Ratings for Dr. S Kusenthiran

Dr. Kusenthiran has been my GP for over 5 years. I'm a healthy and active 36 year old female. I like Dr. K a lot and have recommend her to friends. Dr. K has a really nice bedside manner and is very approachable about potentially embarrassing topics. She always takes time to listen to my concerns and responds appropriately. She is conservative when prescribing medication, paying close attention to potential drug interactions and on occasion refusing to prescribe antibiotics because she believed them to be unnecessary (and she was right.) She is LGBTQ friendly, though not particularly knowledgeable of queer health issues, she creates a welcoming and non-judgmental space. I feel fortunate to have Dr. K as my GP.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

She doesn't listen to me refuses to perform certain test that I requested. She keeps saying "you are too young to have this illness." My cousin, whose also her patient has the same issues. Her solution to everything is a prescription.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

she is very knowledgeable. She takes care of both my elderly parents. Takes time to answer all our questions

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. K is my family doctor. I have moved to Ajax and finding it difficult commuting to Toronto for my check-ups, so I was looking to switch doctors closer to home. I am not sure where all the negative reviews are coming from, but she has been great with me and both my elderly parents. She is confident and caring. As for the staff, its a huge clinic and the staff up front work for all the doctors on the floor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I feel violated. Kusenthiran's staff wont even make eye contact with you from the moment you walk through the door - they know she is troubled and deserves revocation of her license. She will come at you with angry, accusatory conflict, from the moment you walk through the door - you are in HER world, and normal rules of order and respect no longer apply. If you ask her help to weigh in on a medical decision or prescription choice, she will flat out tell you that all options are the same and there are no important side effects to consider ( sure, from the perspective of her monthly billing and paycheque, its all the f*cking same thing I guess). She will send you away to decide on your own time, book another appointment when youve done your own medical research and she will bill twice. I think she has Mother issues as she seems to regress to a bitter, frightened little girl. Just dont let her touch you, or remove, or replace your IUD, and for god sake dont let her circumsize your baby ( apparently a service she specializes in). Totally callous barbarian. Save yourself the violation of dealing with this toxic little number!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I am a 55 year old female that has had a fair number of surgeries and come from a family that has history of several serious and chronic illnesses. Over the years I have come to know my body very well .... As I have lived in it for 55 years. My previous family doctor had retired, our family had relocated cities and I was faced with having to find a new doctor. I located a wonderful clinic and was placed with her. First impressions were cold and arrogant. Her arrogance was confirmed on several occasions, when I told her that I was very unhappy with services. She referred me to a hand surgeon, when requesting an abdominal specialist. She never follows up. She blames the patient. She bullies by suggesting that there is no way the patient could know anything....without even knowing the patient. Has her face buried in the computer screen rather than view the patient and making a visual assessment. Prescribes what she wants...even after other medications are much more effective, and less harmful. Is passively aggressive when approached to discuss some issues with her level of care and compassion. Very dissatisfied with her and find her arrogance unbearable. Would not recommend her to anyone. She is not a reflection of the competence of the other practioners that work from the Albany Clinic - and she could learn many lessons, in care and compassion from some of the other doctors I have seen at the clinic.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Kusenthiran had been cold from the start, I did not have much say in choosing a family doctor since I was young and with a parent at the time. Now that I am a young adult she treats me with little to no respect. I wanted birth control and had to do all the research on my own and when I asked her for her advice she said there wasn't much to say about different types of birth control. I have no medical history so I get concerned about what I am taking but she was not interested in listening to my concerns. I feel like there was more information I needed to know but was being kept in the dark, barely having a good understanding on how to maintain my health being a woman. She makes me feel insecure and unable to ask the right question without being judged.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

IMO, Dr. Kusenthiran has the makings of a script pushing doc. When she was on holiday's I hurt my back & went to a walk - in clinic where attend doc gave me muscle relaxants. When Kusenthrian returned from holiday I went to update her on my status & without asking me specifics, she prescribed me a narcotic. I didn't request it nor did I even know of it's addictive qualities. After I filled prescription I researched the effects and didn't take the drug (I still have in my closet since...)! When I pointed this out ie. relaxants vs. narcotics she IMMEDIATELY told me, I'm documenting that you asked for more pills, which isn't true. After this she gave me another narcotic 'script (which I filled out and still have...) because she said to give it a try. She also said that I didn't follow through with a chiropractor and when I explained I couldn't afford the $75 upfront, non-covered fee, she immediately said, 'I meant physiotherapy.' It seems she 'lords' her Doc status over us 'peons' - patients. IMO she's strange. I asked her if I asked her to fill out a form where I could apply for (disability/back) & she said she would but it wouldn't be worth it because she wouldn't 'rate' my need high enough. She asked me (dismissively), Do you want me to refer you to a psychiatrist? Just out of the blue...out of left field. Dr. Kusenthiran 'people skills' are strange. IMO she has entitlement complex too. I will change docs

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. S Kusenthiran is not a physician anyone should opt for. She is dismissive, cold, ignorant and has treated me very poorly as a patient. She has wrongfully diagnosed, and treated my illnesses with multiple pharmaceutical prescriptions, despite having noted literature from the pharmacy warning against use based on my chronic health diseases. She has also prescribed things that are not available or known by the pharmacy's I've visited. I have never filled any of her prescriptions. She has neglected my health concerns, leading me to a walk in clinic multiple times for second opinions. After being denied an iron test, I visited a walk in clinic to find out my iron levels were 13 out of a 80-100 normal range. I was denied a referral to an OB/GYN despite having multiple abnormal paps, and detected blood in my urine for months. She told me to come back when I wasn't on my period. I never was. These are only a few examples. This physician should have her license revoked due to malpractice.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Unfortunately Dr. Kusenthiran is very cold and dismissive. When I tell her my concerns she brushes them off and doesn't even take notes. I switched to her recently because I wanted a female family doctor to do the pap tests but I'm going to be looking for a new doctor now.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014