Ratings for Dr. Joseph Ajaka

I had vaser lipo surgery and a revision surgery about 2 weeks ago to remove a tad more fat around my flanks. I did the revision surgery just on gas and I thought it went really well. I was up and walking around as soon as I left the clinic. There was no real downtime for me - the only requirement was that I needed to wear the compression garment again for two weeks (which comes off tomorrow!). On the very odd occasion , I felt a slight discomfort but that was because I had stopped inhaling the happy gas. Dr Ajaka and the whole team were amazing the whole time - they were so attentive and I never doubted the process for a minute. As long as you listen to instructions, and take care of yourself, then you will find that the process is far easier than you could imagine. Cosmos are a great team of doctors and nurses, and i've recommended my best friends to their clinic for all their cosmetic services. Thanks again Dr Ajaka (and team).

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Ajaka and the staff at Cosmos clinic made my liposuction experience a totally positive one! Everything went safely! The staff were very helpful and were there to care for me during liposuction and also for weeks after during the healing process. The best part for me were the results!!! I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery and pretty much have gone back to having the body i had in my early 20's =) and have winded the clock back years! My story: I decided to get liposuction on my stomach, waist and arms when i turned about 28. Everyone i knew was telling me to stop being silly and to just go to the gym. I am really glad i didn't listen to them though because I was REALLY finding it was just impossible to lose weight on the specific areas that were bothering me, my abdominal area, waist and the hanging fat under my arms. I decided to just take the plunge and get surgery. I did a bit of research and remember thinking that it would be possible to go to overseas to get it done in Thailand, but then one day I was talking to a hairdresser that i found out was Thai and asked her about it and she warned me not to. She said that those cheap holiday surgery deals can get you in big trouble because some dodgey practitioners take out a kidney or more and you can wake up in a bath of ice like some of those horror stories that you see in the movies... So i decided that no, i am not going to get the cheapest deal around because this is MY BODY! Its not like buying a car that you can take to a mechanic, once you have screwed up your surgery you will regret it forever!!! I realised it would be safer to get a surgeon in Sydney. I am very glad i did too because i did not realise how much after care was involved! It isn't just about getting the fat out and your right to go! There is much more involved!!! I am glad I chose Cosmos clinic becuase they also provide aftercare for your surgery. This included massage to get my skin re attached, compression garments that aid the healing process and stop swelling and infection, ultrasound that speeds up healing, PRP that helps with scarred tissue, etc. I am now really glad that i did my surgery in Sydney because i cannot imagine how i would have had all of that help if i would have done it the fast dangerous way overseas!!! I found Dr Ajaka to be very switched on when it came to understanding what i wanted to get out of the surgery. I explained to him that i wanted to get a totally flat stomach and pinched in waist like i had when i was 21 and he did deliver! =) I am really happy with my body now and cant wait to go to the beach in my bikini!!! He did take the fat out of all of the areas i wanted and now i can feel the muscle directly underneath my skin. The surgery for me had no concerning complications. I remember being in the operating room and the staff knew what they were doing with the anaesthetic and the surgery process and medications etc etc, so that was really good. It was safe! Then the aftercare was the hardest part for me because of the pain but that is something you will have to deal with when you get surgery so you just have to deal with that, but i got there. It has been about 8 weeks now since the surgery and everyone at work is surprised at how much weight ive lost hehe. Cant stop looking in the mirror. But yeah i do recommend Dr Ajaka and Cosmos clinic, if your thinking about it, i DO recommend them, and ill be going back for mole removal soon, so positive review for me and I am happy that i did it =) !!! Please do yourself a favor and treat this as an investment and actually take yourself to a decent doctor because you do not want to take risks with something as important as your own body! I dont want anyone else out there having regrets! Its really worth the money to have it done right so that you make it safely out of the other side. =) I cant stop looking in the mirror haha! Oooh wow !!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

The entire staff at Cosmos Clinic are all true professionals. I had gyno surgery and vaser liposuction done at the same time. The results surpass all my expectations! Thank you Dr. Joseph "Magic Hands" Ajaka!

Submitted August 19, 2016

I am getting married soon and decided to address my double chin, after a lot of research I decided to book in at Cosmos Clinic in Sydney. I met with Dr Ajaka for my initial consultation and he explained everything extremely well. Just to add all of the staff at Cosmos (nurses/ receptionist are amazing, very helpful and friendly and happy to answer all questions). On the day of my procedure I was quite nervous but the nurses who got me prepped were very kind and reassuring to me and helped put me at ease. I had a local so was awake during the procedure which was quick and completely painless. I was allowed to go home with antibiotics and anti inflams after about 1.5 hours of recovery time. I had the procedure done Monday afternoon and was back at work Thursday, I could have gone back sooner except you have to keep the support garment on for 24 hours for the first few days and I didn’t want to leave the house in it, as it looks a bit funny! I was back at the gym one week after the procedure and now three weeks on all swelling has gone (there wasn’t much in the first place though), I had minimal bruising (I started on arnica a week before procedure and a week after) and my scar is healing very nicely, it’s just under my chin (1 incision only) so you can hardly see it unless I tilt my head back! I am super happy with the result and wish I’d done it sooner. I have since booked in for another pre wedding treatment at Cosmos (Derma pen with PRP next week) to help with some old acne scars and will also eventually go back for vaser lipo revision on my lower, upper stomach and flanks (this was done in the UK 5 years ago and not done by Dr Ajaka). Very happy!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I had a procedure done there recently and im extremely impressed with the results. The care i received was outstanding and all the staff were extrely freindly and professional

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I recently had vaser lipo surgery performed by Dr Ajaka from the Cosmos Clinic in Double Bay NSW. Prior to having this procedure I had a significant amount of fat in my upper/lower abdominal, flanks and gynecomastia (man boobs). Not to mention poor posture, low self esteem. I had an in depth consultation with Dr Ajaka, who provided me with all the information I needed. I found Dr Ajaka to be very professional, knowledgeable, courteous and sincere. There was no hard selling or any pressure to go ahead. I was provided with what to expect during, after and final results. I felt very comfortable with Dr Ajaka and didn't hesitate to go ahead with the procedure. On the day of the procedure all went well, Dr Ajaka made sure I was well looked after. I was provided with Dr Ajaka's mobile number and I was encouraged to contact him if I had any questions. I did so, on several occasions and Dr Ajaka always replied and it just gave you that reassurance that all was ok. I was provided with regular massages to help reduce the swelling and scar tissue. The staff at the Cosmos Clinic are always very polite, caring and professional. I thoroughly recommend Dr Ajaka and his team for anyone considering any type of cosmetic procedure. You will be looked after and will have the best surgeon at your hands. I'm now just over 3months and I could not be happier. I was a size 36 waist and I'm now 32. My confidence is back, I feel happy about myself and I can't thank Dr Ajaka enough for the fine work he did. My body composition has truely transformed. To be perfectly honest the procedure has exceeded my expectations.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

I could not be happier with the results from the recent procedure i had with Dr Ajaka. He was careful to explain everything to me so i understood exactly what was involved and what to expect. After the procedure he and his great, friendly team who genuinely care made sure that i received everything i needed to ensure the best possible results. Dr Ajaka also would make a point of coming to see me whenever i came in to see how i was progressing and would suggest additional treatments to help my progress. I am happy with my appearance again and finally have my confidence back!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Being a medical professional myself, I was very cautious from the time I entered Cosmos clinic. I never thought I will ever have such surgical repairs to my body in my life when I believe beauty is from within and in the eyes of the beholder. As we travel with routines of life , I forgot about myself. I ignored my family' and friends' concern. One day I looked at myself in the mirror to find a ran down person. I became very depressed with myself and finally made an extremely difficult decision. I've never under gone any surgery or any anaesthesia even for a minor problem. Even though my work includes giving sedations and performing many minor surgical procedures as a doctor for more than 20 years, I'm scared of needles! Let alone a surgery. I'm always anxious that I might never wake up after my sedations even though my patients never had a problem. I never wanted to look like a plastic doll! I researched carefully before I chose the surgeon and the work involved. I I was provided with the service beyond my expectation from day one of my meeting with Dr Ajarka. His team is friendly , helpful and willing to help in anyway they could even before they realised I was a doctor myself when disclosed finally. They were professional and confidential which I needed most. My anxieties were reassured with professional manner that I became relaxed as we went through several procedures. All the reviews were done after I had several procedures appropriately with help with advised and honesty. Joseph and team, I can't thank you enough to change my life and give me confidence to walk in front of the crowd again.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

Cosmos is a production line; nothing more. I had two surgeries; lipo and a touch up 7 months later. The first treatment left me with lopsided stomach, so I needed a touch up (which I had today). This isn't why I have rated Ajaka so poorly, but more because of his manner. Once you pay, they don't give a crap about you. Before the surgery I was asking about the compression garment, how to wear it, for how long etc - he was getting annoyed and said 'we will tell you after the surgery'. I said I'd be too groggy from the happy gas to remember to ask then but he didn't pay attention. He started carving into me as soon as I started the happy gas and I could feel it and it hurt - so I said so - he kept saying to the nurse - oh the patient must be wrong, it's just pressure, he can't feel the needle - well I wasn't lying and it was excruciating for about 10 mins. I was jolting and he just got annoyed. He obviously didn't want to wait the extra time for the numbing to work. Of course, when the surgery was over, he couldn't be found and I had no one to ask about the compression garment I should have been wearing. I literally just got up, dressed and walked myself out. I said to my partner (waiting in the waiting room) that Dr Ajaka was disrespectful, rude and was annoyed because I asked about the garment - the impression I got was that I was wasting his time and he made it clear. Additionally, when the surgery was over, I found myself coming to naked lying on a bed - it was freezing and there was nothing but a thin sheet left for me. They changed the appointment time twice on the actual day of the surgery to accommodate another patient -- the asian nurse let slip that someone before me decided to have extra work done at the last minute so I was left waiting until 4.15 after my 3 0 clock appointment. I hadn't eaten since 6am (as instructed ) so I was feeling terribly tired and sick. Cosmos is too rushed, too busy and too concerned with money to do anymore than the bare minimum. I need a caring doctor not someone who carves into you before the anaesthesia has taken full effect and be told 'oh you can't be feeling pain'. Seriously, the fact that there are so many excellent reviews makes me suspicious of their source.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I highly recommend Dr Ajaka for anyone who is considering vaser liposuction. I am a 29 year old woman who recently underwent vaser lipo on my arms, upper and lower back, flanks and inner thighs. From my very first consultation, I found Dr Ajaka to be incredibly honest in what could be achieved and what I could expect from my results. I was well informed throughout the entire process (from pre-surgery to post surgery) and Dr Ajaka really took the time to check in on me through my post recovery period. He has excellent attention to detail and spends a lot of time making sure that he creates a shape that you are happy with. He is also a really lovely genuine person who makes you feel very comfortable, listens to your concerns and is a true perfectionist who wants to make sure that you are happy. At the end of the day, I walked into my procedure with a lot of confidence because I felt as though Dr Ajaka and his team were the right people for the job. The rest of the staff at Cosmos are absolutely fantastic and overall I couldn’t be happier with the results that Dr Ajaka has achieved for my body. It has given me so much confidence and I am so glad I chose Cosmos Clinic. I have since been to Cosmos for other procedures and I am still warmly greeted by the lovely people who took care of me during my vaser lipo experience. I’m a very satisfied and happy client and have actually referred a few of my closest friends to Dr Ajaka for their cosmetic procedures. I trust him and his team with my body and you should too.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016