Ratings for Dr. Simon Altman

I agree with a previous user who stated he was rude, arrogant and quick to prescribe meds. He doesn't listen and is fairly certain he knows best. I'm seeking a 2nd opinion. I don't feel 45 mins with me (wherein he spend 1/2 time talking) is enough to ascertain a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I can't believe anyone would say he is rude or arrogant. Yes, he's not a mushy psycho-analyzer. But he is an expert at his field and does what he's supposed to. I've been going to him for I think 8 years every couple months. He has a good memory. I respect him and his opinion and he seems to treat me the same way. I think he probably respects a person who does a little research on their own. I'm not looking forward to when he retires. I suppose a person's opinion would depend on their personality and what they expect from their appointment. Anyway, for me he has been very helpful and non-judgmental. If a person is really in need of talk therapy, a psychologist would probably be better.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Intelligent, experienced and kind. He leaves the talk therapy to the psychologists at the clinic since his visit limit is 12 per year. He knows the limitations of the system and does his best for his patients.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Patient but decisive. Very helpful unless you're rude. Understands pharmacology very well.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

He's firm and knowledgeable - no fakers allowed. Staff blows at Sechelt Ever heard of psych patients not happy about therapy? LMAO OK. He pisses me off too, but only because he makes me look at myself .. Don't judge the man because of the nanny-state admins.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

This Doctor is indeed very arrogant and I don"t believe that he listens to what I am saying. Judgmental and opinionated. No empathy and I feel worse after a session. He is quick to prescribe medication and is not open to discussing side effects etc. He is very dismissive when I try to ask him about what he is prescribing.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Very rude and arrogant. I have had him for amny years. I dont think he has ever made me feel good after an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012