Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Faught

Appreciated what Dr. Faught has done for my husband. Tanks

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Faught for the last year regarding Lumphona. During that time she has initiated the necessary treatment and personally monitored and followed up the results. I found her to be personable, friendly and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Faught has been taking care of me since 2015 for my stage 4 B cell diffuse non Hodgkin's lymphoma. She tells it like it is and doesn't beat around the bush. At first I wasn't used to her honesty and quick appointments but I quickly realized that she is a cancer Dr. She is amazing at what she does, She puts my mind at ease with all my questions and panic moments.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Faught took care of my husband when he presented with stage 4 Mantle cell lymphoma in 2011. She is a straight forward person which I appreciated, was very good and kind to my husband. I want to hear things for what they are so she was the right person for his care. In situations when things were rough she went over and above and listened to us. Her staff was exceptional and very kind.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

If you are a 80+ yr Ontario senior who drives a car, and it’s pivotal part of your independence, think very hard before getting admitted into her care. Currently you are subjected to a very simple cognitive test (draw a clock with the time) . After she gets your license suspended you will face a much tougher cognitive/dementia test and have to redo your driving test. Something no other senior has to go through. My 83 year old mom was her patient at Bruyere rehab after surgery to fix a broken hip . First thing she did was report her to the Ministry of Transportation so that she lost her license. For her it was a quick/simple letter. To reverse it is a nightmare for my mom (and myself who serves as her taxi driver). She does everything on her own at home (cook, clean, laundry) and can walk through entire supermarket without a cane or walker and can climb stairs. She reads the newspaper. She is of sound mind-- except is now demoralized because the Dr has revoked the independence provided by a car. My mom is a hard-working and did everything she could do to get out f the bed and mobile again instead of commending her, this Doctor wrote on her discharge papers that she is impulsive—a negative! I get the impression that she wants her to play the role of sedated feeble old senior. The wing at Bruyere was for broken hips (I think) – approx. 50 patients—and I never heard any moans of pain. To me this means the good Doctor is very liberal when ratcheting up pain and other drugs—especially at night to make sure everyone “sleeps tight”. My mom got a nitro patch, the max dose 4g of Tylenol and mild narcotic. Upon coming home she ditched them all (the wall-in clinic doc said the narcotic can cause dementia) and is feeling better and breathing better at night. I don’t question her medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

De Faught has been aptly described by those who say she is robotic and condescending. She treated my elderly mother with increasing doses of hydroxyurea eventhough the drug would not reduce her platelets. Alter five years, mother had lost her sense of taste , much of her hair fell out, she got problems with her toenails but worst of all, she was feeling so awfully depressed and lethargic that it broke our heart to see her so miserable and lethargic. Last time we discussed this with her, all she could say was that if mother would not take the hydroxyurea, there was nothing she could do for us. Mother stopped her medication( mom's family doctor agreed ) . Off the medication, her quality of life improved 100%. Her last five years were so much better than the five years of before . discounted side- effects of the drug hydroxurea

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

She is the worse person I have met in the past 40 years. I would not even call her a doctor. She is rude and condescending to her patients. She approaches her profession as superior and plastic. A robot for sure.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

She was not helpful to my brother despite his serious condition.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr Faught has always been personable and caring. My husband has had her as his hematologist for 6 years since the onset of his cancer. Her staff have been ready to help answer questions or to act right away on a need. She has been supportive through the years and knowledgeable when difficulties arose. Our many thanks to her and the staff for being there.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Faught since 1999 and cannot say enough good things about her or the hematology department in Ottawa. I transferred from Kingston and have not regretted that decision. My tumor was picked up quickly and was no more than 18 cm when treated.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013