Ratings for Dr. R Chen

Dr. Chen is polite and knowledgeable. He is generous with time, made me feel important as a patient. I visited him by referral from my GP due to my headache, eye pain, and double vision. Since I have preexisting amblyopia, it was covered by OHIP. His exam was very thorough. I visit my optometrist for a comprehensive exam every year, but he insist doing all the exams again. He explains everything along the way. It was redundant since I'm very knowledgeable of the illness I have all my life, but I do appreciate it. After the exam, he showed me the computer print-outs and numbers, and further explained me my condition. I was disappointed that he didn't believe I would have double vision. Vision is such a subjective experience, impossible to argue. In the end, I just did 2 eye exams in a year and I felt like I had Munchhausen. Not helpful, but I don't blame him. My GP shouldn't have sent me there in the first place. He didn't believe my optometrist.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012