Ratings for Dr. David Patterson

Dr. Patterson (again, not the correct picture), is absolutely the best doctor I have ever seen. He listens and responds with empathy. He doesn't rush you out of his office like 99% of other doctors I have seen in Montreal. He is thorough, kind, and respectful. The fact that his license has been suspended even though he is fluent in French is disgraceful. I recently called to put myself on the waiting list for a new family doctor, since it doesn't seem he is going to return any time soon (or possibly ever) and received a call back a week later telling me I cannot get on the list because I already have a doctor - Dr. Patterson. The medical system is broken. It's infuriating that Quebec is losing one of the best doctors in the country because of a failed French test. If only there was a way his patients could get together and appeal the decision on his behalf! The only reason he does not have a 5 star rating on this website is because the staff at the clinic are not very good and Dr. Patterson is always late for his appointments since he actually gives his patients the time of day. Even so, I would honestly wait for hours without complaint in his office. If the rating were based on his performance as a doctor alone, he would deserve 10 out of 5 stars. He is just that good.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Patterson est le meilleur médecin qu'on a jamais eu! C'est une énorme perte pour notre famille et pour des centaines de patients de Dr.Patterson de le voir partir à cause de l'office de la langue française. C'est une honte pour toute la province, ou la connaissance impeccable de la langue est plus importante que le professionalisme, l'empathie et la responsabilité.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Patterson is hands down the best doctor I have ever seen in my life. I didn't think doctors like him existed. It is infuriating that his license has been suspended for failing a French test when Quebec is so desperately in need of doctors, especially good ones! He takes his time with you, truly listens to what you have to say, and will explore all possibilities. He doesn't make you feel that your questions are stupid or that you're wasting his time, which has been my experience with most other doctors. I really can't praise him enough. I hope he is allowed to return soon. It would be a huge loss to his patients if not.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Comme l'indique le commentaire précédent, ce n'est pas la photo du Dr David Patterson, mais c'est en effet son profil. David Patterson est un médecin remarquable; j'ai été suprise qu'il prenne tant de temps avec moi, qu'il me pose des questions, qu'il fasse tout pour s'assurer que je reparte rassurée et confiante. J'ai été extrêment déçue d'apprendre que son droit d'exercer avait été suspendu parce que l'Office québécois de la langue française avait jugé sa maîtrise du français inadéquate. C'est une grande perte pour ses patients, et pour le système de santé québécois. Un médecin autant à l'écoute, qui ne cherche pas à se débarrasser des ses patients le plus vite possible est, hélas, trop rare ! J'espère que l'OQLF reviendra sur sa décision. Je trouve que les critères "Staff" et "Puncutality" ne devraient pas être inclus dans le calcul de la note du médecin: certaines cliniques sont mal orgnaisées sans que ce soit la responsabilité du médecin. J'aurais mis une note moins bonne pour le staff et la ponctualité si cela n'avait pas affecté la note du Dr Patterson.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

First of all, that is not Dr. Patterson in the picture but this IS the profile for him. Hands down the BEST doctor I have ever had in my life. I was so grateful to find him and really disappointed to hear that the OQLF had suspended his license, especially since I have seen him speak in French to his patients with ease and fluency. It is a loss to Quebec to not have this man practicing medicine: he is incredibly kind, empathetic and caring. He listens carefully and offers good solutions and advice without pushing unnecessary prescription drugs. And my annual physical exams were actually pleasant! It takes a special doctor to make pelvic exams bearable. I really hope the province realizes what a skilled and valuable practitioner they have in Dr. Patterson, especially given the huge shortage we have of capable doctors in this province.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Patterson is the quintessential medical professional. He is the answer to all patients, young and old. He is empathetic and will listen intently to your concerns and answer in a very caring manner; one never feels rushed or intimidated. His physical exams are thorough beyond imagination: he checked me from the top of my head down to the soles of my shoes!! He is a much appreciated and much needed medical professional here in montreal, que. The OQLF is doing a disservice to the good people of montreal by depriving us of this excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Vous faites erreur avec cette phote, elle ne représente pas le Docteur Patterson. J'ai perdu mon médecin! J'ai honte d'habiter une province qui se permet de telles erreurs.Non seulement Dr Patterson est le meilleur médecin que je n'ai jamais eu mais je parierais tout ce que j'ai que c'est une des meilleurs généralistes au Québec. Et l'office de la langue française le déporte, lui enlève sa licence pour pratiquer ici parce qu'il a fait des erreurs dans sa dictée!!! Sachez que cet homme bon,généreux, connaissant et professionnel jusqu'au bout des ongles s'exprime très bien en français. Je suis révoltée par cette situation et j'ai aussi beaucoup de peine d'une telle injustice envers une si bonne personne. J'aimerais être riche, puissante et connectée afin de pouvoir ramener le Docteur Patterson parmi nous. Malheureusement, je ne peux qu'écrire mon indignation et espérer que la loi s'adoucisse ou qu'il tombe sur quelqu'un d'honnête lors de sa prochaine dictée. J'ai beaucoup de difficulté à retrouver ma paix depuis que j'ai appris cette nouvelle quand on pense à la pénurie de bons médecins de famille au Québec et on chasse celui-ci qui je le répète est un des meilleurs que nous avions. Quelle honte!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Premièrement, tel je suite entièrement d;accord avec tout les commentaires possitifs qui on été postulé par les patients de Dr. Patterson. PLus important, je trouve qu'il est extrèment I would ad that I believe it is highly unprofessional that a false picture has been posted for Dr. Patterson's ratings.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

First, I would like to point out that the picture is not of Dr. David Patterson. I can tell by all the previous excellent ratings that we are all talking about the same Doctor but somehow you have posted the wrong picture. I have been Dr. Patterson's patient for about 5 years and I have never had a better, more caring, professional, knowledgeable, empathetic Dr. He always goes above and beyond. Dr Patterson goes out of his way to make you comfortable, his examinations are always thorough. Every time I have been to see Dr. Patterson his C.D.N waiting room has been full of people of every ethnicity & I have had conversations with many of his other patients in both French & English & we have all agreed that he is the best doctor we have had. Which is why I was so surprised to find out that Dr. Patterson is no longer able to work due to the fact that he did not pass his French exam. I hope the OQLF realizes that having a much needed excellent Dr. is more important than the occasional mistake of le instead of la. I need not remind anyone of the recent mistake of the health minister calling Anglos special needs due to mistake in translation or Pastagate....This Doctor is more than able to practice in French & English and as a Registered Nurse I can assure you that this is one of the best Doctor's I have ever met. I hope that the OQLF puts our health ahead of the occasional grammatical error that I am sure even Francophone Doctors make. I am so hoping that Dr Patterson is able to get back to work so I know health wise that I am again in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

The best doctor ever! He's caring and so professional!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015