Ratings for Dr. Tannys Vause

I agree with the previous comments that Dr Vause is unsympathetic and does not explain treatment and testing options. She refused the necessary testing for me without any reason. She really does not care if you get pregnant or not. Very unprofessional and unmotivated to help.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

We have been seeing Dr Vause for a while and have quite a complicated case on both sides. She is friendly and efficient. She certainly knows he stuff and we have explored many options. I have read some of the negatives and to be honest I was left wondering if people were really rating the doctor or the fact that they didn't find the miracle that they were looking for. Would happily recommend this specialist to anyone needing this care.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

This doctor does not explain various options and appears to be cold and unsympathetic. She dismissed a number of concerns without discussing them. Not a great choice for someone who wants to be in control of their treatment to some extent. Also, her assistant is cold and sometimes mean.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

She has been by doctor for 2 years. She is wonderful and always follows up on results when she says she will. I have a complicated case and she has been amazing! She did all sorts of extra research to optimize our chances and reviewed our case with all her colleagues. I am so grateful that we were referred to her. She always takes the time to explain what is going on to us and she is a no nonsense doc which is what we want. I have recommended that a number of my friends request her...at least 2 of them have had her as well and have only good things to say (and both are pregnant now!!!)

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Awful, insensitive and money hungry. Felt like saying "oh are we bothering you". In fact because of her we've been turned off the whole process, or at least for the time being and certainly will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

wonderful doctor! So glad to have her as part of my team. I felt that I had 5 star care!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

We met Dr. Vause earlier this year when starting our IVF journey. We are remote patients so everything was done over the phone, and we never met her on any of our visits to the OFC. Dr. Vause is, in my opinion, incredibly smart. She knows her stuff. Her tone of voice can sometimes sound a bit impatient, but she didn't ACT impatient as she always took the time to answer questions. On one occasion the clinic needed some info from me, and she had a strong opinion on what I should choose, so she just picked up the phone and called me herself. Often times the person you hear from is the nurse, but she just called me and was totally nice about it. Dr. Vause probably won't greet you with fresh baked muffins and a warm hug, but she knows how to get you pregnant. That's what we're all here for, so I would say she's great at what she does. When I read the other reviews and people called her "rude" I was definitely surprised. Nothing about her was rude in my opinion. She's smart and gets down to business.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I found her to be extremely rude, arrogant and condescending. I switched clinics right away after dealing with her and Dr. Kotarba and went to Toronto and thank goodness I did, it's like night and day! The Ottawa Fertility Clinic should be ashamed of themselves for how they treat their patients. It's disgusting!!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Awful, avoid at all costs. Had various procedures and consults with her and they were all awful experiences. As though Kotarba weren't enough of a gem at the OFC now there's this younger version of her to add to the mix: she's cold, wants to seem knowledgable but clearly isn't, is arrogant, unhelpful, condescending and rude. I hate that there isn't another option in Ottawa and we are forced to go to this one and only fertility clinic with these horrible practitioners.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

We were trying IVF with Dr. Vause. From day one my husband & I did not a good feeling from her. She was rude, unprofessional and made us feel we were wasting her time. Being from Nfld did not help our situation, especially in late 2015 when some Ontarians were receiving IVF funding. We were then told, “Oh, we don’t have a spot for you right now”. Our one year experience with her had been so devastating & stressful that we felt it was best to cancel the procedure because we did not have faith in her that it would work. To this day we have not received any contact from her clinic or from Dr. Vause, with no surprised. I would definitely not recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016