The plan was to treat two teeth in consecutive visits. I only did the two teeth and cancelled the follow up appointment as I was absolutely horrified with the results. When I went into the dental room, Dr Castro was sitting on one of the benches eating lunch (my appointment was around midday), and put her food aside to serve me. The two teeth were treated, but she did not show me the results of the procedure, as a lot of other dentists do. I thought this was odd, so I walked back to my office (I work in the CBD), keen to check out my 'new' smile. I knew why as soon as I saw my teeth in the mirror why I had been ushered out of Dr Castro's practice without viewing my teeth - she had taken away too much of the tooth surface and the replacement fillings did not match the colour of my teeth, thus making my smile look very odd and unattractive. The two halves of the tooth surface looked completely different, making my teeth appear as half rotted. I cried and cancelled the follow up appointment. I had to visit another dentist to correct this and the whole procedure ended up costing me a lot more money, as well as compromising the structure of my teeth. Unlike some of the other reviews, my experience was absolutely horrible and distressing. However, I am not here to tell potential clients what to do - you will need to make up your own minds. I am simply relaying what my experience was.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017