Ratings for Dr. Idow Oyeniran

I have several medical issues I'd like addressed, so I requested a physical. I got an appointment and while there, I informed doctor of these issues, and all he did was prescribe drugs. No tests, no referrals, just drugs. It was recommended by a social worker that I apply for ODSP, and his office called me saying, and I quote, "The doctor says you do not qualify for ODSP." Last time I checked, it's the Adjudication Unit who determines such things, and it's the doctor's responsibility to fill out the required medical forms for their review. But how can a doctor who's never done any diagnostics outside the scope of a 5 or 10 minute chat adequately fill out a medical form? If you want a doctor who will ignore or dismiss your concerns and symptoms and instead lecture you anyway about things he doesn't want to hear, then this doctor is just perfect.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr O is the best doctor I could ask for! I went in with a swollen gland in my neck that I was not really concerned about. I only went to see him because I was leaving on vacation and didn't want to have an infection while out of the country. He insisted on running some tests when I got back even though the swelling was mostly gone. Thanks to Dr O being so diligent he found that I had large B cell lymphoma. When I was receiving my treatment in Sudbury everyone was surprised that my doctor had caught this stage one. I met numerous people with the same type of cancer as I had, while I was receiving treatment and everyone else was stage 3 or 4 when their doctors diagnosed them. I will forever be grateful to Dr O and the very kind and considerate ladies in his office for the support I have received. The whole staff are genuine and caring people!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Oyeniran and his staff are absolutely wonderful. Hands down the best experience with a doctor I have ever had. I had my son and the hospital had failed to tell me I had a time frame to have my son circumcised. I had called and they accommodated me by scheduling me in during closed office hours on a Friday. The lady at the front desk was most helpful is setting things up and answering any questions I had. When I arrived for my sons appointment, the lady at the front desk was very welcoming. Dr Oyeniran came into the room and went over the entire procedure with me. He was very thourough and answered any questions I had. He was extremely friendly, had a sense of humour and made me feel at ease. His nurse was also great. After the circumcision, he gave me his cell number to call in the event I had questions or concerns. A few hours after the procedure I had some concerns and called him on his cell phone and he met with me back at the clinic in 10min. I can say my son was in very good hands with Dr Oyeniran and his staff. I had originally made a call with the other doctor in town who does circumcisions, but he was booked. I can say I am so happy I ended up with Dr. Oyeniran. I 100% recommend him to anyone looking to have their sons circumcision done. Thank you so much to him and his staff!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Calling the office is a nightmare. Trying to reach them during office hours is nearly impossible. Staff seem to be too busy to help over the phone and in person. Dr. Oyeniran is nice enough at times and I do not question his knowledge as a doctor. He is very condescending and does not listen to concerns. He likes to talk about his experience with other patients and considers scare tactics an acceptable practice. When you are able to reach reception and ask for an appointment it is usually weeks away and their solution is always to go to emerg or the walk-in clinic if you need to see a doctor sooner. What is the point of having a family doctor if you are forced to constantly use clinics instead? Good news is that it is not much of a wait in the office when you have a scheduled appointment. But the experience is not worth it.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr O is the best Dr that I have had...He is very caring and listens to my concerns and never was quick to get me out the door...He has a great bed side manner and great personality. When my Dad was in the hospital, he visited him every morning when he was doing his early rounds before going to his office. I have nothing bad to say about this man..And I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I completely agree with many of the opinions here. He does have a great beside manner. He likes to joke and is very easy to approach. That said however, he is quick to label and judge and dismiss health issues. He has a God complex, no question. He thinks he knows better then everyone else and does not listen well. The patient should be taken seriously and their concerns addressed, not rushed out the door because the Government only allows him 10 minutes per patient (his exact words.) Don't even think of putting your symptoms or how you are feeling in writing to make it organized and easy for him to sift through. He hasn't got the time for that (his exact words) but it would in reality only take a fast reader less than 5 minutes. He knows his stuff granted, but he also thinks he know it all. Don't even ask him about anything natural or nutrition or tell him you take natural stuff. He knows nothing about that and will admit it and then dismiss it and you. Some Doctor. He is not afraid to do referrals though and order tests. It is his only saving grace or I would fire him now. He prescribed a friend of mine mouth wash and she had throat Cancer! Documented positive tests for Cancer. Needless to say, he looked like a fool after proven wrong. Then had the nerve to take credit by saying "See? Look how well WE are doing now" like he had anything to do with it. She had paper too. He did the same to her, told her he didn't have time to read that.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Find doctor is quick to label and judge and dismiss health issues when calling with health concerns you are directed to hospital or you can't get in for at least two months get better treatment from er doctors which is very sad

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr Oyeniran listens and is easy to approach. He is not shy at suggesting more testing and referring a patient to specialists. He has a refreshing personality. It would be nice if his practice would adopt a web type appointment app to book appointments as more user friendly.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Friend has been patient for 2 yrs. Had been complaining about his arm being sore; had flu shot in Nov/2013 and has only suggested an ultrasound. Dr. seems to be away a lot. Has complained about back pain and Dr. hasn't even done bone density test. Just recently this man has found out he has lung cancer(optometrist sent him to eye specialist) The eye specialist called the Dr's office and told Dr. Now this mans Dr. is concerned. He hust done a cat scan on the man days before he is to go to Princess Margaret cancer centre. He only got this appt. thanks to eye specialist and not his Dr. Now the Dr. is trying to make look like he cares. So sad when we have doctors like this that an eye specialist finds out what's wrong with the person. He shouldn't be practising. I am writing this because I care about my friend.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

He is my new doc the old staff was good but since they change her wow I never have appointment the only thing she say is go to the hospital why do u have a doc if they sent you to emergency the nurse even forget to give my newborn some of the shot he need

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014