Ratings for Dr. Rebecca Risk

I felt Dr. Risk to be extremely helpful in the initial and continued treatment throughout my visits with her. Not only was she able to narrow down the root cause of the Chronic Fatigue I have suffered for years from but she was able to create a treatment plan for me to follow. I can finally say that with her support I am doing better every day. I appreciate her, as well as how supportive her staff has been towards me there and in between visits.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
Keep up all the hard work. What I love about my job is being able to take people from illness, and see them gain back their life. Enjoy your new found wellness!

Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Risk helped me to figure out what was the root cause to my ailments, while western doctors kept recommending steroid creams and pills . Dr. Risk recommended supplements to get rid of the infection and a change to my diet which helped me to move forward. I feel supported by her and her staff, if I have a question or concern I can call or email for help.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am so happy to have been there to help you. You are always welcome to call the office if you need any assistance.

Submitted February 10, 2017

Out for the money and long long term care that goes no where!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am very sorry that you feel this way. Achieving and maintaining wellness can seem like a lot of work and that it takes a long time. A lot of conditions that I treat, including Lyme Disease, can take time to heal. My office is very dedicated to find a treatment plan that is within your budget, and will work on your specific health concerns. Any time this is unattainable, I encourage an open dialogue. Whenever I feel that I am not able to help a certain condition, or that we have hit a roadblock, I reassess and make any changes I feel are necessary. I make every attempt to work with you about your health and treatment concerns.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I felt Dr. Risk had her mind set on a diagnosis before the examination. "If your only tool is a hammer, all you will see is nails".

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am sorry that this was your impression of me, and I wish I had more details about why you felt that way. In each visit, I assess my patients and perform BioMeridian testing. I do have training and experience that allows me to have suspicions about what could be ailing a patient, but at the same time I rely on the testing I use (and sometimes blood work to follow up, especially with Lyme Disease) to help to clarify suspicions. My treatment plans are individual, and even if two people have the same condition, they will have a different treatment plan.

Submitted February 10, 2017

She diagnosed me with ALS and Lymes disease. I was thoroughly tested by ligimit doctors after her diagnosis and there were absolutely no signs of the disease. No Lymes disease either. All she wanted was my money. I am glad to say I am doing fine. Please do not go to this so called doctor. She was only wanting to push her so called medicine. Complete waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
Lyme Disease is greeted by a political storm in Canada. Although studies have proven it is in our tick population, there are many doctors who are ignoring this evidence. The only way to know if you do or do not have Lyme Disease is to go through testing outside of Canada in the USA or Germany. Canadian testing is not accurate enough to detect the bacteria. I would not have told you you had Lyme Disease unless you had this testing, although I would have confirmed I was strongly suspicious of the disease if you had neurological symptoms that mimicked ALS. I do not diagnose ALS. If your symptoms do return, I urge you to contact a Lyme literate doctor who can help you to determine if you are affected by this disease. The recommendations that I make in my clinic are based on each individual, and we take utmost care not to “push” anything. Every patient is able to make their own decisions on which supplements and parts of the treatment plan they would like to pursue based on my recommendations. At Ananta Health, the main goal is for the patient to achieve wellness, however this is done. Whether you purchase supplements from my office, or elsewhere, does not matter to me. As long as you begin to feel better.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I feel like she already has her mind made up as to what she's treating you for which is Lymes disease and then she says you have a parasite...and treats you for that. She loads you up on a bunch of stuff and then when you still feel awful (worse than when you came in) she orders more blood work and charges a huge chunk of change. I've never felt any results from her and she is condecending and rude. She doesn't actually listen. Upon speaking to others in the community I am not the only one who feels this way. Terrible "bedside manner" and would never recommend anyone who actually wants help to go here.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am sorry that this is your experience at my office. This is the opposite of what our goal was for you. I do not just assume that my patients have Lyme Disease, they are actually requested to do the blood work to do confirm that they are being affected by Lyme before moving forward onto treatment. Although there is a cost to this, at my office we do not have any mark up on the test, it is purely the cost from the lab that the patient is paying for. I am not sure how else to approach treatment for Lyme Disease if we don’t have any confirmation. It is very rare that I recommend other testing unless we hit a roadblock further down the road. Most of the time, the BioMeridian testing done in the office is enough to help determine what direction to take the treatment in. I am sorry that you feel I wasn’t listening to you. I take every effort to make sure that in my appointments with my patients we have ample time to discuss your concerns, and my staff and I are always available to answer any questions as you proceed onto treatment. I always encourage an open dialogue with if something isn’t working so that we can assess the situation and make it optimal for you. If you do have Lyme Disease, feeling awful from treatment is a strong possibility. This is called “herxing” in the Lyme community and is very common. At every initial appointment, I take a great amount of time to explain this, as well as providing documentation for you to read over so that you can have a great understanding of what is to come during treatment. This is the reason why my treatments are taken very slowly, and my staff and I are willing to offer support when people are starting on their recommended program. Treatment needs to be taken at a pace that the patient can tolerate. If something isn’t working, we encourage an open dialogue to find out what can be done to make it easier for you. It is estimated in studies that 85% of the population has a parasitic infection, so it is not uncommon for a treatment protocol to begin with treating these. Since your gut is 80% of your immune system, it is very important for me to make sure it is working optimally before doing any treatment, including treating Lyme Disease.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Risk for almost 4 years. She is a caring, knowledgeable and intuitive Dr.. The key is to communicate clearly and honestly what your issues are. She can then determine the right path for the patient. The second part to that is following the treatments she recommends. Ultimately she will do everything in her power to help find what you need for optimal health. She's a great Dr. and a great person.

Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
My main goal is for you to achieve infinite health. Always let us know if there is more we can do for you.

Submitted February 10, 2017

Best doctor to help deal with Lyme and co-infections! Very helpful and knowledgeable. She gave results that I didn't think were possible. Thanks so much!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

The staff here are friendly and professional, and Dr.Risk is a godsend. I have been through treatment for lyme disease from a regular doctor, and from Dr.Risk. Dr. Risk took me seriously, and treated not only my lyme but also underlying issues. It was lot of hard work, but it was great to have someone help me take control of my health. The positive results speak for themselves

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I fully believe in natural health. I believe we need to get back to it. Dr. Risk is very knowledgeable, and I'm grateful she has more than one discipline under hear belt. I definitely feel my health needs are being met, and I've felt most of them have been being ignored by conventional medicine. It's hard sometimes to really stick to it, it requires being discipline, and because it's not yet covered under national health care, it can cost a bit, but you either pay the piper now or you pay later. And I really want to avoid paying the final piper anytime soon. I am so glad I found Dr. Risk. I highly recommend her. But keep in mind, half-assing what she prescribes, won't do you any justice and isn't fair to yourself or her. Really commit. It's what I did, and I feel inifintely better.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr. Rebecca Risk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients