Ratings for Dr. Yuri Mark Edward Power

When I was in the hospital Dr power was always there. Eventhough he didn't really listen to you and assumed a lot of things, he wasn't as bad as for me being an outpatient. As soon as I left he would not return phone calls to my other doctors and my therapists. I was suppose to have a follow up and I still haven't had it. That was for 4 months ago...

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr. Power is #1 in my books. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for him!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Excellent Doctor he really gets it and is willing to listen to you!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Very compassionate, he follows his patients and works with them to find the right medications. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Treat and street. That is Dr. Power's mantra. He rushes to make a diagnosis. Then, he medicates for what he thinks is wrong with the patient. He is inaccurate. His mental status exam is a joke. My guess is that 100% of his patients who forced to take Seroquel and Effexor. After the forced medication, there is no after care. There is no one to talk to in the Hospital. The outpatient treatment is just a medicaiton review. What is wrong with talk therapy? Giving drugs alone was done in the 1950s. What works is someone who will listen. Then, start giving medication in smaller doses until the patient adjusts to it. Maybe is goal is to snow the patient with drugs to make less work. Strange--you never see a psychiatrist on the ward actually talking to patients. Unfortunately, the people of Western Newfoundland are not being served well by this doctor. He should be replaced.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I felt dr. Power talks to you like an equal. I felt very comfortable talking to him. He suggested a course of treatment that other doctors wouldn't. I feel I will get the help I need from him

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I think Dr Power is amazing !!! He listens to me and tells me his point of view on it all and really helps me find who I truly am. When he suggests a medication , he is very respectful when I tell him I would just want to stick with what I was taking. He is understanding and very kind and a very smart man. When everyone else wanted me drugged up on meds, he was trying to get me off of them. I love Dr power and I think he's fabulous ! I wouldn't go to anyone else !!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I believe Dr Power is too fast to medicate. He over medicated me from the start which I had to self reduce as he would not listen to my point of view and recognize my zombie drugged state. Since self medicating, using way less drugs, I have witnessed vast improvements. I now am under another doctors care in St. John's.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Power is an excellent psychiatrist. He informs patients about about their provisional diagnosis and his planned course of treatment. He even provides to patients books from his own medical library. He does listen to his patients--I have read his clinical notes and he charts exactly what is said to him along with his own impressions. Patients must remember that the treatment of medical illness is 95 percent art and 5 percent science. This doctors art was developed by his training and his experience as a doctor. He has an excellent command of the science involved. Western Newfoundland would be well served if the Province would hire more psychiatrists just as well trained as is Dr Power. His diagnosis and treatment of me was excellent! I have a doctorate degree in another field and I know a good physician when I see him or her. Do exactly what this doctor tells you and you will have an excellent outcome.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

hhhmmmmm as a comment id like to mention Psychiatrist Dr Loren Mosher's Soteria Project and if Dr Power would consider the proven facts from this project done in the USA by caring professionals as a model for future treatment for patients labeled with schizophrenia. Since it was proven in this project that patients labeled with schizophrenia improved vastly living in a compassionate caring prescription drug free environment as apposed to their counterparts that were drugged with prescription psychiatric drugs and the outcome for those individuals was no where near as positive or helpful. I feel a drug free compassionate environment should be a priority in health care. What does a person have really if they don't have compassion understanding and respect shown to them.Several professionals agree that a drug free treatment approach is far superior and yields much better outcomes that use of prescription drugs.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014