Ratings for Dr. Amany Makar

Dr. Makar has been my families doctor for about 10 years. She is so friendly and warm, unfortunately I have been looking for a new Dr. for the past year due to her staff. Her staff is just brutal. I hate to have to start seeing someone else because I really do like her and I think she is a wonderful Dr. but her staff has just made it so unbearable to go there. From minor issues like making an apt and going in for said apt and they tell you that you don't have one and then blame other staff members for the mistake even though it was them. When I take my son, they continuously refer to him by his middle name after repeatedly being corrected and told his first name! My daughter was supposed to be sent for an allergy test because she suffers greatly with allergies and it has now been 6 months, with 3 reminders and still nothing. My son was sent for his and the appointments where to made at the same time. To pretty major things like, my son needs surgery and it took 2 months and 4 phone calls to get the staff to make an apt. We went to said apt yesterday and this Dr. has nothing to do with what my son needs and was extremely confused as to why we were sent to him. I explained my Dr. office's staff and their incompetence and that Dr. went out of his way to help us. He found us a surgeon and sent the referral all within 10 minutes and we now have an apt 2 days later with a surgeon! If you can past the staff there, Dr. Makar is a wonderful. friendly, intelligent women but if its something serious your going for and she instructs her staff to get things done for you, be aware!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Excellent doctor Patient and companionate Easy to talk to. Great bedside manners Efficient staff and very nice, smiling all the time.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Dr. Makar has been taking care of me for 4 years. Her medical knowledge is second to none. She has always taken the time to listen and help me with my concerns. It's very true that she has no interest in patients who waste her time, particularly those who won't vaccinate, or take medications she prescribes, which for me is a bonus to see her, it shows that she puts science above all. She is very compassionate and always gives me a chance to make payments for tests or treatments or to pay for paperwork that i can't always affor up front. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Makar.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr. Amany Makar is very helpful, kind and amazing. She always listened to me. Thank you Dr. Makar.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I gave Dr. Amany Makar above 5 stars because she is very helpful and kind to me. (SDS)

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Great doctor! Always willing to help. She is knowledgeable and very kind person.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

If you can find another Dr, don't take the chance to see this doctor, more like a business woman!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Too greedy for money Wouldn't conduct tests unless you pay her :( not satisfied

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I am a regular patient with dr Makar for more than 2 years , I am really pleased with her and her service as a good family physician , recently I heard from a friend of mine who was looking for a new family doctor as her doctor was retired and I recommended dr. Makar for her that she saw a bad review about her in this site ( which I did not know anything about it till now ) , I opened this site and read all the reviews were made about my dr. and I saw this only one bad review about her which I totally disagree with - based on my long experience with her - , the person who wrote this review must has or had an issue with dr. makar as he is judging her personality and even her heart !! I think this is totally wrong and inappropriate .. I did see the care ( both professionally and personally ) from her , she is very nice and caring and I really like her and trust her with my self and my kids .

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I read good comments about Dr. Amany Makar, therefore, I tried to meet her since I needed a good doctor. She is ok the first time you see her. However, when you get to know her, she is hysterical, she has no patience at all, is very un-cooperative and a woman with a lot of anger inside that comes out at the first opportunity. I could not understand why I had read so many good things about this lady! She must have personal problems. That is not a reason to take it with the patients. I, also, think she has a very bad heart since I was very sick and she was very cruel and non understanding of my pain and suffering. Bad doctor and bad person! Do not even go to see her since you do not know when the badness is going to put up of her heart!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015