Ratings for Dr. Cheryl Smits

Dr. Smits was the doctor on call at the hospital when I had my baby, she was wonderful! After having my baby girl she came and checked on us in our room for the 2 days we stayed and instead of us driving to the office in the freezing cold and stormy weather after leaving the hospital she personally came to my room for my daughters 48 hour check up. Would definetley recommend Dr. Smits to anyone and she will definetley be my OB for future pregnancies!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Dr Smits is amazing! She really listens to you and she is very knowledgeable. She always give great advice and she is very gentle and profesional. I am so happy to be able to have her as our family physician!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Rude staff. Dr Smits is awesome. Takes time to listen.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

The only thing that really bothers me is your not allowed to use their washroom. I find that absolutely ridiculous:/

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Smits saved my daughter's life. I was measuring small near the end of my pregnancy, so she ordered an ultrasound. Everything was normal. Two weeks later, I was still measuring small and even though the last ultrasound was normal, she sent me for another one. I didn't think they would find anything different but they found that I had low fluid and calcification in my placenta. The OB on scene requested me to be induced and my baby girl was delivered the following afternoon (by Dr. Smits) after the hospital found more problems. I truly believe my daughter would have died if Dr. Smits didn't request the second ultrasound.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr. Smits is a great doctor who has aken care of my family for the last few years. She has helped both my parents and brother through various issues and is very thorough in her analysis and treatment of patients. As mentioned in other comments the front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired but since it is a shared clinic I do not fault Dr. Smits for this.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Smits is a wonderful family doctor who truly cares about her patients. Most of my family are with Dr. Smits and other than punctuality our experience has always been positive.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Front staff leaves something to be desired. I only saw Dr Smits once and then Dr Moxily placed my IUD. They were very knowledgeable. However, front desk staff were rude.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Very ignorant &shouldn't be an on call for maternity ward at Vic Hospital.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Excellent Doctor, provides excellent care - which understandably takes time. Wait times are outrageous.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016