Ratings for Dr. Christopher Cobourn

Dr. Cobourn is the best. I knew I was in good hands my very first consultation with him. He took his time making sure my questions were answered and that I felt confident about having the procedure. His staff helped me through the entire process, even the confusing parts like understanding my insurance and pre and post-op care, and always did so with a smile. My insurance actually required the surgery take place at a “bariatric surgery center of excellence,” which is one of the reasons I was referred to Dr. Cobourn. The clinic in Mississauga is fairly close to my home; the nurses were excellent and made me feel safe and cared for. I did a lot of research before surgery and am so glad I chose Dr. Cobourn for my lap band. I had a follow-up appointment today and I’ve lost 40 lbs in 6 weeks, my energy has improved and I feel like I have my life back! I definitely recommend the SmartShape clinic and Dr Cobourn!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr.Cobourn is very caring and attentive. Nurses always respond to inquiries and if necessary have Dr. Cobourn call and speak with you. Everyone at the clinic is there to support you through this journey.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I had several bad experiences with Dr Cobourn. I felt he basically wanted my close to 20,000 check, then cared very little afterwards. I have had my band removed, my life will never be the same. Both him and his nursing staff will speak with you, but once you hang up, they care very little and lack compassion and understanding. I am scarred, my body hurts and my life will never be the same.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

No nonsense kind of guy. Gives you the straight facts, as patients we normally don't want to hear that. Very kind and understanding with a positive attitude.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

It is my opinion that Dr. Cobourn is not very ethical. Recently he removed my lapband which he had inserted in Oct/2010. During the removal, he erroneously perforated my bowel. This caused me to run a fever, provoke hypertension and breathing problems. After being admitted to hospital, I developed four abscesses, a collapsed lung, and presented with a massive infection throughout my system. Dr. Cobourn left a voicemail message asking me to call him. I was heavily sedated..unable to do so. He never phoned again. He never came to see me. I would have expected more from him. He called me more than once to encourage me to have this band inserted, after all. The fact that he did not attempt to contact me while I was in a crisis situation due to his performing surgery which kept me in hospital for an entire month, showed a lack of caring. There were other ways he might have handled the surgery and the aftermath. I nearly lost my life and all that I experienced was surgery related.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Kind, informative, thorough. Very understanding and took great care to explain the entire procedure and answer all questions. Staff is great, supportive.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013