Ratings for Dr. Joseph Ajaka

Cosmos is a production line; nothing more. I had two surgeries; lipo and a touch up 7 months later. The first treatment left me with lopsided stomach, so I needed a touch up (which I had today). This isn't why I have rated Ajaka so poorly, but more because of his manner. Once you pay, they don't give a crap about you. Before the surgery I was asking about the compression garment, how to wear it, for how long etc - he was getting annoyed and said 'we will tell you after the surgery'. I said I'd be too groggy from the happy gas to remember to ask then but he didn't pay attention. He started carving into me as soon as I started the happy gas and I could feel it and it hurt - so I said so - he kept saying to the nurse - oh the patient must be wrong, it's just pressure, he can't feel the needle - well I wasn't lying and it was excruciating for about 10 mins. I was jolting and he just got annoyed. He obviously didn't want to wait the extra time for the numbing to work. Of course, when the surgery was over, he couldn't be found and I had no one to ask about the compression garment I should have been wearing. I literally just got up, dressed and walked myself out. I said to my partner (waiting in the waiting room) that Dr Ajaka was disrespectful, rude and was annoyed because I asked about the garment - the impression I got was that I was wasting his time and he made it clear. Additionally, when the surgery was over, I found myself coming to naked lying on a bed - it was freezing and there was nothing but a thin sheet left for me. They changed the appointment time twice on the actual day of the surgery to accommodate another patient -- the asian nurse let slip that someone before me decided to have extra work done at the last minute so I was left waiting until 4.15 after my 3 0 clock appointment. I hadn't eaten since 6am (as instructed ) so I was feeling terribly tired and sick. Cosmos is too rushed, too busy and too concerned with money to do anymore than the bare minimum. I need a caring doctor not someone who carves into you before the anaesthesia has taken full effect and be told 'oh you can't be feeling pain'. Seriously, the fact that there are so many excellent reviews makes me suspicious of their source.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I highly recommend Dr Ajaka for anyone who is considering vaser liposuction. I am a 29 year old woman who recently underwent vaser lipo on my arms, upper and lower back, flanks and inner thighs. From my very first consultation, I found Dr Ajaka to be incredibly honest in what could be achieved and what I could expect from my results. I was well informed throughout the entire process (from pre-surgery to post surgery) and Dr Ajaka really took the time to check in on me through my post recovery period. He has excellent attention to detail and spends a lot of time making sure that he creates a shape that you are happy with. He is also a really lovely genuine person who makes you feel very comfortable, listens to your concerns and is a true perfectionist who wants to make sure that you are happy. At the end of the day, I walked into my procedure with a lot of confidence because I felt as though Dr Ajaka and his team were the right people for the job. The rest of the staff at Cosmos are absolutely fantastic and overall I couldn’t be happier with the results that Dr Ajaka has achieved for my body. It has given me so much confidence and I am so glad I chose Cosmos Clinic. I have since been to Cosmos for other procedures and I am still warmly greeted by the lovely people who took care of me during my vaser lipo experience. I’m a very satisfied and happy client and have actually referred a few of my closest friends to Dr Ajaka for their cosmetic procedures. I trust him and his team with my body and you should too.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

My surgery time got changed at the last minute, and my results are awful! Lumps and dents all over my tummy! I can never get through to him on the phone. I honestly look worse than before my liposuction! Don't buy into his BS!

Submitted May 28, 2016

I underwent Vaser Liposuction on my chest to combat male gynecomastia (where the breast gland is bigger than normal). Since puberty, this has been an issue for me that has affect my self esteem, lifestyle choices (feeling uncomfortable at the beach) and my wardrobe options (not being able to wear certain shirts as it was more visible). At the beginning of 2016, I decided to make the decision to arrange a consultation with Dr Joseph Ajaka. Before this I had never had any cosmetic work done and was feeling a little nervous. My nerves where soon calmed upon arriving at the Cosmos Clinic in Double Bay. The staff where very friendly and welcoming. Dr Joseph Ajaka greeted me and went through the pros and cons of the surgery, showed me exactly how he would do it and what outcome I could achieve. Instantly, I felt comfortable and confident that he would be the Dr to do my surgery. He left me plenty of time to awnser any questions I had and was very happy and attentive to awnser. I booked my surgery afew days after and before I knew it, I was at the Clinic again for surgery. The day of surgery; the staff where friendly and did everything to make me feel calm and relaxed. Surgery was over before I knew it and the staff continued to look after me in recovery until I was fit to leave. The follow up appointments and the aftercare support the Clinc has given me has been amazing. I can now comfortably take off my shirt, wear any style of shirt and over all have a boosted self esteem. Thank you Dr Joseph Ajaka and the Cosmos Clinic team for giving me an amazing result!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I can’t recommend Dr Ajaka and his team highly enough. I got laser lipo on my tummy and love handles after many years trying to change my shape at the gym. I am young and healthy and enjoy working out but couldn’t shift the fat around my mid section. Since having the lipo I now feel like more like me when I look in the mirror, Im more confident in myself and feel and am absolutely thrilled with my new shape. Dr Ajaka and his team were never pushy and i never felt pressured or like I was getting a generic sales pitch. His team are kind, friendly and prompt and a pleasure to deal with. They are very supportive and provide great care before, during and after procedure.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

January marks one year since my first surgery and I could not be happier with my results! I have struggled with my body and was extremely self conscious my whole life and had tried every diet program and fitness craze on the market, but found I still had problem areas that would not budge and it made me miserable. I finally made the decision to approached the Doctors at Cosmos Clinic in 2015. Arriving at the clinic for the first time it was hard to believe actual surgeries go on there. It is so tranquil in its subtle location in Double Bay and is very warm and inviting overall. It really does feel more like a day spa then a surgical clinic and that significantly helped with the nerves! Having had liposuction in several areas, botox injections and a fat transfer to my buttocks, I have had the pleasure of experiencing the phenomenal support and aftercare provided by all members of the staff for various procedures. The doctors, nurses and admin staff alike are all very gentle, knowledgable and exceptionally caring. The amazing team of super friendly staff made every visit a pleasant one, from my initial consult to post surgery aftercare and all enquiry visits, phone calls and emails in between. The surgeons really take everything into consideration and want you to have the best and most natural looking results possible. Dr Kishida happily included my side boobs when doing lipo on my arms and upper back and my banana rolls when completing my fat transfer to further emphasis my buttocks, whereas Dr Ajaka gave me beautiful definition through my abdominals. Amazing results! Although I had my doubts, I really did feel the final results past the 8 month mark as advised by the surgeons. Although I did see immediate results within the first 6wks, my silhouette became more defined and sculpted with every passing month. Although I was initially drawn to other surgeries by the allure of cheaper procedures, I am SO grateful I went with my gut instinct and chose Cosmos instead. Nothing could compare to the treatment, staff and aftercare provided by this team of friendly professionals. I cannot speak highly enough about the staff and the Cosmos Clinic. I would recommend Cosmos Clinic to all individuals who are considering taking the next step to better themselves. My results have given me a well over due confidence boost and have helped motivate me into a much healthier lifestyle. I couldn’t have done it without you Cosmos! It has completely transformed my life for the better. From the bottom of my heart, thank you my modern day fairy godparents!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I underwent Vaser Liposuction on my inner thighs, outer thighs, lower stomach and flanks at Cosmos Clinic in Double Bay in September 2015 with Dr Joseph Ajaka. Approximately 3.5 litres was removed from these areas during a 2-3 hour surgery. I could not shift the fat from these areas no matter how much I exercised, or how low my weight dropped. For me, Vaser was my only option to attain the figure I desired. I specifically selected Cosmos Clinic for the procedure as Dr Ajaka trained under the surgeon who created the Vaser method. Dr Ajaka also regularly appears on television current affairs programs providing advice on cosmetic procedures. Admittedly, I was in quite a bit of pain for the first couple of weeks following the surgery, however, the team at Cosmos Clinic provided excellent after care. I was very well looked after – Dr Ajaka gave me his personal mobile number and told me to call any time, I would usually receive a response to any email queries I had within 2-3 hours and the nurses were very diligent in monitoring my recovery. I also underwent several complimentary lymphatic drainage massages which helped move the fluid and ease the swelling. Nearly four months on, I am incredibly pleased with the result. The shape of my inner thighs and stomach, in particular, has noticeably changed and, as a consequence, my body confidence has skyrocketed. I highly recommend Cosmos Clinic and Dr Joseph Ajaka. I will definitely continue to use Cosmos Clinic for all of my future cosmetic needs.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

I had completed my gynecomastia surgery 6 weeks ago today and can just say that it was worth every dollar I spent! I am 21 and was unsure about the procedure for years, I decided to see Dr. Joseph ajaka about it and he ran me throw the whole procedure and made me completely comfortable about it, booked the surgery for the following week and was a good speedy recovery with instant results! All staff at Cosmos clinic is so nice and friendly and I highly recommend visiting them for your next procedure

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015