Ratings for Dr. Sean O'Leary

Very rude and condescending man, complete idiot. Do not go to this man unless you want to wait forever and be treated like dirt.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. O'Leary has absolutely no respect for people's time. I had to wait for almost 2 hours from my appointment time before seeing him. When I mentioned it, there was no apology, but he stressed, "There are SOOOOO MANY of you and SOOOOO FEW of us". He then continued to be very condescending and sarcastic. I will be requesting to see another opthalmologist and would advise patients in need of one to avoid Dr. O'Leary if at all possible.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I seen Dr O'Leary in late Dec 2015 as I was referred from my GP. I have a stubborn style on my lower eye lid that was unsuccessfully treated by my GP. GP felt referral was necessary to have surgery to clean out and remove the stye. Dr o'Leary was rude and made me feel that I was wasting his time. He indicated that he couldn't treat me as I had lasik eye surgery (about 10 yrs ago ) and was therefore not "one of his patients" . He went on to say that LASIK was cosmetic surgery and I had changed the corneas in my eyes forever. When I pointed out that my problem had nothing to do with the previous LASIK surgery, that I have a stye that needs cleaning out, he said I would have to go back to whoever did my surgery . He. made several comments about eye makeup (I don't wear any makeup) and cosmetic procedures. I found him very condescending and certainly would NOT go back to him or refer anyone to his office. I now have to go back to see my GP for another referral as I still have the stubborn stye( now 6 weeks later). This visit to Dr O'Leary was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He did check my retinas ( although I have no concern or problem with my retinas), as he indicated he had to do "due diligence". Too bad he wasn't concerned with my actual medical issue!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

My cousin recently went to see this doctor. He was on call at the local hospital in St. Johns NL. Her specialist that did her lasik surgery doesn't work at the hospital and she couldn't see him. So she was bleeding from her eyes and in pain. This doctor saw her after ever single patient was seen. He was rude to her, said she was wasting his time and made her cry. Said a lot of other things to her. She will be writing a letter to the Ethics board and I hope he gets in trouble. He should not be treating patients if he doesn't know how to be compassionate. Complete douche.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. O'Leary for eye troubles my whole life. He has performed many surgeries on me. He is so friendly and has the best bedside manner of any doctors I've ever seen. He is very approachable and willing to answer any questions. He explains any troubles and procedures so that I know exactly what is going on. Best doctor I've ever seen. I have nothing bad to say about him.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014