Ratings for Dr. Rola Zamel

Treats the patient like a set of data, poring over the numbers on the paper in front of her (having not looked at it before I arrived), and cutting me off when I try to explain my history (and believe me, I'm not a yapper). Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a patient's case history provides critical pieces of data that can lead to a better diagnosis and management plan? There are things that had been tried unsuccessfully by the GP and she wouldn't even listen to me to explain what they were. She had such an air of hostility and when I tried to be friendly and make small talk, she wouldn't make an effort to converse with me. Ultimately she sent me to get blood work and had me leave the office to "see if it gets better over time" and come back in 3 months. Nope.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Decreased my dose just because she was too dumb to understand my history, and basically treated me as a person with no previous data. I knew my body and history and knew that her new dose is too little. After 6 weeks, of course she put me back to the initial higher dose. When I asked her why she decreased in the first place she was extremely offended, and acted very rude from then on, and claimed it was because she didn't have my history (she did have my last several blood work on file, and I had told her every detail from prior to what she had on file)

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Had to wait for every appointment. Then when it was time to see her she wasn't very courteous or polite. Was very standoffish and blunt, didn't handle herself very well in front of her patient. She charges ridiculous fees to get things signed, (like doctor's notes), which is frankly absurd. A fee is understandable, but $100 + is outrageous. She is purely in it for the money and should not be anyone's endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

She is probably good with text-book cases but no way otherwise. Stacy, her secretary, is actually really nice and much better than a 2 that I gave her. I just don't want the good staff to raise the doctor's rating!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Horrible doctor and has zero bed side manners. She ignores her patients most of the time while they are talking and if you ask her any questions she makes you feel incredibly stupid. Also she charged me $120 for a doctors note which consisted of 3-4 sentences. Never met someone more unethical in that regard. I stopped seeking treatment because of her for me PCOS and am in the process of finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I am surprised with all the negative comments, both staff and doctor are nice. Treated me very respectfully.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I gave 1 star for staff because her receptionist is nice... Thats about it if i could have given no stars i would have ..45 min wait times and Dr zumal is one of the worst doctors ive seen for my type 1 diabetes. Shes very judgemental and if you dont do things how she tells you too she stops treating you like a patient and starts treating you like a worthless piece of #!"# that shes to good for. Refusing to order blood work because i said i wanted to wait on taking cholesterol meds .. Becoming short and snappy when i dont want to take the new insulin that my benifit plan doesnt cover ... and when i said no i dont want domperidone or dicletin again for my gastroparesis im on medical marijuana and its been working great... She rolled her eyes and said well i dont no about that .. So needless to say i wont be going back again ... And i really think this woman need to change her attitude.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I was referred to this specialist after being diagnosed with PCOS by my family doctor after a pelvic ultrasound. I had read the terrible reviews prior to my appointment and assumed it was just miserable people who only write reviews when they have bad experiences. Well I was greatly proved wrong; every poor review shown is spot on. I was seen by Dr. Zamel an hour and a half later than my scheduled appointment and the waiting room wad actuslly the size of a water closet. She must not think she needs an average sized office since the woman probably can't keeo patients. Once I was finally seen, I gave her a brief description of the symptoms I had been experiencing and a bit about my past with adolescent diabetes screening which is fairly important considering the topic of discussion was PCOS which involves insulin resistance and she's a endocrinologist. She proceeded to cut me off and say she would first ask the screening questions and I can add whatever else after. At one point during the screening, I advised her I had 6 drinks per week on average and she actually replied, so you like to get drunk. I could tell she was judging me. At that point I knew this was going nowhere fast. After the physical exam and her own questions were fulfilled she told me that I do not have PCOS just because I have cysts on my ovaries and all the symptoms i. e. hair growth, sudden weight gain, hormone imbalances and that I just need to exercise and eat properly; which I do! Not only did she say essentially everything I was experiencing had nothing to do with PCOS but she actually CHUCKLED. She laughed and smirked at me like I was an idiot. She gave me another blood test request, advised me to see a gynecologist and printed out a fact sheet on PCOS, like I don't already read web pages and forums on a regular basis. She once again confirmed that weight gain is not a PCOS symptom when the print out she gave me states WEIGHT GAIN AS A SYMPTOM. I left the office as soon as I could, almost in tears from how upset I was. It's not that she discredited all my symptoms and the diagnosis I received from my family doctor after an ultrasound but she literally laughed and smirked while saying it like I was an idiot. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I couldn't believe she was all that bad from the previous reviews but the proof is in the pudding. There is no way I will ever see her again. Please, Please, please take my advice and see someone else. Do not waste your time. She not only wasted my time but really ruined my day... No one have to feel the way I did leaving that appointment.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

First of all, Dr. Zamel’s staff, Stacey/Tracey?, is WONDERFUL! She’s patient and helpful. I can’t imagine Dr. Zamel’s office without her work. … Dr. Zamel ALWAYS is at least an hour behind the scheduled appointment time. Perhaps she does not value your time or thinks your time less valuable than hers. I would suggest you never to arrive on-time. When I first met her, she used a mini check list and only asked for my “Yes” or “No” answers. Like other said here, after she went through the yes-or-no questions, she continued her own data analysis in front of her computer and ignored the patient. I’m not sure why she needed to see patients in person because these could be done over the phone. Dr. Zamel does not know how to communicate or explain the sickness or symptoms. I assume this is why other reviews here are poor. In my opinion, she’s not a “bad” doctor. She simply has poor bedside manner. Although all endocrinologists in town are in months waiting time, Dr. Zamel can be available in weeks. Therefore, you may be able to see her sooner if you can't see an endocrinologist right away.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I don't know how she became a doctor. I waited over an hour for her to tell me that my autoimmune disease means nothing, and I am imagining my symptoms as medicated should = symptom free. She's dumb. See a different endo.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017