Ratings for Dr. Eliane Shore

Anyone that has written anything negative about Dr. Shore most certainly has the wrong doctor - she is extremely skilled, caring and professional. Yes you may have to wait awhile to see her but it's only because she takes the full amount of time that she needs with each patient rather than kicking you out after the usual allotted 15 min. If you have questions or concerns she will spend the time with you to explain everything and even provide diagrams. I am thrilled that I was referred to her and would recommend anyone (sister, mother, friends) to go to her. She put me at ease with my hysterectomy decision and even held my hand before my surgery. I had a fairly complicated case with very large, multiple fibroids and she was able to perform the surgery laparoscopically which greatly cut down on the recovery time and pain for me. I was very impressed by the entire team and care that I received at St. Mike's.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Shore by my GP because of the size and location of my uterine fibroids. She provided me with a diagnosis and information to determine if surgical removal of the fibroids was right for me and explained the procedure and risks. There was careful planning to ensure I received the best possible treatment to respect my religious and personal beliefs. My surgery went well and I had a smooth recovery because of Dr.Shore, she displays a wonderful balance of efficiency and compassion.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I have many heartfelt thanks to Dr. Shore for her proper and prompt treatment, and especially for her kind comfort and encouragement rendered me during my pregnancies. I am so fortunate to have her as my OB doctor. She has superb skills on C-section. By the last few days before the due date of my first baby, my previous OB doctor told me that I need an elective caesarean because my baby was still in breech position and he had to leave for his own surgery. His sudden introduction of Dr. Shore made me incredibly nervous. Luckily, the first meeting with Dr. Shore was great. She impressed me that she was so knowledgeable and confident about her profession. The operation went so well, her group gave me much care physically and mentally. I honestly felt my recovery from the surgery was a breeze. It was quick without any complication. When I knew I got pregnant again, I chose Dr. Shore as my OB doctor without hesitation. With frequent visits, I found she is very patient. Although she did not report every details about my pregnancy, she always actively offered me the chances to ask her questions and she would answer them clearly in an easy to understand format. My second baby delivery with her was actually quite a pleasant experience. Everything went smoothly, and my little girl came out safe and healthy. If I have a chance to get pregnant again, I will definitely go back to her. I really appreciate and respect her!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Needs to reassess her bedside manner. If you can be clinical about her unexplainable desire to carve our your reproductive anatomy she is the doctor for you. If you are looking for a doctor capable of compassion and empathy you'd be better of with Frankenstein's monster at your bedside.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Eliane Shore for two years and I would highly recommend her. She was very professional, knowledgeable and very caring. She was very thorough in her explanations and took her time with me. I had to wait a half hour before I saw her but it was worth the wait! Some patients need to look to the government for their complaints.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Worst doctor ever. She is always running behind schedule. I have to wait for at least 45 minutes every time

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I've been waiting over 4 months for my first appointment. She was late 45 min. The follow up meeting she invited me 2 hours later then it was appointed that day. And I took a day off work just to see her that day. The other patient of her had to reschedule, as she was waiting too long . She 's unfair to some of her patients and unsympathetic. Didn't explain me my results. She printed my results only after I requested. Said that we don't have to meet again. Well I didn't want to see her neither after that kind of care. I'm looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I suffered from very heavy bleeding caused by an abnormal fibroid for over a year and after many pointless visits to a different hospital, I was assigned to Dr. Elaine Shore in St. Michael’s. She was extremely professional, knowledgeable and punctual and performed my hysterectomy in November. I can easily say that she saved my life as I was at the edge. My recovery was very smooth and fast. I highly recommend Dr. Shore!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Poor experience. Agree with previous posts. Extremely rude and cold. I have no idea why people like her. Left me scared and feeling like crying

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

This doctor was unprofessional and has a cold personality. I would not recommend, especially for the type of treatments she is performing, I would like to have someone kind to help me.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016