Ratings for Dr. Tannys Vause

Dr. Vause and the OFC were incredibly unhelpful, unsympathetic to our situation and incredibly unprofessional with the services they "provide". If we could have gone anywhere else in Ottawa, we would have. Dr's were unavailable on a frequent basis, the emergency line went unanswered every time. We were coordinating our treatment with a clinic out of the country, and their satellite coordinator refused to contact the clinic themselves and rather told us to contact them ourselves. We were left with prescription for essential medications unfilled 4 times because no one would answer the phone at the clinic, and they would often take Friday's off early with no notice to their clients. If you are looking for a Doctor to help you through this difficult process, I would wholeheartedly urge you to look elsewhere as working with the OFC will make an already stressful time even more so.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Had to have fertility treatments for multiple reasons. She was wonderful throughout the whole process! So kind, answered all our questions...she is no nonsense and I was very grateful for her insights. Her team has been amazing and I do not have enough good things to say! Looking forward to meeting our baby soon :D :D :D

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Vause helped me to get pregnant through many complications. She explained everything clearly and called me personally with any complicated test results. She also performed the embryo transfer that resulted in my pregnancy after many failed treatments. She never gave up on our case and for that we will always be grateful. Reading the negative reviews - keep in mind that she is very blunt about the chances of things working. She doesn't want to waste your time, sanity and money on treatment options that have minimal chances of working. I appreciated this quality, but I can see how people would find this cold or feel like she was giving up on them. I think she just likes to be realistic. My only complaint is that her admin assistant, Carole, is absolutely terrible and impossible to get a hold of. She answers her emails as briefly as possible and never picks up the phone. We always just called the nurses with our questions to go around her to Dr. Vause and that worked for us! The Nurses are wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I agree with the previous comments that Dr Vause is unsympathetic and does not explain treatment and testing options. She refused the necessary testing for me without any reason. She really does not care if you get pregnant or not. Very unprofessional and unmotivated to help.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

We have been seeing Dr Vause for a while and have quite a complicated case on both sides. She is friendly and efficient. She certainly knows he stuff and we have explored many options. I have read some of the negatives and to be honest I was left wondering if people were really rating the doctor or the fact that they didn't find the miracle that they were looking for. Would happily recommend this specialist to anyone needing this care.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

This doctor does not explain various options and appears to be cold and unsympathetic. She dismissed a number of concerns without discussing them. Not a great choice for someone who wants to be in control of their treatment to some extent. Also, her assistant is cold and sometimes mean.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

She has been by doctor for 2 years. She is wonderful and always follows up on results when she says she will. I have a complicated case and she has been amazing! She did all sorts of extra research to optimize our chances and reviewed our case with all her colleagues. I am so grateful that we were referred to her. She always takes the time to explain what is going on to us and she is a no nonsense doc which is what we want. I have recommended that a number of my friends request her...at least 2 of them have had her as well and have only good things to say (and both are pregnant now!!!)

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Awful, insensitive and money hungry. Felt like saying "oh are we bothering you". In fact because of her we've been turned off the whole process, or at least for the time being and certainly will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

wonderful doctor! So glad to have her as part of my team. I felt that I had 5 star care!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

We met Dr. Vause earlier this year when starting our IVF journey. We are remote patients so everything was done over the phone, and we never met her on any of our visits to the OFC. Dr. Vause is, in my opinion, incredibly smart. She knows her stuff. Her tone of voice can sometimes sound a bit impatient, but she didn't ACT impatient as she always took the time to answer questions. On one occasion the clinic needed some info from me, and she had a strong opinion on what I should choose, so she just picked up the phone and called me herself. Often times the person you hear from is the nurse, but she just called me and was totally nice about it. Dr. Vause probably won't greet you with fresh baked muffins and a warm hug, but she knows how to get you pregnant. That's what we're all here for, so I would say she's great at what she does. When I read the other reviews and people called her "rude" I was definitely surprised. Nothing about her was rude in my opinion. She's smart and gets down to business.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016