Ratings for Dr. Howard Phillips

I had an upper tooth pulled by Dr. Phillips in 2013 to prepare for bridge work. He cut my gums and when he stitched them back up, he sewed my gum to my cheek. He also left big globs of temporary cement all around the temporary bridge which caused a lot of irritation and pain (Those were noticed and kindly cleaned up by another dentist I was seeing for a different problem.) A week later, it wasn't healing very well and the tissue was all black. Dr Phillips said it MIGHT be an infection, and prescribed Clidamyacin, which is a broad spectrum heavy duty antibiotic, and shouldn't be used lightly when you are not even sure there is an infection. After a few months, the blackness and soreness went away, but it took me years to get used to having my cheek attached to my gum. I would never go back to him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr. Phillips performed oral surgery for me in 1985 and I must say that all turned out extremely well.Almost 30 years later, my jaw is still lined up correctly. Great surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

Had a lot of confidence in this doctor up until surgery day when he asked me what we were doing?! Sorry, but you're the surgeon! Horrible results. My jaw does not line up at all. My mouth is uncomfortable. My upper lip was smaller after the surgery! Huge regret.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012