Ratings for Dr. Yuri Mark Edward Power

Very reasonable, did not push pills. Understanding and polite.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr power, is a horrable doctor and should be replaced! I have a sister who was dealing with a mental illness really bad and he put her on a drug that was a danger to her Heath and was practicaly sadationg her! Slept all day and ate every hour and couldn't function cause she was so sadated!!!! The bastard aprroved her to go back to school like that and she couldn't even lift a book and missed so many classes due to sadation! Soooo as big sister I said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I got her to go see another doctor to see if she was on the right drugs and I knew she wasn't )

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Power is kind, compassionate and goes the extra mile for his patients. He is a fabulous psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Have not felt this good in 20 years, Dr. Power has set me on the right medication treatment plan. He is so genuine, compassionate, understanding & helpful. Can't thank him enough, finally I have a life!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

When I was in the hospital Dr power was always there. Eventhough he didn't really listen to you and assumed a lot of things, he wasn't as bad as for me being an outpatient. As soon as I left he would not return phone calls to my other doctors and my therapists. I was suppose to have a follow up and I still haven't had it. That was for 4 months ago...

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr. Power is #1 in my books. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for him!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Excellent Doctor he really gets it and is willing to listen to you!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Very compassionate, he follows his patients and works with them to find the right medications. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Treat and street. That is Dr. Power's mantra. He rushes to make a diagnosis. Then, he medicates for what he thinks is wrong with the patient. He is inaccurate. His mental status exam is a joke. My guess is that 100% of his patients who forced to take Seroquel and Effexor. After the forced medication, there is no after care. There is no one to talk to in the Hospital. The outpatient treatment is just a medicaiton review. What is wrong with talk therapy? Giving drugs alone was done in the 1950s. What works is someone who will listen. Then, start giving medication in smaller doses until the patient adjusts to it. Maybe is goal is to snow the patient with drugs to make less work. Strange--you never see a psychiatrist on the ward actually talking to patients. Unfortunately, the people of Western Newfoundland are not being served well by this doctor. He should be replaced.

Submitted July 18, 2016

I felt dr. Power talks to you like an equal. I felt very comfortable talking to him. He suggested a course of treatment that other doctors wouldn't. I feel I will get the help I need from him

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015