Ratings for Dr. Ali Zentner

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PERSON...TRUST ME...I KNOW HER BETTER THAN ANYONE.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

to the health center of west vancouver. did you know that this dumberpeg broad was set in emergency dept. in Lethbridge, Alberta!!!!! i would like to read the referral from Leth. Hospital for this woman. send her back to the reservation province that passed her as a doctor, where she can do less harm to real Canadians!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Horrible bedside manner, huge ego, demeaning to staff and patients. Found her very rude and decided not to return. Very eager to prescribe several new drugs. Worst experience I he had with a "professional".

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I had an appointment with Dr. Zentner and I suppose we got off on the wrong foot to begin with when I asked her if she was off to a wedding (the dress she wore, looked like a wedding dress) with a dead pan look on her face she said no and huffed back to her office expecting me to follow. I did so, I put my (10 page questionnaire) on her desk with my coffee, and sat down. She looked at me like I had just etched my name in the marble that was her desk top... I removed my coffee. She went off on a 5 minute tangent... none of which had anything to do with me and why I was there. When she stopped talking it was like someone had farted and she was demanding to know who did it and how could they possibly offend her delicate fashionista sensabilities. Now, I didn't look like I just walked off the runway and I guess I should have, but I will be honest, the whole thing really set the tone for how she conducted herself. In any case, after she had finished speaking there was this long awkward pause.... (Insert awkward giggle here). I didn't really know what to say, so she says to me "Obviously you didn't get that so I must have to repeat myself". Now, I am not a stupid person and this comment made me feel an inch tall. I have been a FAT girl all my life, I have tried everything and suffered through worse and its an honest wonder that I haven't just off'd myself by now, but I am strong. I am a trooper, and I deserve as much respect and she does. I was so flabbergasted at the insinuated insult, that I apologized for wasting her time and left. She then informs me I am welcome back if I change my mind....... I haven't changed my mind about losing weight and in fact have been even more avidly researching weight loss options, but I will tell you this... I do not intend to take the journey with someone that can afford Chanel but can't afford charm school or a personality befitting someone who should be giving the impression of helping or taking an interest in her patients. I bet she has heard every sad weight loss story in the world, I have heard all kinds of sad stories in my line of work; however, even I have to give the impression that I care a even a LITTLE. I am totally down with getting straight no BS answers, but I will be damned when on top of everything else I have to deal with in my life including fat shaming, if I am going to be spoken to or treated like and idiot. Of course I lack the knowledge in some areas especially when it comes to weight loss, I fully admit to that fact. THAT'S WHY I WAS THERE. But that does not mean you get to treat me like I am sub-human or that I lack any intelligence at all. I am sure she has an incredible education and even the fact that she herself has lost weight (170pds!! WOW) And written books and has been lauded as the best Obesity Specialist in Canada, but I have enough to deal with without adding her particularly curt personality on top of it. I would be tempted to go back to her, but she would have to try a little hard to not to be so breviloquent. My conflict comes in when I realize that if I had lost all the weight like she did I would probably have a entitlement issues too. Much as I cried after our dismal appointment, I MIGHT have been totally down with whatever program she wanted to help me create.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I found she has no manners and not very helpful and not supportive. She say phrases like it is not rocket science to lose weight just eat less and exercise more.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Extreamly unprofessional. 5 minutes before my appointment she took a medical suplly seller into the room and talked about game of thones. She ended up coming to greet me 15 minutes after my appointment was booked so its not like she was running late.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I have left countless doctors office in tears for the pst 20 years. They would always tell me that I'm fat and to just eat less. Never once one of them tried to helped or seemed concerned. So needless to say, I had no hopes or expectations before meeting Dr Zentner. As soon as I sat in her office I felt welcomed. And as soon as she started talking to me I felt understood. She provided me with great tools, she was "straight up" with me, she was kind and also supportive. She deserves an even better rating. Having gone to as many as dozens of doctors for my weight issues, I can say that she's knowleadgeble. Though it was my first appointment, I left from there with a new found hope and determination. She was able to flip everything around so quickly. Im VERY excited to meet up with her again. Once again, I can recognize a good doctor and she is one of them.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I found my first visits were great. We talked fashion, her jewelry, her trips, and things her husband buys her about her. The moment I questioned about my ever changing surgery dates she immediately talked over me and belittled me. I have left that clinic in tears and bewilderment multiple times. I have never dealt with such a narcissist Dr. I am glad some people have had good experiences but there are some of us that have not. Zentner may have the education to be in her position but her personality belongs on some catty fashion scene that she worships. I am a confident assertive person but she broke me and the more broken I became the more agressive and horrible she talked at me. I am sickened that someone that cruel is in the position of being so cruel and cold to people that are do desperately looking for help. The worst part is she has absolute power because there is no other alternative in the province of B.C. for this surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

The Live Well clinic is fabulous, but Dr. Zentner is a complete waste of time.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Great dr, knows her stuff, however I fooling that sometimes she isn't understanding of your situation. Got the impression that she can be full of herself, or over confident- which is great, but not when it comes to people who are self conscious about weight. She is amazing at responding to emails. I did feel hanging after my first appointment, but perhaps I went in with too many expectations.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017