Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Nwapa

Dr. Nwapa is a very good Family Doctor. she is a helpful and knowledgeble doctor. she has been provide very good health care to my son and me since 2012.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I found Dr Nwapa to be very cold uncaring and very slow to see me. She didn't really listen to what I had to say and was more interested in running a battery unnecessary and lemghty tests. I've only seen her twice but after my tests are completed I won't be seeing her again and seeking a medical professional who actually cares about their patients rather than them being just an OHIP Pay off.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I have been with Dr Nwapa since 2013. I generally see her once a year for my annual check up. My cholesterol was very high and I actually asked for medication to help resolve this. It took almost 2 years to be given a prescription. I found each and every appointment I had to wait at least 30 mins in the waiting room and longer in the patient room. Recently I called to ask about the specialist I had been referred to about two years ago and basically had to make an appointment to see Dr Nwapa just to be referred back to the previous specialist. I waited longer than the appointment actually took. During that visit, I asked about the colon screening test and was told, I was about a month too early to qualify. Now it is about two months later and since I was going to the office for a flu shot, I asked to pick up the colon screening test envelope.....I was told I would probably need an appointment to pick that envelope up. I am a patient, who never takes advantage of our health care system, and it is annoying to say the least that my doctor does. I find the Harrow health care center and Dr Nwapa to be slow, not a caring or reliable place. I can understand why the comments are negative and after waiting two years for cholesterol meds, I can see why patients go untreated.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I had made several apts to see Dr Nwapa only to show up and see the nurse or a student! She had shoved me off on her coworkers. Finally after almost a year I saw a specialist, because they didn't indicate urgent care on the referral. Turns out I had cancer. Dr. Nwapa thought I was sick enough to see then, having the staff call me multiple times for an apt. I found a new doctor. I'd like to know how she has a medical license. I take my health seriously and I've taken her ignorance and avoidance personally.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

We've had to switch Doctors, we believe our health and well being were not respected and we can't understand why this has not been addressed at this clinic as so many others have had the same issues!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

My husband and I have both been to see Dr. Napa and during our visit have found that she was in someone else's file. Happened to me twice where she would give me blood work requisitions and would have someone else's name on it. Very uninterested in anything we go in for. She has walked out on my husband's appt saying she is very busy and the other patients in the next room have been waiting for long time. She jotted everything down on a scrap price of paper. We had to call as she forgot to do any of the things we went in for ex. Blood work required fax, med refills. Today again meds were to be faxed while she's in the office with you....go 4 hours later to the pharmacy and no prescriptions have been called in. We are looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

A very non professional doctor, very absent minded and just all out rude

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Not a good doctor, very unprofessional. Talks about herself for most of the appointment, rambles on. Unkind, very pushy, didn't listen to what I had to say and what my concerns where.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Nwapa is a very nice doctor, when you get to see her. It is almost impossible to get to see her within a months time. Every time that I have called to see her, she is never there or booked for the day. Twice now I have been to see her for a follow up and have waited for close to an hour, only to get in there and have her say that she doesn't have results. She then has me reschedule, in a months time to see her again. Also while waiting I could hear her talking with fellow coworkers for quite awhile, when she knew I was waiting in the room to see her. I find her very unprofessional for a doctor. If you are looking for a good family physician I would not recommend her to you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Unbelievable! This doctor should not be allowed to treat patients unsupervised. She, at the very best, would be comparable to a student nurse. If you have the misfortune of being assigned to her because you do not have a family physician you have my sympathy.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014