Ratings for Dr. Thomas A. Fenger

This "doctor" is a con artist. Beware!! He has a trail of dirty deeds. Do NOT believe his positive reviews....must have been written by friends!!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I recently visited Meadow Creek, I had a great experience. The staff and Doctor were knowledgeable, friendly, and got me in and out in no time. Dr. Fenger did answer all of my questions and helped me understand the issues I had and how to prevent this issue. I liked how personal he was, he wanted to know that I understood everything, treatment and prevention. I had to only pay $30.00 because my insurance company is contracted with Meadow Creek. They submitted my insurance so I had nothing else to do, no hassle and no balance due. My experience was wonderful and I have found my new dermatology clinic.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Hands down the worst experience at any Dr.'s office! I showed up 20 mins early for my appointment. When I went to check in, they didn't even know who I was or that I had an appt! We sat in the waiting room for 45mins before they called me into a room where I sat for 30mins! The entire experience was completely ridiculous! The receptionist was incapable of even making an appointment, let alone offering good customer service. I am beyond disappointed through this experience. They never followed through with any of the things they said that they were going to. I have NEVER been so utterly disgusted with a service that I've received. In this case, lack of service! Terrible service, lack of care for their patients and complete disregard for how valuable your time is. You will be wishing you never stepped foot into this place, as I am today. Save yourself a lot of time and money and go anywhere else but here!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Dr. Thomas Fenger provided me with excellent information, treatment and expertise. His manner was professional and pleasant, and he was thorough from start to finish. Dr. Fenger gave me an excellent recommendation when he believed the next step of treatment would be better serviced by someone with greater expertise relative to plastic surgery. I did not know Dr Fenger prior to my seeing him for the treatment I am referencing. I found his secretary/receptionist (I apologize if the title is incorrect) to be helpful, pleasant and efficient with every phone call and every visit. It has been over a year since I have seen Dr. Fenger; the cancer was removed from my face and I have had no recurrence. The area that was lumpy and purple/red, is as smooth as the rest of my face. All in all the experience for the medical treatment I needed was the best, and based on that experience I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Fenger.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

I made an appointment with this guy (who uses his academic PhD to add the 'Dr.' to his PA credentials) because he was closer than Anchorage. I have absolutely nothing against PAs, but to be stand alone is fishy to me. Especially given his lack of medical skills, customer service, and inappropriateness. He asked me 3 times if I was married, insinuated that my husband would be happier with me without the age spots (not the item I was seeking treatment for), never did a skin check, simply glanced at my shoulder, said he couldn't see anything, but I should have my husband give me a massage (for a highly painful lesion). He also recommended I highlight my hair, and other non-dermatology issues, and wanted to schedule me for first one-week and then two-week later appointment, for burning off 'age spots' even though I told him I wasn't concerned with cosmetics, I was concerned with cancer. Don't go to this creep. He will also imply he is in-network, when HE IS NOT...a $372 lesson.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

First of all, I believe that Fenger is a PA, not a physician. I was referred by my rheumatologist for some biopsies. Wrong treatment was given, incorrect diagnosis. Office staff billed Blue Cross using incorrect CPT and modifier codes, so BC rejectd 2 claims, requesting corrected coding and re-billing. They did not comply and now they are taking me to small claims court. I paid my co-pay at the time of service and they did not do their due diligence, so I am ready to meet 'em in court. THIS OUTFIT IS A JOKE. Drive the extra 10 10 miles and find a REAL dermatologist in Anchorage.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

I have been going to his office for about 6 mos. and my skin has not improved at all, it actually got worse. I told the doc several times that I was allergic to a topical creme. He gave me a prescription twice, that had this ingredient in it. The cost of the prescription was expensive, and I could not use the product. I found that he was not at all informed on acne treatments. Also, I had been paying my bill in increments but he still sent me a letter saying that they had been trying to contact me and were now sending me to collections. At the time I was still a regularly visiting patient; which I will no longer be. I found this to be horrible customer service and a horrible way to treat a regular patient. I would not recommend this dermatologist to anybody.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

My insurance did not pay all of his fees. Instead of contacting me, his office turned my account over to a collections agency. I paid immediately when agency contacted me, but feel the customer service is very poor. A simple telephone call would have helped. Doctor dismissed me for anymore procedures that I now attribute to maxing out my insurance. I was not even given the option to pay cash for additional skin treatments. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

This doctor is awesome. I was going to a different dermatologist for about a year then went to Meadow Creek and everything was cleared in less than a week.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

I have been seeing this Dr. for over a year. I do have insurance which has covered the majority of the bill. Every time I go into see him he asks me what I am seeing him for. This really surprises me. You would think that it would be in my file or that after a year he might have some type of idea why I am there. His office has always billed both my primary and secondary insurance but as of today he said that he has never done that. I thought maybe I was mistaken so, I came home and double checked with my husband. My husband confirmed the fact that his office has always billed both, for him as well. In the year that I have been seeing him he has gone through at least 6 office assistants. No wonder there is confusion about billing. I am in search of a new dermatologist!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009