Ratings for Dr. Susan Humphrey-Murto

I consider myself very lucky to have her as a doctor. She is an amazing person and rheumatologist. She is competent and knowledgeable. Always there to help when in a flare. Thank you Dr. Humphrey!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

She really is fantastic, a wonderful person and doctor. She really made me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr Susan Humphrey-Murto, is by far the most incredible doctor. Her devotion to her patients, compassion and level of professionalism exceed normal expectations. She has been my doctor since 2014 and I would not be where I am today had it not been for her. She thinks outside the box and treats her patients as individuals with their unique set of medical issues. Sometimes you will wait a while in her office before you are seen, but believe me its worth the wait. Remember time is not important when your not well. She needs to spend the necessary time required depending on the patients needs. All I can say if you are lucky enough to have her as your doctor count your blessings. She may not be able to cure your medical problem, but be certain she will give you 110 percent in finding ways for you to manage. Respectfully Nina Dolman

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I don't understand the negative reviews below because I have had very good experiences with that doctor. I find her to be very compassionate, caring and helpful. Even though her schedule is often very tight, she always takes the time necessary to answer my questions and reassure me. Yes, she may seem a bit cold and distant but that is just the way she is. Try being nice to her and see what happens! But we can't get along with everyone so if you feel she is not a good doctor for you, keep searching for another one but my point here is that she can be a very nice person and she is definitely knowledgeable enough to get you the medication you need.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Shortest wait time was 1 1/2 hours, longest was over 3. For monthly appointments that lasted on average 5 minutes with the Doctor. Never took the time to answer questions- told me to google it. Felt like a number, a thing.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I have had nothing but bad experiences with her. I am very patient with drs, but she is rude, unsympathetic and down right nasty. I found her to be very two sided, one appointment she would order all these tests and be very worried and the next time it was just my fault and nothing was wrong I was "imagining" it. I gave her several chances, but I am fed up and done. She is always late, and always has like 6 patients booked at 8am, so she runs late all day!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

The staff is very helpful and polite. I usually don't wait more than 30 minutes to see Dr. Humphrey which is excellent. I rated 4 for helpfulness because although she seems very knowledgeable, she doesn't take the time to discuss the situation and alternatives with the patient. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't take my condition as seriously as she should. She spends a lot of time with the interns and speaks mostly with them and barely with the patient. However, when I am able to stop her from running out of the room and ask my questions, she always takes the time necessary to answer all of them and it is obvious that she is very knowledgeable. She knows what she is doing but if you have questions or concerns, don't wait for her to ask you how you are feeling - just tell her. Recently, I went to see her for a flare up and she was able to help me by prescribing meds that relieved me quickly. Overall, I would say that she is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I waited 1 1/2 to 3 hrs for appt. each time and saw her for a very short period of time. Spent most of time with residents. Not sympathetic or helpful. Told me to see her if I had flare up but she was unavailable. She was unablt to help me at all and contradicted other Dr diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

J'ai rencontré docteure Humphrey deux fois à ce jour au campus Riverside de l'Hôpital d'Ottawa et jusqu'à présent, je l'ai trouvée super. Les employés à l'accueil et les infirmières sont très gentils et compétents. Presque tout le personnel est bilingue ainsi que docteure Humphrey qui offre ses consultations autant en français qu'en anglais. Elle est à l'heure dans ses rendez-vous et a même accepté de me voir quand je suis arrivée en retard à un de mes rendez-vous. Elle a pris le temps nécessaire pour répondre à toutes mes questions et est très compétente. Elle pose les bonnes questions afin de poser un diagnostic précis. Elle peut sembler froide au début, mais elle est tout simplement professionnelle. Elle s'avère être facile d'approche et très aimable. Bref, je la recommande à tous!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012