Ratings for Dr. Tannys Vause

We met Dr. Vause earlier this year when starting our IVF journey. We are remote patients so everything was done over the phone, and we never met her on any of our visits to the OFC. Dr. Vause is, in my opinion, incredibly smart. She knows her stuff. Her tone of voice can sometimes sound a bit impatient, but she didn't ACT impatient as she always took the time to answer questions. On one occasion the clinic needed some info from me, and she had a strong opinion on what I should choose, so she just picked up the phone and called me herself. Often times the person you hear from is the nurse, but she just called me and was totally nice about it. Dr. Vause probably won't greet you with fresh baked muffins and a warm hug, but she knows how to get you pregnant. That's what we're all here for, so I would say she's great at what she does. When I read the other reviews and people called her "rude" I was definitely surprised. Nothing about her was rude in my opinion. She's smart and gets down to business.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I found her to be extremely rude, arrogant and condescending. I switched clinics right away after dealing with her and Dr. Kotarba and went to Toronto and thank goodness I did, it's like night and day! The Ottawa Fertility Clinic should be ashamed of themselves for how they treat their patients. It's disgusting!!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Awful, avoid at all costs. Had various procedures and consults with her and they were all awful experiences. As though Kotarba weren't enough of a gem at the OFC now there's this younger version of her to add to the mix: she's cold, wants to seem knowledgable but clearly isn't, is arrogant, unhelpful, condescending and rude. I hate that there isn't another option in Ottawa and we are forced to go to this one and only fertility clinic with these horrible practitioners.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

We were trying IVF with Dr. Vause. From day one my husband & I did not a good feeling from her. She was rude, unprofessional and made us feel we were wasting her time. Being from Nfld did not help our situation, especially in late 2015 when some Ontarians were receiving IVF funding. We were then told, “Oh, we don’t have a spot for you right now”. Our one year experience with her had been so devastating & stressful that we felt it was best to cancel the procedure because we did not have faith in her that it would work. To this day we have not received any contact from her clinic or from Dr. Vause, with no surprised. I would definitely not recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I felt like she was watching the clock the entire 15minutes that we spoke during my post IVF consultation. I'm not expecting heartfelt but the curt responses were not the best. In the end she didn't know how to help us.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Saw Dr. Vause initially at the OFC. I was diagnosed with endometriosis…..she then referred me to take a CT scan at the Ottawa hospital. When the CT scan staff at the Ottawa hospital called me for my appointment, they were wondering why I would be referred to take a CT scan on my pelvic area; it’s not recommended as per the radiation risk. The staff suggested me have an MRI exam instead. I didn’t have any trust in Dr. Vause after this so I asked to see another Dr. at the OFC…..I was referred to see another female doctor afterwards but I didn’t get a good feeling about her either. I am now looking at other clinics in other cities….

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Vause was very supportive throughout our fertility diagnosis and treatment. She was knowledgeable about treatment options and took the time to explain our options.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

My husband and I had a difficult diagnoses. They did diagnose correctly, but it took a long time. The staff lost our referral (for a genetic counselor) which delayed us by 6 months. Her secretary is super sweet, but is rarely there to answer calls or emails. We were so frustrated that in the end we ended up going to a different clinic. Dr. Vause might be knowledgeable, but she was not helpful/personable in our experience, which is something I value when going through infertility.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Saw Dr. Vause for about 9 months to help us try and conceive (she also dx me with PCOS). She was thorough with testing and very professional. Both my husband and I liked her although some might perceive her as a bit cold because she tends to be a bit serious. However, I think she genuinely does care for her patients, she's just not overly bubbly about it. She is not the type of doctor to explain everything to you in great detail - if you want detail, you will need to ask. I had no problem asking questions and she was always very patient, making sure I understood. This might be a problem for someone who has difficulty advocating for themselves, however. Also, she's not a big fan of mixing alternative treatments, like herbs and whatnot, with meds so if you're into that sort of thing, expect some push back. Overall, I had a good experience with her and if we need help to conceive in the future (expecting our first in 2 months!), I will request her specifically.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

So far Dr. Vause is amazing! She is extremely sensitive to her patient's needs and feelings. Sometimes both my wife and I feel like she cares even more about helping us then we do...the only not so positive thing I could say is that while her staff is excellent and very professional, she could be perceived as cold.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013