Ratings for Dr. Ruksana Nasreen

If you have a newborn, Dr. Nasreen is the best pediatrician around.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

Dr. Nasreen is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable and takes the time to call me directly with results or follow up. Her front reception staff are really rude and dismissive. It is impossible to get a hold of Dr. Nasreen as her staff have a huge wall up and don't let anybody through. They need to find a better way for parents to communicate their concerns to Dr. Nasreen. Even getting a simple refill or medical letter are impossible. I left instructions once that I would not be home all day but they could call me on my cell phone and let me know the answer to a question that was quite urgent. I got home later that day (after hours of course) and there was a message on my home phone to give them a call. Didn't even listen to my whole message obviously. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Reception staff are very rude and inconsiderate. I have heard them speaking negatively of parents after they leave/when they get off the phone. Although I quite like Dr. Nasreen, she hasn't thoroughly assessed my son since he was a newborn. The medical students appear to do a thorough job, but she has never double checked and it is a different student each time (for example, she hasn't listened to his heart beat since he was 3 days old). She comes in at the end of each appointment for less than 5 minutes and does not physically examine the child at all. She is willing to answer questions, but does make me feel rushed and as if I am over reacting.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I have been seeing her since 2011 and our experience has gone down hill, before it was nice because we would speak with Dr Nasreen directly and she had phenomenal staff at the reception desk, but since 2013-4 all I ever talk to and speak with are her student residents, the last time my son was in, I explained my son didn’t like doctors wearing a doctors mask because he was traumatized from an experience at Victoria Hospital and the resident laughed at me like seeing my son terrified was hilarious (the resident had a cold and had to wear the mask). My son has some serious health issues and I feel his dermatologist does more for his care than she does. She’s too busy teaching other people and can no longer give her own clients more than 5 minutes at the end of the appointment. On the topic of time, for scheduled appointments I usually have to wait 1-2 hours, and there’s no way you can call and make an appointment even for the following week, she’s booked. Her new staff are also rude and they do not even smile to greet you. Find a different doctor, I sure want to.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

LOVE DR NASREEN!! LOVE Lisa at the front desk! But the other lady at front desk is RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! The one with the accent!! Reading the rest of the comments here I'm not the only one who feels this way. Time to get rid of her or send her for some training!!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Nasreen is a wonderful Pediatrician. I have a child who requires complex care. She is very thorough with checking off considerations each visit that need to be kept on top of. She is so giving of her time with any forms/documentation needed for funding assistance. And she really does remember your child when removed from her practice (i.e. in a hospital environment). So happy we were connected with her.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

As a first time parent I really like Dr. Nasreen. She makes me feel very much at ease and takes time to explain things and answer any questions. As others have mentioned I find much of the reception staff to be very rude. My only complaint about Dr. Nasreen is that you are unable to get appointments with her less than a week in advance so if anything unexpected comes up you are forced to go to the walk in clinic which leaves you seeing other doctors which I have had less than ideal experiences with.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Nasreen is wonderful! Reception staff (except for Lisa) is SO RUDE!!! No other words to describe. Time to replace the rude receptionist with the accent!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

We truly love her,very thorough and really cares about her patients .

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr Nasreen is an excellent doctor I find the staff to be very profession always answers the phones and extremely helpful. If I leave a message they always get back to me . I don't understand how people could be so rude to this staff they never take lunch they never close down and the are always willing to help any one. I think sometime people are having a bad day and want to blame other people for that therefore the front staff ! I have been to this office many time and hear parent being extremely rude to the staff for no reason and they remain calm. For the amount of people they deal with daily they are outstanding . People should think twice before throwing them under the bus. All the doctors and staff are extremely profession and fantastic I would reccomend them to my family and friend and I have and they have the same opinion. Thanks for all your hard work too bad most people would rather be negative but not take time out to. Be positive like this office is

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017