Ratings for Dr. Tannys Vause

I've only had good experiences with Dr Vause. At our follow-up, she took the time to go over test results thoroughly and made sure that all of our questions were answered. Unfortunately I had to be referred to an endocrinologist because of something that appeared in my blood work, but she has already discussed our fertility treatment afterwards and gave us an information sheet. We still have a long road ahead of us to conceive our first, but we have great confidence in her!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Please avoid. She won’t provide full explanation, her interest is to get you into IVF ( money oriented). She is very rude and careless about patient situation. Honestly is right, but when you are in a vulnerable stage and a doctor is bringing negative thought without evidence, that very bad. I asked her about removing my fibroids, she bluntly said this cause cancer, then proceeded to say this may not happen in my case after a moment of silence. Really! After an IVF failure, that is what a doctor found to say to the patient!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I was thoroughly disappointed with the Ottawa Fertility Clinic and especially with Dr. Vause. She treated my husband and I like we were morons. I expected her to provide more details and honestly I seriously question her medical expertise. I have hypothyroidism which she knew and she failed to increase the dosage. I saw an endocrinologist after doing IVF and she immediately told me NOT to try getting pregnant until my thyroid levels were under control. This did not seem to be an issue for Dr. Vause. Please note my current dosage for thyroid medicine is 100 mg whilst Dr. Vause had me on 0.5 mg. Is it any wonder that I had a miscarriage. When she reviewed our case with us, she seemed shocked that I fell pregnant due to my age being on the limit. However she seemed to change her tune whilst reading the results and encouraged me to try another IVF cycle. despite the fact that months earlier she told me firmly what the cut off age is at the clinic! I was perplexed and I immediately felt as though I had been a lab rat in a science experiment. I put no trust into this clinic and I seriously question their protocols. I also question the drugs that they are using as I was severely ill which made me wonder if the drugs were toxic and caused chromosomal abnormality. Again, I am not a medical doctor but this Dr. treats you like you are an idiot. She did the embroyo transfer and told me that the embryo's would not fall out. I was gobsmacked. Did she really think I was stupid and have no idea of what the procedure involved? She really gave me the impression that she was inexperienced with IVF protocols and I would like to see the research that this clinic is doing? Please take heed. Do not waste your time at this clinic and make the 4.5 hour drive to Toronto. I only wish I had done so in the first place.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Great doctor! I am in the third trimester :) Fertility issues on both sides and a long journey with infertility...always felt that we got world class care...most importantly, got pregnant!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Vause and the OFC were incredibly unhelpful, unsympathetic to our situation and incredibly unprofessional with the services they "provide". If we could have gone anywhere else in Ottawa, we would have. Dr's were unavailable on a frequent basis, the emergency line went unanswered every time. We were coordinating our treatment with a clinic out of the country, and their satellite coordinator refused to contact the clinic themselves and rather told us to contact them ourselves. We were left with prescription for essential medications unfilled 4 times because no one would answer the phone at the clinic, and they would often take Friday's off early with no notice to their clients. If you are looking for a Doctor to help you through this difficult process, I would wholeheartedly urge you to look elsewhere as working with the OFC will make an already stressful time even more so.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Had to have fertility treatments for multiple reasons. She was wonderful throughout the whole process! So kind, answered all our questions...she is no nonsense and I was very grateful for her insights. Her team has been amazing and I do not have enough good things to say! Looking forward to meeting our baby soon :D :D :D

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Vause helped me to get pregnant through many complications. She explained everything clearly and called me personally with any complicated test results. She also performed the embryo transfer that resulted in my pregnancy after many failed treatments. She never gave up on our case and for that we will always be grateful. Reading the negative reviews - keep in mind that she is very blunt about the chances of things working. She doesn't want to waste your time, sanity and money on treatment options that have minimal chances of working. I appreciated this quality, but I can see how people would find this cold or feel like she was giving up on them. I think she just likes to be realistic. My only complaint is that her admin assistant, Carole, is absolutely terrible and impossible to get a hold of. She answers her emails as briefly as possible and never picks up the phone. We always just called the nurses with our questions to go around her to Dr. Vause and that worked for us! The Nurses are wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I agree with the previous comments that Dr Vause is unsympathetic and does not explain treatment and testing options. She refused the necessary testing for me without any reason. She really does not care if you get pregnant or not. Very unprofessional and unmotivated to help.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

We have been seeing Dr Vause for a while and have quite a complicated case on both sides. She is friendly and efficient. She certainly knows he stuff and we have explored many options. I have read some of the negatives and to be honest I was left wondering if people were really rating the doctor or the fact that they didn't find the miracle that they were looking for. Would happily recommend this specialist to anyone needing this care.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

This doctor does not explain various options and appears to be cold and unsympathetic. She dismissed a number of concerns without discussing them. Not a great choice for someone who wants to be in control of their treatment to some extent. Also, her assistant is cold and sometimes mean.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017