Ratings for Dr. William S. Dixon

In my early 30's I had a double corneal transplant due to a progressive eye disease that struck me at age 12, Keratoconus, which would have eventually lead to blindness. Dr. Dixon gave me my vision back and ultimately my life. When my young son accidently knocked my new cornea loose, he dropped what he was doing on Christmas Eve and operated to save my eye. He is a wonderful, caring and patient man. An angel from above sent to help. Thank you Dr. Dixon.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Approx 30 years ago, I had cornea replacement surgery from Dr. Dixon. My life as an accountant or in life would never have been the same with the expertise of Dr. Dixon. A true professional, excellent every way. A picture what a true professional in every sense of the word should mean. Doug Mitchell

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

My 90 year old Mum had cataracts removed, painlessly, by dr. Dixon. He put her at ease. Then, her evesight was . . . Restored. Coline Bettson

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I agree BEST doctor ever!! 5 star + He is my miracle worker and I'm so fortunate to have him as my doctor. His wife Sylvia and long time staffer Judy are just A1. Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I first saw Dr. Dixon in 1981, and he performed my corneal transplant later that year. I still see him every few years, and it is absolutely amazing to me that I am still able to see the same ophthalmologist all these years later. I thoroughly agree with all the 5 star ratings on this site, and would like to thank Dr. Dixon (in the unlikely event he would read these reviews :-) for being one of the constants in my life for over 35 years now!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I had two transplants with dr Dixon had no problems dr Dixon & his staff treat you like part of the family

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

The BEST doctor ever!!! He is my dad and grandma's dr and I have to admit he is without a doubt one of the best! Most of all a great human being:) rare commodity nowadays but when you find it GRAB it! We are blessed to have him.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I have had 2 transplants from Dr. Dixon. I agree with all the comments here pointing to his competence and excellent bed side manor. Notwithstanding the demands on his time etc. he is still down to earth in his dealings with his patients. I have seen a few ophthalmologists over the years. Some could benefit from interpersonal skill improvements. Dr. Dixon would be among the best.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr. Dixon gave me my life back. Diagnosed with a relatively rare genetic condition known as Fuchs' Corneal Dystrophy in my 30s, I gradually lost my visual acuity and clarity until almost losing my license to drive at age 54. I saw four other Ophthamologists who basically told me I had bliateral cataracts as well, however refused to operate on the grounds that I could lose what vision I had. Finally I was referred to Dr. Dixon who successfully removed the cataracts in 2006 and eventually performed a DSAEK corneal transplant in 2010. As other reviewers have noted, as good a surgeon as he is, he is equally as genuine and kind as a person. And if your appointment is delayed, it is because he is taking his time with his patients or tending to emergencies. His staff are excellent as well and we are blessed to have this man in our midst. Thank you Dr. Dixon. You are my vision 'saviour'.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Dr. Dixon is a great ophtalmologist and an even better person. I have been seeing him for years for a serious eye condition. In 2005, he performed a successful cornea transplant, which restored the sight in my left eye. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and skilled, but he has amazing bedside manner. He is friendly, caring, and has a wicked sense of humour which can ease the tension no matter how serious the situation. I dread the day when he may retire, as I think he will be truly irreplaceable. While he sometimes does get backed-up and ends up running late, that is only because he is so willing to see patients who need urgent care on an emergency basis. That is actually a huge plus when serious issues arise.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013